Please take a second look at electricity...

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Duck X, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck X Active Player

I will start off by saying that electricity is my favorite power on the game. I don't post much in the forums but i have been playing since tier 3. My main character is 192cr 300sp. I have been every power and role with every power since i started playing. I also have very skilled people to get information from if i need to know anything about a power i haven't played much such as fire and hard light. So i know my stuff pretty well.

Ill start off with the healer side of electricity. Electricity healer side has always been burst based. Meaning not many healing over times, but alot of big burst heal. I believe that you should be able to play with your power whoever you want. Elctricity should have at least 1 more good healing over time other than electro genesis because me as a player would like to have move options for my loadout. I wanna be able to choose between going full burst heals or more heal overtime based or half Hots and half burst. This should not just be with electricity but with every healer power, but the other healer powers are better balanced in that aspect than electricity is. To me voltaic bolt would be the best move for a extra heal over time. It could be changed to be a heal over time if used on electrified enemies kinda like electroburst does. This change would b great it would create more opportunities for loadouts. Also the cooldown on bio capacitor is way too long it should be reduced from 18 second to 12. The safety net effect should b increased to 1 minute or bring it back to 2 minutes because it does not make any difference since almost everybody uses bio capacitor when it comes out of cooldown anyway. One more thing for the healer side electro genesis should do a small to medium sized burst heal when activated on the most injured group member or on 4 people and then continue with its normal healing over time effect. If voltaic was changed to a heal over time it could do the same.

Now onto the dps side
    Electro genesis in damage role is good it could be nice if it did a medium burst to start off and a dot after. Voltaic bolt could do the same but it should be a big burst damage tick followed by a dot keep the cooldown at 12 seconds so it isn't spammable. If the damage is right on the burst that it does the dot should not be too high, megavolt supercharge increase the damage much more. It is a super charge, it should not be hitting lower than my powers. Also increase the damage on every burst power that benefit from power interactions to compete with mental and ice because they are weaker than those power, way too weak compared to those, this includes shockwave, electrostatic bomb, attract, overcharge, voltaic bolt, tesla ball's damage should also be increased slightly.

This is some of the changes that electricity would need to be a great solid power because it is falling behind to the newer powers on test. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys took a second look at one of the best looking powers in the game and made some changes to it. It has been the weakest damage power for a really long time, and the healing play style has lacked options since the beginning.
    • Like x 5
  2. Duck X Active Player

One more thing, there has not been much feed back on electricity. So this could really help out with ideas.
    • Like x 1
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Not saying names or events, but there has been significant feedback on electricity that led to a lot of improvements, it's just not public on the official thread ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Duck X Active Player

They could still do better. And compared to mental and ice which all 3 have similar play styles dots, pi, burst, and weapon. It falls short in the dps side. Way short its just weaker. Its has been tested.
    • Like x 1
  5. Duck X Active Player

I haven't seen anything on electricity since 1.3. I believe it should be revised and updated with more creative changes like some of the things that i mentioned above.
    • Like x 3
  6. Life Caster New Player

I couldn't agree more with Duck X I Been on test for a long time now an electricity as a whole is very disappointing to play with really needs to fixed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Electric was actually doing a lot better both damage and support role wise then majority of other powers on test server. Only recently was it surpassed by powers like fire and quantum. Not sure where you're getting that it's doing horribly but it was one of the most balanced powers. Still needs work? Of course, but not to the degree it's being made out here. Just my opinion though.
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I'm going to lean towards that OP hasn't been on the test server.
    • Like x 1
  9. Duck X Active Player

Its called testing. When you have powers that have a similar play style and they outshine you by alot there is something wrong. Also they could have done more creative stuff to it other that keeping the same and messing with cooldowns and how many people powers heal. And damage role the burst damage falls short compared to everything else. Please do not comment on powers if you aren't experienced to a certain degree with it.
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Says who? Me and Crappy have been parsing higher for electricity compared to mental and ice and I'm pretty sure both of us have done the most competitive parsing out of anyone on test.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Have you even properly tested the powers? What was your loadout and rotation you used as electric to come here and say mental and ice are doing better? Cause I can tell you from experience parsing and using it to dps in raids, that most certainly is not the case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.