Possible PvP State Fix {{Idea}}

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mini Lini, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Okay, I've posted this in quite a few threads already and have had a few positive replies. I'm just posting it in my own thread so I can get a green name to maybe reply. (Idea was from someone else... Sorry I can't remember your name to credit >.<)

With the current state of PvP I think there is an easy fix. My suggestion would be to make PvP gear T4 MoS marks available from winning Legends, just like it is for winning Arenas.

This would make obtaining PvP more realistic for players who enjoy PvP but can not or do not wish to get into a top PvP league to carry them through it.

This would not hurt SOE I do not believe since people will still be buying replay badges, just for Legends now. Maybe even make the sales of replay badges go up since now people would have a better chance to actually win.

For anyone saying this would be too easy to get T4 PvP gear... I disagree. Legends as we all know DOES take actual skill to win. So if you are winning the match, chances are that you and your team are doing a good job. In Arenas if you are under T4 and have no geared Premade to run with...Your chances of winning are extremely low, whether you have skill or not.

The reason I say it may fix PvP is... With people actually able to get T4 gear now, you'd see plenty of new PvPers in DCUO. Plenty of people now will have T4 and will que up for Arenas. This may bring more life to PvP in my opinion. Which is good for all of us!

If you like this please... Like this. Heh. If not... Post below and your reasons why please. I'd like to hear why if so, since I, myself can't seem to find a fault in this.
    • Like x 14
  2. Thatguy New Player

I definitely like this idea. Winning in any pvp should give marks of strategy.
  3. Battle Man Committed Player

Agreed.

I personally don't care for arenas that much, but I love Lair Battles and Legends.
    All I want the gear for is World PvP, so I will never subject myself to Arena PUGs just to have fun.
  4. phen0mena Committed Player

I guess you all haven't been around long enough, but this is exactly how it used to be.
    There was only one mark type for each new tier, and you got it from every match, win or lose, and in both legends and arenas.

If you lost, you got half marks.

The reason you don't now? Free to play;

Collecting t4 takes approximately 30-5~ ish weeks (very rough math without counting the box quests) without reset tokens.
    Collecting t3 is also a long time, again without resets.
    Collecting new legends characters, before my last break they were 10 Tokens, now 12?
    By having it all split like this, they have increased time to acquisition threefold.

It's all about you spending money.
    You're essentially asking them to revert it back to the way it was, and I couldn't be happier if they did, but this is most assuredly the reason it is how it is now; dollars.
  5. wegiel New Player

Are you kidding me of course the legend is easier to win cause you don't have rps system. I'm not saying that I don't like legends even oposit I really enjoy playing them, but strategy for legends is wrong for me. Get t3 and then start to gain some skill in areans armor is not all.
  6. Horrorshow New Player

There really is no point to doing legends if you have all of the characters unlocked, like I do. PVP arenas was fun before they ruined it but a lot more people are turning to legends. This is a good idea.

Another topic, why did they create a mark of lore when mark of legend is already there? I don't understand why they just didn't make it all one mark.
  7. Yallander Loyal Player

Just highligting a couple of points that aren't correct.

First T3 is still gained at the same rate of win/loss and not dependent on replay badges. While it took me about what you estimated to get full T4, I was in full T3 in the better part of 3 weeks.

Regarding "tokens" for legends characters. If you mean the Last Laugh character those were originally 20 MOL and were reduced to 12 after complaints about the duration it would take to obtain the new characters. The also were going to give heroes Killowog and villians Arkillo, but instead decided to just give a player 12 MOL to purchase whichever character they wanted first.

I don't disagree with you regarding the very visible money grab. Personally I don't want to keep the devs from getting paid, but I don't want to be wined and dined a little before I give up the goods. I think they should implement recipes, utility belts, trinkets (like FOS), styles, and other swag available for purchase with PVP marks to still give me a reason to buy replay badges. Gear should not require purchase to obtain.
  8. dWI New Player

T4 pvp gear is not pay to win. they dont hand you marks of strategy when you spend money. its pay to speed up winning which is a moderate f2p stance compared to games like maple story.

also, use checkmate orders. generally half the arena matches you win and get the weekly reward from give them as missives, so its possible to get 18 marks of strategy a week spending nothing extra than legendary membership.

things to know about checkmate orders is you cannot two active ones of the same # on your mission list and are character bound.

what i do currently is hoard the orders and only try to fill them if i get one with the same #.
  9. Mista E New Player

they just should up the cost a little bit for t4 and then make strat available in legends.

we have been able to gear up like that since launch, and then when t4 dropped it changed, it was an unneeded change just like most changes they made to pvp...

FIX YOUR GAME SOE!!!
    • Like x 1
  10. phen0mena Committed Player

It's a bit disguised, but it is what it is.

The only reason it works is there are those gullible players that feel they 'needed' to have it, because it is an advantage. There were enough of them that went balls to the wall with the idea and made the gap. If you want to fight the highest level, you now need it, and it was more how players reacted to their skinner box at fault than SOE. If everyone had NOT jumped at the bit, it wouldn't have mattered much. I am quite sure SOE has some deep experience though in player habits and the like, and knew for certain this would work as it did.

I am sure it was designed in hopes that this exact mentality was how it was received.
    For another note, I am pretty sure if you're going to spend replays, you are almost assuredly in premades, or at the very least with a 2v2 partner you know is competent.

I would never throw replays out on a whim of winning. The only time I've ever used a replay was in 2v2's with someone I knew for fact could hold their own. Getting replays is flushing your money, but I'm not going to speed that up further via pugs. You're correct it's not direct, but it is what it is.
  11. Spidersting Committed Player

You don't have to reset the map until you are sure you are going to win. You can reset it on the scorecard page.
  12. phen0mena Committed Player

Ha, I rest my case ;)
  13. Spidersting Committed Player

I just ment if you are pugging and you are sure your team is going to win you can reset the map before it is over and still get the box. I don't waste money buying replays i get free replays and SC each month for subbing so i use up what i get. Usually i will just bank a bunch of replays and use em all up over the course of a weekend. This works out well for me since my play time is limited to weekend nights only so i don't get to log in and do dailies/weekly lockouts as often as i like.
  14. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I'm not understanding how everyone is saying winning in Legends takes less skill. Most the time a Premade is queing for Arenas. You're going up against PUGs and steam-rolling them without much skill required. This is currently how many people are getting their MoS for T4.

Legends requires skills, and plenty of it. It's just like fighting someone with equal gear and stats. So it relies on your ability to understand the game PvP mechanics and anticipate your opponent. Granted there is no RPS system there, it's more like everyone fighting in DPS.

@phen0mena, Yes I was around when all gear could be gotten through wins AND loses. Also marks both being obtainable through Legends and Arenas. This wasn't only when they had subs, it was also like this for a while after the game went F2P. The reason I'm asking for it to be earned through Arenas also is because PvP back then was at a better state.

There were more PvP players, and one of the reasons why was because of this, the fact that everyone had equal opportunity to gain gear, and it was gained through skill and NOT who only has the most toys and better geared friends.
  15. Battle Man Committed Player

I don't get the issue with resetting here.
    You're talking about using a Replay Badge, yes?

In my experience, whenever I use a RB in PvP, whether it's Legends or Arenas, the match stays reset until I actually win it.
    So in Lair Battles I can use a RB, then lose the next 12 matches, get the single Mark each loss, but still get the box and MoS when I win.

So it's literally impossible to waste a Replay Badge.
    Am I misunderstanding something?
  16. Fused New Player

This would be nice, but knowing SoE, T5 will cost double the Marks of Strat per piece and will still be under the replay badge system. Then for real, we can PvP in another game.
    • Like x 1
  17. Umi New Player

Agreed. Legends is a great place for new and experienced PvPers, alike. It gives newer players a chance to use, and fight against, multiple weapon types as well. I think it's a great place to learn and have fun, so being able to get weekly MoS from Legends boxes/missives is a great idea.
  18. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

But no one has to deal with RPS so how is it easier to win? Easier for everyone, yes.
    • Like x 1
  19. FroztbyteNML New Player

The only way for it to be a waste is if you had not won your match by reset (Thursday). So if a person plans on pugging mostly, like I do, I would suggest giving yourself an ample amount of time to get the victory.
  20. Spidersting Committed Player

Yep this is it in a nut shell, or you do what i do and just reset when you know you are going to win.