Please, I beg you to look at the broker

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CaptainColdilocks, Feb 23, 2022.

1. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

I’m sure you have a lot going on with DC, but I think it’s time we address the broker. I’m a PS5 user. I have fibre op internet. I cannot go to the broker, open it and look up an item. No, I have to open the broker, close the broker, open the broker again then hope it works. When it does work, it’s only a matter of a few item before it starts duplicating your inventory, or showing the wrong items and lagging.

Before anyone says to slow down, I do, I DO, let the pages load before I move.

Last, this issue has moved onto other UI screen, such as trying to level your augments/allies, etc.

I understand that it’s a 10 year old game. But on the other hand, it’s a 10 year old game (and this is not a new issue).

Thank you.
    • Like x 8
  2. Achikah All About That Base

Agreed.
    I'm on the broker a good portion of the time, and on the PS4 it has a definite graphical issue. As described, sometimes the pages will overlay on top of one another, then there's the horrific lag the longer you browse. As an avid decorator, I constantly go through all 400-500 pages of furniture and by the Gs/Hs it takes forever to buy an item. By the time I get to the S-Ts my screen completely locks up for a good minute or two before telling me I've purchased the item in question. It's fairly frustrating, to the point of where I'll just write down an item I want, get to the end of the alphabet, and then close and reopen to search them back up.

The mailbox also does the same thing when trying to send multiple pieces of mail. After each send, I have to exit the mailbox because my inventory display is locked and unable to scroll from item to item for attachment.

Not sure if this is a game issue or just a PS issue, but ya, if there's anything that can be done with the state of the broker/mailbox, it'd be appreciated.
  3. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

it's been like this for so long (talking years now) I became genuinely conetent to just put up with it, thinking that it was a problem at my end

now that I know better, pls devs, I think it's overdue some tlc
  4. Proxystar #Perception

who cares, just stop opening the broker, there's nothing in there affordable anymore anyway :D

kidding - yeah broker needs some attention for sure.
  5. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

Yes! The mailbox as well.

Also, I want to be clear that I ask my request with much respect to the devs.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You just kind of get used to operating within its laggy horror show of a mess.

Could they fix it? Maybe

Will they? Probably not

Would it change anything? Not for anyone that's used to it. It might save me a few seconds every few minutes or so, but it's not worth a serious effort imo.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you'll have less issues in your base than trying to do this in the house of legends
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Please up-vote the thread that tracks this issue. Thank you in advance.

Up-Votes Needed - Broker Glitch | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)