Poll Support Roles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by silikyan, May 15, 2018.

1. silikyan Well-Known Player

Which support role YOU think is hard to find these days (end game t9) or that YOU find most ard to find when grouping up:

1- Tank
    2- Troll
    3- Heal
    4- Dps (hehe)
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lately it's been hard finding healers. Trolls remain the hardest to find, tanks it's a hit or miss. Sometimes I get them first and sometimes I get them after the dps, but usually i find one before the healer and troll
    • Like x 1
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Troller
    Good DPS
    Tank
    Healer
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I just find 7 other dps and use them as a meat shield
    • Like x 5
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actually, I have the most trouble finding DPS.
    • Like x 1
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

It's hard to find people on the EU server.
    • Like x 2
  7. Trinidad James Loyal Player

LMAO! my guy Polling/Petitioning is against forum rules..
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I play as a Troll.

So I never have a hard time finding a Troll. ;) ;)

And I pretty much Solo Troll any content.

So that pretty much skews the Poll sadly. :eek:

I would say the answer to the poll is Troll.... since I am pretty much always the only Troll. But I could be mistaken. ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]

Ah, the memories.
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

only good tanks are hard to find, since ppl persist to run with solo heal and troll , there are plenty of those.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you have a good Troll..... one is all you really need.

I much prefer to solo Troll.

Once in a Blue Moon.... when there is a second Troll in the group...... sadly the second Troll is usually a burden.

The second Troll usually burn all his power trying to DPS.... and barely gives any power to the group.
    So the second Troll sadly pretty much always play like a weak DPS that is very power hungry. :(

So I prefer by far to be the only Troll. ;) ;)
  12. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Meh, calling this a poll is reaching, not sure why it’s in the title tbh. More or less asking for data from personal experiences. Can be seen either way though I suppose.

I play as only trolls and healers though, so for me it’s Dps (worthwhile dps)
    • Like x 2
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah i know i am playing myself troll aswell and i dont need a second troll near me and i can imagine good healers are the same opinion
    • Like x 2
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Trolls are typically the hardest to find. In terms of finding a "Good" support role it's a near impossible thing most of the time. A lot of people want to play a support role but somehow just can't seem to figure it out.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know where to look me up if you need something killed
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I miss the days before weapon mastery and all powers having special power mechanics. I remember when two controllers could bounce power back and forth while keeping everyone else nearly full. These days, most controllers focus too much on debuffs/stuns and not enough on providing power to the group. It would be much better if controllers did both objectives of their role 50/50.

I like to keep my debuffs all active and provide power to the three fatigued group members every time that ability comes off cooldown. That helps with crowd control, keeps everyone's power bars up, and removes defense/damage from enemies. The healing debuff is only up for crowd control and because I have the artifact that increases the group's power pools for all debuffs up.
  17. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I am astonished really at the mention of solo trolling. Outside of War of Light part 1 and I was in a Dwf group that tried two trolls I really haven't seen content requiring 2 trolls since fortress 1 and the bridge of fortress 2. Is this a thing typically in raids?
  18. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

We were only online the same time once lol. Keep missing each other :)
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It doesn't sound like two controllers is common. I don't have trouble keeping people's power up in most situations if everyone is around the same combat rating as my controller, but some players use rotations that are designed for two controllers. I know my Earth character struggles with power when I have only one controller if I use my strongest loadout for damage.

If the controller is good, my colas come off cooldown right around the time I need them for power. Two controllers would be awesome to see on that character, but it never happens anymore. I have the same issue on my Mental character.

Some powers require less power than others for optimal damage. The ones that require more often need two controllers in a raid to keep the juice going, but colas can be substituted if the solo controller is good at the role.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I ran a raid the other day with 3 controllers. :eek: Someone tried to complain and make one change to DPS and it was crickets. LOL. We finished the raid just fine too.
    • Like x 1