Pet Build Artifacts?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Control Creed, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Control Creed Well-Known Player

For Sorcery and Earth I'm using Grim / Shard not sure what else to add... right now I'm using Venom Wrist.

Does anyone do this or is it just Trans Strat Solar all the way?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm believe the meta currently is:
    1. Shard
    2. Grimorium OR Quislet
    3. [your choice] Transformation/Solar Amp/HUD
    • Like x 1
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Thank you.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah. I don't know why I said HUD, I meant EoG.
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've been running source/grim and la mort for awhile on my sorcery toon and love it for the most part. It does extremely well in solos/duos/alerts and has a strong st. In a raid run, it can do great score wise in an average group. But if you're in a big burner group and there's a buff troll, you'll fall behind because might increases don't help a pet build. So if you always run with a power troll, you'll be heroic looking. Not so much if group is buffed.
    That all being said, I'm planning on dumping he la mort to see of I can get on par with buffed meta" builds. I'm looking closely at computos hud. I leveled a quislet up to 100 and he does about same as grim which means he would do well but I need my pi from grim so sticking with him. Going to level another quislet on my rage alt and replace grim and see how I like it, may make me change again later. But yeah, 3rd art choices seem to be a tough choice lol. Some have been using dead kings scepter for the pet cooldowns. My plan is to get on test and try computo, eog, or scrap. I'm not sure why trans would be helpful here but may give it a whirl. Pets don't crit so I just don't see it being useful
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have abilities in your loadout and weapon attacks that can crit, your pets aren't doing all the work. Transformation Card is worth the investment.
    • Like x 2
  7. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Yeah I do that with sorc. He’s precision rifle and does pretty well.
  8. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Good point on the buff troll... hadn't thought of that, main troll in my league (when I'm not power trolling) is a buff troll.

So much to take into account.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yes there is. I'll try trans but as of now, aside from my finisher, I only have 1 attack. If it's an aoe/ add filled fight I use soul bolt. If it's a pure st fight, i use vengeance. If la mort goes and i use trans then I'd pull my finisher and just have those 2 on the bar all the time. Soul bolt hits for 22k aoe with a splash on other targets about 6k each, vengeance is around 31k st. Buffed by a troll it's like 42/55 respectively. No other attacks are fast/ powerful enough to use when trying to get godwave to reset. Could pull out my supercharge from the tray and add another. Lots of options. But computo gets my attention because pets fill prec, I'll fill might bar, and the attack it gives you in the tray also never crits
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I like Dead King Scepter to reduce pet cool down. Its only 10 percent you get a nice orbital bonus as well.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I use Grim, Source Shard and Transformation Card on my Celestial DPS and it works a treat. I always have the Robot Sidekick and Grim pet out, and I use the Dark Construct Bat as soon as it's off cooldown.
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Pet builds not worth it. The amulet and buff trolls make per builds obsolete. Buff trolls giving 9% might and 5%crits. The artifact is keeping might dps at 30% might entire runs. If you want to have fun grim, shard, and trans. If you want to compete scrap pet build
    • Like x 1
  13. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Well on my pet toon, I dont run elites since I am also might melee because it refreshes the shard quicker. If you dont run elites, it absolutely is worth it.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It's all going to come down to what each player wants to do and in what type of content. Same as any power. It's a safe build with a lot of range so maybe you'll be mid pack in the dps chart in a buff troll run but you'll for sure have taken the least damage and need the least power. Can only speak for myself, and kind of the people I play with, but we will run raids without a troll often these days. Buffs are nice and all but if you do 1 heal, 1 tank, and the rest dps then buffs aren't needed. Or if troll takes a knee, pet builds won't even notice.
    Aside from that, in a raid like fgse, a pet build will pull ahead of most other builds because they don't ever stop attacking. Last fgse run I was in, reflect was happening every 15secs or so. Then you get to the Zues bit and you can be real far away and still connect vs a lot of other powers just have to sit around because they aren't the 2 dps in range.

New raid is another story. Too many things happening to time it right in 1st fight. 2nd is easy. 3rd, pets weren't hitting mordru for 2 phases while I was running it so hard to say how it will be in there now.

Personally still haven't given up on it yet. Mostly because I heal raids but also because I straight melt enemies in alerts, solos, or duos. Plus anyone can do great with the usual builds so it's more fun for me to come in a close 2nd or 3rd on the dps charts knowing I'm not following meta