Please fix the targeting issues with napalm grenade, sleep dart, guass grenade and sticky bomb.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SlayingDaimon, Feb 22, 2013.

1. SlayingDaimon New Player

There is an issue with the targeting system that causes the above mentioned powers in addition to taser pull to not hit targets at range. This issue occurs both when they are moving at a fast pace or farther than 1/2 the red lock on range. I can occur if the target appears stationary but this is a rare..
    Prior to game update 22 sticky bomb did not have the same tracking issues as the others.

At the moment The only way I can reliably reproduce it is to have a hostile speedster run back and forth (easiest to follow the yellow line on a road) with you at a spot facing the mid-point forming a T shape. Target lock them and use any of those powers when they approach the midpoint of the run. The further out you go the more likely you are to see a miss. Also if a player is inside the red lock on distance and when you fire the abilities they will no longer pursue the target beyond the a certain range anymore which makes it difficult to finish off fleeing opponents.

This is speculation on my part but I believe those abilities are set up as ray-cast and may be tied to a loss of targeting during lag spikes or not being in range when the hit is supposed to be registered. I came to this conclusion by targeting a sparring target in the hall of doom and positioning myself with another sparing target between me and the targeted one. I used a hand blast to make sure it dealt damage to the middle sparring target before using those abilities which always hit the middle target.

If I find a more reliable method to reproduce the issues or more info on the issue I will post it here. This is on the USPS3 server. Thank you for any help in this matter.
    • Like x 5