People want a raise in DCUO? How about a raise in Quarks?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

First of all, yes I'm aware that an idea like this is very unlikely to happen/is a long shot. But why not?

So with there being more items in the second chance/booster gold vendor I feel like it's overdue that we get an increase in the amount of quarks we get per opening time capsule.

Currently with the way the quarks system is setup, it's very difficult to get an estimate as to where/what people are standing are and that's because this is the first currency that's subjected to the Randomness of RNG.

Some people per instance can only manage around 10, 12, or 17 quarks.

I, myself, have managed around 11 quarks per average. And I've seen other people post that they've seen around 100 quarks, but from my experience those are the rarest and uncommon to get in the game.

The problem with this systems currency being subjected to RNG instead of a flat value means that you can be barely scratching the surface of the said item/cosmetic that you want to get. So if your like me and average about 11 quarks per capsule and choose to get the additional 10 every-time; that means you will get 21 quarks, which isn't enough to even buy a crafting mote.

There's other math I can do, but it's all so dependent on just how many quarks you get; one thing can be said for sure, it's never consistent because the quarks are the only RNG currency in DCUO and I hate that.

Putting math into this:
    If you want a material right now and only average out 21 quarks, you'd roughly need to open up about 271 time capsules just to reach your goal. (5700 quarks divided by 21=271 capsules or more)

Members don't have it much better sitting at around 244 time capsules to open around this rate to get going at that material.
    (5129 quarks divided by 21=244 capsules or more.)

If your really lucky and got about 100 quarks every TC you'd open, you would need to only open 57 time capsules instead of 271. A major difference.

This isn't just about materials, there's plenty of other items which I want to get; but I don't feel encouraged to open or even buy time capsules because when you open them, you barely feel like your scratching the surface of just how many quarks you need per item that your wanting. 11 Quarks per TC? Might as well be throwing me pennies as a currency at that rate with how much said cosmetic in the quark/second chance vendor is charging you.

With more items coming into the second chance/booster gold vendor, on-top of the already existing items in the quark vendor we have can we please have an increase in quarks? Or a Flat Rate Currency instead of the RNG currency rate we have now?

I would prefer 100 quarks per TC opening, but even just converting the minimum quarks we have now to just 50 consistently would feel like we would progress and get our items at a much better rate/pace.

I'm aware with this request, they can potentially inflate the quark vendor prices; but eh it's worth a shot. I'd just like to feel more encouraged to feel like I have a shot at getting the items in the quark/second chance vendor instead of just barely scratching the surface like the way quarks are setup right now.

Ty for reading, and if you agree/disagree let me know below.
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I agree quarks should be raised to the point where it is cheaper to get the old outdated second chance items at a more minimum reasonable price, at the moment it's about

5,200 quarks for an ultra rare = 20 quarks per capsule / 260 capsules at approx 13 x $18 $234

I propose dropping that to at least half that $100, meaning the quarks that drop from each capsule at a minimum should be approx 52 quarks,

so I propose increasing the guaranteed minimum to 30 and the optional drop to 20
    • Like x 5
  3. Proxystar #Perception

perhaps the additional quarks could also drop only if you're a member :D
    • Like x 7
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How about they double for members?
    Minimum of 60 and optional drop to 40?

That's essentially 100 quarks per member, and that could be seen as a potential sub benefit if someone is really wanting to get those items in the most efficient way possible.

Food for thought :D
    • Like x 2
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

If they react to this I just wanted to make sure that I post in this thread and I will certainly hit the follow this thread as well.

It will be another of those things that the odd phrase be careful what you wish for.

They kinda had to be pricked and pried to get the vendor in the first place.

Now if they do change things a little as asked for, super great, but from years of experience, dealing with countless adjustments and changes.

It never works out to our benefit and in a whole lot of cases lead to a whole new line of request on a very long adventure down the ole rabbit hole.

Not saying it is a bad suggestion not saying it is a good one either, but, there is a giant elephant in the forums and it is all about profits, this idea will cut into profits, good or bad.
    • Like x 3
  6. Shellheart76 Active Player

New benefits.....for subscribers? In DCUO??? That'll be the day ;)

It is a good idea though.
  7. Draconiano Committed Player

I said it a long time ago, give a random daily amount of quarks in the vault.
    • Like x 1
  8. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Boy so as a premium i may get a phoenix feather in 3 years from regulary opening capsules, if not 4, may as well make it 10 years, lol. Not to count that members open more TCS then i do. Unless they do a revamp on perks, you can slow down the horses. Even if they gave a perma 50% discount on 2vendor as a membership perk, while you are forced to pay in order to play, it gives no value to the game. So unless they do a perk revamp and make legendary not a mandatory thing, in other words, give free player the possibilty to continue their progression by queuing for any t4 and up. The game will stay as it is.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Or you can just simply stop expecting to get member perks without paying the fine, and sub up if you want the same treatment as Subscribing members. That works too. Cheers! :)
    • Like x 12
  10. JKwak Well-Known Player

dont care about time capsules and quarks anymore even with second chance vendor its just borderline gambling, without wasting my DBC on time capsules I m still opening team up time capsules to get the Negative Speed force Material,
  11. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

What me subbing up, has to do whit a falsely free to play advertised experience when the game is straight pay to play? Without a sub, you can't play the game, period.
  12. Dene Devoted Player

You can't play it the way you want =/= false advertising
    • Like x 5
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you want membership perks, then get a membership, period. This game was never truly a "free to play"-game, I think you know that as much as I do.
    • Like x 3
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

this is false. the core original game is indeed free to play. everything else is add on/dlc and never heard of a company giving stuff like that away for free.
    • Like x 1
  15. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Hello all :) This would be great if there was even a snowballs chance of it happening. You have MY full support. HOWEVER, here's why you probably won't have any of the devs support lol.

First,

We'll need to back up to when tc's were first released. (man, do I love taking people back in time) and then fast forward again to when the next tc's were released. Ok, great. Lol

Now, remember what happened when people were opening time capsules trying to get collections and a full set of TC gear? Say the piece they were missing was a rare TC drop so they'd be opening and receiving the same junk over and over again. This caused players to be upset because they felt they were wasting money (if purchased) or time (if earned running the stabilizer mission.) This reaction forced the devs to come out with something known as QUARKS which can be used in the Time and Space machine and later they introduced Mr Gold.

With this golden idea and these vendors, it was even better because all styles and items in these machines can still be collected through in game content.

But either way, These items in the quark machines was intentionally meant to be an over time thing so players would receive something even if they didn't need the items in the current TC's. Thus, making players who already have all items from the capsules buy MORE capsules all in the name of quarks. And it also soothed the pain of the players who felt ripped off when buying or opening capsules and having received duplicates.

Now,

The speeding up of buying things from these capsules would appear on paper and look like a loss of money as well as a shorter time span before the devs have to add more items into them. AND from a CEO's perspective....the answer is obviously no.

Here's MY perspective, I figure that THEY (the devs) Figure, IF you can't get it from in game content the right way and you REALLY want it:D .....well, PAY TO WIN!! Except, you REALLY have to pay hard or go home lol. Now THATS a solid definition of pay to win right there but weirdly, i'm actually glad we have it.

But I see absolutely no reason why they can't at the least, give us subscribers a little bit more quarks per capsule :)
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Most of what you said is right on but you're off on the Pay to Win thing right there. If Soul Reaper completed the latest collection for the new Time Capsule shiny, yes...he got a prize...but did you actually win??? Cause how does that help you in Elite or even regular content??? If you're talking about stat points, again, what did you win exactly??? You're not suggesting that the one or two stat points you got from those items were the determining factor in beating the latest raid are you???? No matter which way you paint it, you're REALLY stretching the definition of Pay to Win.
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your definition of pay to win, thru styles, amuses me. Let me know which style, aura, or material specifically helped you win something in this game. I've yet to kill anything with my styles, but I'll give it a go. ;p
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How about an item in the loyalty vendor (not sure what to do with the PC side or how Xbox works though) that is say 500 loyalty points for 500 or 600 quarks? I know a lot of members who spend their monthly loyalty points on stabilizers anyway....5 opened TCs would yield approximately 100-150 quarks (at 20-30 each...YMMV) if you took the bonus. You would be trading your chance at an ultra rare drop from a TC for the certainty of getting that material that costs 5000-6000 quarks in 10 months....maybe 9 if you are opening TCs with your free stabilizers as well and taking quarks.

Just saying, it would give a reasonable amount of time to get the quark items if that's what you want....if you prefer to gamble you can do that too.

Reinheld
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1. Please don't derail my thread. This thread's topic is about increasing the amount of Quarks we get from opening time capsules. Your trying to make this thread about Perks when it's not about that. "Give the free player the possiblity to continue their progression by queuing any t4 and up" Good job trying to tie progression into the thread that doesn't talk about it at all.
    2. You wouldn't get a Phoenix Feather lol. That's not what's in the Quarks vendor, it's the Phoenix Mat; not a collection piece. And with my proposal you would have significantly less TC's to open than you would do now in order to get that Phoenix mat even as a Premium player. The math is listed in my original post, but I'll repost it here:
    So as you can see, even as a Premium player; you would be on track to getting your Phoenix Material much faster than you do now. So premiums and F2P benefit off of this idea, it's just that Legendary members will benefit a little bit more.. and that's to be fair.
    Premiums get what they paid for.
    F2P's pay for nothing.
    Legendary Members constantly pay $15 every month.
    Your clearly frustrated about this, but this isn't the thread to talk about perks at full length like your trying to do. If you need to do that, please make another thread.
  20. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Hmmm, I decided to make a new post entirely to explain my previous one. But geesh, you guys are going about this very narrowly. You may not know but I NEVER think or make a statement referring to 1 path. For future scenarios, my comments can lead to many many MANY scenarios.

LOL Ok first i'd like to remind you all that there is many more ways than 1 to win. :) But then again, I think this is all my fault and i'm sorry to all who simply slipped off the deck as they tried to comprehend my comments. I'll try to simplify one of the many ways I meant by WIN. Hopefully it will clear up the confusion for our readers in the future.

What I mean by "Win" must not be dwindled down to the mere motion of killing. In fact, I never guess i'd ever have to clarify this but here goes.

The "WIN" in this scenario would be the completion of such collections and styes. Or in another light, successfully obtaining all items that DCUO's TC's and Quark machine have to offer. Indeed paying will get you there MUCH quicker than running a stabilizer mission everyday. I'll start at step 1.

One of the definitions of WIN is, (to acquire or secure as a result of a contest, conflict, bet, or ENDEAVOR."

Now, one of the definitions of endeavor is, (an attempt to achieve a goal.)

Here are some synonyms of "WIN"

But before I go there I'd like to be thorough so first i'll give the definition of SYNONYM, ( Synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example, Obtain is a synonym of WIN.)

Now, here's a few synonyms for the word WIN.
    Secure, Gain, Achieve, Attain, Earn, Prevail, Succeed, Acquire, Procure, Get, Collect. I only added 12 but there's a total of 467 synonyms for the word "Win" I hope you can see how broad my original post was going when I used the word "WIN."

Another of the very definition of "WIN" is indeed "Success". Now,
    there is a total of 838 synonyms for the word success and WIN is just only one of them.

HOWEVER, if going by Black Prime OG's comment of, "Let me know which style, aura, or material specifically helped you win something in this game."

I could probably name about 30 now that i've clarified my reasoning for using the the word WIN. Heck, you could probably do the same now that you understand what I meant.

But as for his other statement, "I've yet to kill anything with my styles." I don't know what this would have to do with what I was talking about but I'd have to say i'm with you on that one. I've never experienced it either. ;)

Cheers

"DISCLAIMER" If there is still some out there who do not understand, I apologize. I hold zero responsibility over your comprehension skills so sadly I cannot help you on this topic any further than what I attempted so far. Happy gaming tho :)