Please devs, address why we keep getting less and less?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TestReporter Loyal Player

This is just a half true, we all know that ps3 holds the game back visually and in how many things they can implement, but it's not just because of that.
    We don't get new game modes, legends, weapons and new cities because the development team don't have enough manpower to do so, all content we have been getting had less and less quality, maybe except for AFIII, that was pretty good (could be better, but it wasn't bad at all, visually and in terms of new mechanics, reused many more maps than AF2 for comparison, but had more content than AF1), now look at AOJ, everything is basically in the same map or reused ones from the past, there aren't new mechanics at all, and just per degaton had a new design, the others were reused, is that ps3 fault? Also, why can't we get new SMs? Is that a ps3 problem?
    Not disagree with you completelly, but we can't say "we don't have nice things because of ps3".
    • Like x 4
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

At that point that excuse wont be valid due to other MMOs on ps4 showing the standard.
    • Like x 3
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Manpower is an issue, but the real issue IMO is that the game does not bring in enough revenue to justify the increase in devs. The game is in its midlife crisis. And if even 1 of marvel's 5 game deal with square enix was a superhero MMO where you can create your own character, DCUO would probably depend on PS3 revenue .

Devs are stressed for deadlines. And the average gamers expectations increase with rising competition.

When DCUO first came out it had 0 competition for its console playerbase, so they were able to get away with alot of things. Nowadays there are so many options out there on PS4 that DCUO loses players just by doing silly things.

Now that the census is back up we can actually see how many players left the game from the stats revamp or just the game in general and how the #s justify how many devs they can afford.
    • Like x 1
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Just a comment ont he marvel statement.. there is a lot of talk that it will in fact be an mmo similar to dcuo as far as character creation... if this is true this will be huge competition for dcuo.... also there is a rumor that champions online will see ps4 sometime in the future... not sure how much of a competition that is but it would also hurt a bit...
  5. Xorian Justice Well-Known Player

As a new player this is quite discouraging as I do not mind spending more money here and there as a sub. I guess I joined this mmorpg way to late.
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

LFG used to scroll so fast you could barely read it
    • Like x 3
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is exactly why I dont keep a legendary membership anymore.

imo after so many 'lies' I got sick of supporting them. So I stopped, and wont til they change how they operate or in the very least deliver what they said they'd give us.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How can you tell from the Census how many left???
    I use the Census only once in a while.... so pretty sure I don't know all the tools/options that come with it.

As for other MMOs...... no guarantee that the next Super-Hero MMO will be better then what we have now.... wether Marvel.... Image.... or Hellboy. ;) ;)

Eons ago.... there was this AWESOME game called Baldur's Gate. And they made BG2 that was even better.
    It was a game that was all kinds of awesome..... and we could only dream how future games would only improve on how awesome Baldur's Gate was.
    The quality of games after BG and BG2 could only be better..... there is no way that future games would be a step back compared to BG.......right?? (At that time we also had the Legendary Planescape; Torment, Icewind Dale which not as good as BG was pretty darn good still).... and Fallout 1 and 2).

And then Neverwinter Night was announced.... and we thought our prayers were answered.
    A new game like Baldur's Gate.... but with "improved" 3D graphics.

Sadly... NWN was not an improvement over BG.
    Sure.... it was using 3D graphics and some kind of dynamic lighting FX. And the character creation was pretty cool allowing you to create the character you wanted to create.

But everything else was a step down.
    The Story.
    The gameplay.
    They had taken everything that made BG great..... and threw it down the drain.
    They decided to go from scratch when making their new game.
    Turns out that most of the team on NWN was not the same team that worked on BG..... and they decided that they could do "much better" then what the BG team had done (saw that happen tooooo many times sadly).

Look at Marvel Heroes as an example.
    It came out AFTER DCUO.
    You would have expected them to at least be able to MATCH the quality of DCUO??
    Once you have characters that can fly all over the city.....
    how can you go back to characters like in Diablo.
    And not even the better Diablo 2...... Diablo...... the first one.
    Holy crap was that not just a step down....... but 1000 steps down.

So future games and Super-Hero MMOs..... not sure if they will be able to even match what DCUO has accomplished.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 1
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

bruh I can tell you now if marvels new game drops and it allows character creation Im bouncing from here, as I love marvels villains 100x more then DC'

I grew up drawing and reading spiderman and venom (mainly venom)

so it got me into marvel villains early on. This game is the only thing that ties me to DC lol
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

even with Marvels 'diablo' type game they have now, you still have to give them credit, they've been able to do things dcuo hasn't.

they fix bugs faster + and been able to allow 20+ adds on screen at once, same for players(without the UI going crazy like it does when 30+ gather in same area in dcuo) ;)

that imo is a +1 for Marvel.
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

Unfortunately, the Devs have said that marketplace items do not sell as much as they need to be.

Honestly, if the styles from the TCs were on the market for $20, would you guys buy it? Maybe you would, but most people probably wouldn't.
  12. Revafall Well-Known Player

I'm a DC fanboy, but if Marvel made a Marvel Universe Online, then DCUO is ****** done packed - Everybody will move over to that game, except from the diehard DC fans... I like both DC and Marvel and I would probaly go over there too, if the game was better than DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  13. °RAGEZ° Active Player

Noone would buy it if the marketplace Styles wont grant you the Feats as well. Its a damn Joke that all these disgusting materials, the emblems and styles within TC's + outside of TC the new omnipotence items (which are too expensive to get all before next episode comes without using replay badges) have Feats on them... This is no Feature or anything we should be happy about. This is just another well done pay2win... no thanks. Keep it for yourself, Devs. Im tired of getting slapped in the face of you again and again. If you want me to finally leave your Game, you are doing it just right. Im sorry for the People like Oceans who make such a great Job creating new Mapps and stuff but nothing these amazing Artists create will save the Game if you cant stop these pathetic concepts with pay2win included.
    • Like x 3
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They made Marvel Heroes. ;) ;):D
  15. Revafall Well-Known Player

True but that's not an mmorpg :)
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

:D:D:D
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Wow, after reading through this thread I can see why TC and replay badges are a mainstay for DPSuo.

How does any of what many have posted express how players are getting less.

If styles, yeah how many new styles came with SoT? The last content to have a lot of styles was,...?

I also don't recall a time that they gave members Respec tokens or any other bonus besides a free month and the bot.

The only difference is something that a player pointed out years ago, less boss drops due to less boss fights, LoL.

The frustration is real in this game, but by going hyperbole in attempting to making a point probably does nothing to help the cause but actually drives even more towards more of the same.

It is a reason the older content does not get resold as a bright gem vs newer content.

There is a reason why TC and RB are the top commodity in the marketplace.

Being honest with ourselves is the key and part of the honesty is we are not patient, we want it all now.

For years most of us high end players with maxed out character's really had only a couple of reasons for having a membership.

Money, characters, and all content.
    • Like x 1
  18. Revafall Well-Known Player

To address some of the things you said, it's not only specific things people are not happy with but the overall management of the game and the content structure and quality. If you ask people what they don't like about the game, you'll get different reasons from everybody, sure some of them are shared but it's just the fact that this game more bad than good and once people realise that, then they move away from the game. There's a reason why this game is not more popular than it is in the mmorpg genre and these points are the reason why
  19. L T Devoted Player

Umm... But the aura and emblems are for every character on your account.
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i remember when the vanguard of the cosmos was put in the mp. i was embarrassed to buy it more because at the time the general consensus is style items shouldn't go in the mp...they should be something you earn in game. I even had a few players make remarks about it being a "ptw" style.

best five bucks i ever spent. haven't taken it off since.

the marketplace has always been underutilized. the devs also have a bit of a disconnect with our own ability to distinguish "quality" items from (to be blunt) "crap".

for example the bombshell hairstyle pack was a good addition to the mp. four style that can be used on all your (female) characters. four unique styles that looked great.

the amazon hairstyle pack...not so much. three styles two of which were reskins of hairstyles already in the game with none of the styles players were begging for.

the mp should be filled with iconic styles, base items, styles in game we dont have access to.

just off the top of my head:

flash museum base item packs that have the cloud, ice and fire signs.

special styles: Jinx's chest piece from the sons of trigon duos, artemis hairstyle, lady blackhawks pleated skirt, lara jor els outfit from OC. Waterfall base items, force wall room dividers, more tech items to make lairs look super.

sighs.

why must i be cursed with this love for dc comics....