Please option for 2 accessories

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TheSuperPhantomBoy, Sep 7, 2021.

1. TheSuperPhantomBoy Level 30

Hello DEVS, I need to know about whether an option is going to be enabled for the character to have 2 accessories, because we have so many accessories, but we can only currently use 1, Thank you very much.
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

I´m not a developer in this game but technically it would even be possible to have 10 auras, accessories etc. I´m also a fan of ideas, its just when thinking about it, how would it look to have 2 accessories at the same time, would they interfere with each other (visually).

Im pretty sure the actual accessories stacked wouldnt fit, but a second type of accessories which could be created for specific "body-addons" like arm, back spikes whatever your imagination is, could be a cool thing. Or accessories which could work with actual ones if they´re not causing visual issues.

At the end it´s obviously more work for them, if they have to check if accessories can work together, therefore its unlikly they going to add a second slot for that. On top of that comes the question if it would look decent, and a question about performance..sure it wouldnt cause a high drop if you´re alone in your base, but with many players around it could become a heavy load, since those accessories aint just any triangle or double quad sided meshes which would be maybe 8 vertices...the "card" accessories is that type i guess, we´re talking about 3d models which will have around 500 verts or "higher poly" count depending on quality (which is already really low) and im sure you dont wanna see ~2005 graphic models in the game. If you´ve shadows enabled it will even cause higher drops.

Side Note:
    If we wanna be really stingy, it will cost you even more (Watt) power draw, even for those which wouldn´t use them.:D
    The key in dcuo, which not really alot of people seem to appreciate enough, it has really really great quality of graphics if you compare it with other games and the hardware which is needed to play it. In a world where we wanna be playing the heroes, and everyones talking about climate change...low power draw, good quality is the way to go.