Pet dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by II Phantom, Apr 10, 2022.

1. II Phantom New Player

Just wondering if pet dps any good? If so, what's the best power for it and build?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pet builds are viable and for the most part easier to use than standard builds (generally speaking). Any power can work as a pet build. It basically just depends on what power you want to use. A pet builds will revolve around 2 options.

Source Shard, Quislet, and Grimorium.
    or
    Source Shard, Quislet, and Mercy

Mercy is the new artifact coming next DLC. Pick the power you like to use as a base and build up from there. Keep in mind that like every build, pet builds do have down sides. Pets are not buffed by buff trolls and buffs in general. And there are some mechanics/feats where you want to not kill something and pets AI make it so you have to not use pets at some points. Because of that It is a good idea to have back up arts to swap in for those situation. But that does not mean that it is bad. Even for standard builds some arts will be situational. If you like being a summoner type of dps than go for it.
    • Like x 1
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I used this double xp past to level source shard & quislet to run them & grim.

Is it going to be my main dps armoury? No.

Is it a real nice situational armoury to have? Hell yes!

Where it shines, is either when the DPS are consistently & constantly interupted or max range scenarios. For me, I got this setup specifically for next survival mode.
  4. Leonite Well-Known Player

Pets are useful as additional DoT if your loadout has an extra slot. A pet can occupy any one free slot after considering the 25% power regeneration penalty. Go put the RSK or any permanent pet summon rather than a superpower that you will rarely use.

For example, if RSK does 4K damage per second and your supercharge does 300K damage but you can only cast it every 2 mins (300K/2mins = 2.5K dmg per sec) then RSK is better than that supercharge in single target situations. That said, a healer spamming eog means you should replace RSK with the supercharge instead.
  5. II Phantom New Player

Thanks a lot guys. So I went with earth pet dps. Aside from artifacts is there a specific loadout I should be using? or anything in particular? Also, is RSK better than crystal?
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Regarding loadout, a full pet build would be revolving around your pet so you’d do something like:

X, y, godwave, fortify, crystal, entomb

X would be your spam ability. You’ll use pebble blast for ST and something stone (forgot the name) for aoe. Both are a 0.5 sec cooldown. You’ll basically be spamming this until your other ability is off cooldown.

Y will be your stronger ability. For ST you’ll use your finisher. And for AoE you can use striking stones or rumble crush.

Alternatively you could also use combos as the last 2 abilities. These options would be:
    Rumble crush and upheaval for range
    Or
    Tectonic break and jackhammer for melee

Keep in mind that combos don’t reset godwave just the initial cast of those abilities.

Regarding rsk vs crystal. I personally like rsk more but it’s really up to you. If you use the new mercy artifact when it comes out than you would still want to use the above loadouts. If you choose to not use mercy and want to use rsk than you have 1 x ability got your loadout and rotation. This is where combos can come in.

For AoE you could use the x, y, z slots with:
    Upheaval, rumble crush, striking stones

Using this loadout you could do:
    Upheaval (combo 1x) clip with rumble crush > striking stones > repeat

Or you could use upheaval, rumble crush, and freeze breath instead. This loadout will be a little harder thou. M

Using this loadout you would do:
    Upheaval (combo 1x) clipped with rumble crush > freeze breath (tap range as soon as second tick happens) > upheaval (combo 2x) clipped with rumble crush > upheaval (comboed 2x) clipped with fumble crush > freeze breath (tap range as soon as second tick happens) > repeat

For melee it would basically stay the same as the previous melee loadout except you add unstoppable. And you clip tectonic break with unstoppable

I personally find this type of dpsing more fun but that is subjective
    • Like x 1