Please Increase Base Item Limit (and Base Video)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Harlequin_Nox, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Attached is a video of two of my Bases. The first is my Occult Library, and the second is the Hangman's Noose. Both of these bases are at the 500 Base Item Limit. And I would really like to be able to add more items.

As you can see, the bottom of the Occult Library is basically empty. And I am at capacity.
    And in the Hangman's Noose, I would really like to make the bottom into an overgrown graveyard (speaking of, a Rolling Fog base item at Halloween would be UBER, please), but for now it is just a graveyard.

All of that being said, I am well aware of how to scrounge up extra room for a handful of new items, but you lose flavor doing that after a while. I would really like to just be able to place more items. So...

Devs... Please consider increasing the Base Item Limit to 750, or even 1000 base items, if at all possible. I know the PS3 memory limits may pose an issue here, but I am hopeful that may not be the case.

Thank you.
    • Like x 10
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Psssht I thought the 200 limit was high enough. 1000?? I can't even see myself with 500.
    • Like x 1
  3. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

You must have a very basic base, then. I'm guessing little to no room dividers and very little in the way of decoration.

And I'm guessing you did not watch the video, either. :/
    • Like x 2
  4. omegahawk74 Committed Player

You only have 2 bases I've bought 3 bases for my 6 toons and I have well over 1000 plus base items and I guess if you decorate your base with little small stuff fitting more in them can happen but well I have Tank's and big items in my bases and still run out of room to do anything in so I would like them to increase the base size even.
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I fully support this. If they can do it, they should do it.

However, I think technical limitations, greater than just what the PS3 is imposing, will probably prevent this from happening.

But if they can do it, I say do it.

Also, up the number of League Hall base items, too, if possible.
    • Like x 3
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

Yeah, like money.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

:p

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. omegahawk74 Committed Player

That is another area I would love to see even bigger with smaller rooms to give out to the dedicated league players. I have a Hero League hall and a villain League hall as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

The issue with more items is the lack of space for half of what we already have. I bought the Batman items and I had to pretty much dedicate the whole base to place them, they where too small for the league hall, and too big for any player base. We need more space, it's that simple, without more space there's no point in increasing the amount of things we can place in a base. If their intent is to force us into buying a new base every time we run out of space, then at least add new styles, which I believe you should be able to do even with the PS3, since you're adding 2 new PVE maps. I wish I had a Wasteland theme based, or a bombshell 1940's one (deco comes close but it could be better. League Halls and bases have been neglected for too long, you keep adding base items for each, but we're at the point where we can't do much more to them without having to change a style we worked hard on making.
    • Like x 1
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

11. omegahawk74 Committed Player

Yea what he said. I mean what ernie said.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Technically money isn't a technical limitation ;)

I'm thinking more in terms of each base item have a couple of thousand polygons and the more you add, the more pressure it puts on the hardware, especially when coupled with everything else (character models, pets, power visuals etc.) It's a lot of weight and people wouldn't be best pleased if their lair started lagging.
  13. omegahawk74 Committed Player

I'm on the Ps4 and I have the Highest speed internet at my house so I have no probs with adding more.
    • Like x 1
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

So... Increase the maximum number of deeds a character can hold? I'd be okay with that.... (Especially if we got new lair layouts to fill them with.)

Some area layouts that would be cool to recycle into lairs:

That underground Vault from the inter-gang crime wave(Just smooth out the wall textures in the big main room with that catwalk around the top...)

Some of the "Houses" used in the 1-30 missions...
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

It is if you need to buy new tech but can't.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There's nothing to buy. It's about technical limitations. Not something money can solve.
  17. omegahawk74 Committed Player

How about a outside base I mean like one that is as big and looks like the solo wonder woman and circ missions with say smaller rooms to walk into and we can put stuff outside like our tanks and so forth on the ground and put stuff on the wall's and put stuff in the smaller rooms. I would pay 50 dollars for a big base like that as long as they put lots of rooms in it and make it big and can have party's it with big Speakers or a Band singing type area and you can change the music and have dance floors and fireworks going into the air and oh my gosh the list goes on and on and on for ways they can make money. They should turn into the next playstation home type deal and make some money off so much stuff and make a contract with sony to have them help this to happen and then BAM were off to new and way cooler stuff that would keep us around DC come on its not all about fighting all the time. I want to get into a car even with my flying toons and smash it into buildings and run nps over make this happen DC and you'll make money.
    • Like x 1
  18. omegahawk74 Committed Player

PS Money solves everything as with more money comes more power to do changes to a game. Incase you don't understand what I mean by more power is that with money they can buy more equipment to increase the world to portions of WOW effect.
    • Like x 1
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

umm yes it can, if everyone had money for a PS4 and they the money to upgrade the engine it would solve the technical issue.
  20. omegahawk74 Committed Player

I mean I have 2 Ps4's in my house and a ps3 that my 6 years playes DC on and he love's DC but if they had to move the game away from the ps3 players to get more people to pay for DC stuff and make money again then that is something to be honest they should do. PS4's are getting a little cheaper every day and if you look on some websites you can get them for like 100 dollars even and they work even.
    • Like x 1