People on the forums explain these shenanigans

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sweet Daddy, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Sweet Daddy Level 30

:D Why in the world didn't you all tell me rage was so fun and overpowered? I had to make a new main character (Rage!) We can kiss my :( discount Green Lantern goodbye and my Mental (main) goodbye! This is the best leveling that I've experience in the game. :)

PS And yes even my Harley Quinn build is done for now! :( I was kickin' so much azz with that mace! Rage killed it for all my builds now! :(

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Very fun powerset, but pretty much melee for best damage. So people tend to stay away as it's not fotm anymore.

Cute character.
    • Like x 1
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Great power but very limited to being melee when DPS. I prefer the range versatility of other powers a bit more.
    • Like x 3
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, what they all said. It isn't a very viable dps powerset for anything that requires range. Which is almost all elite content. But you can build sort of battle tank spec if you want to try to do elites with it. Tho be mindful of mechanics that need you to seperate.

If you want to see more aoe damage than anyone can imagine, level yourself up a source shard/ quislet/ grim and enjoy. Have never seen numbers in 1st column anywhere near as good as that guys build. Must have been in berserk non stop thanks to all the eog/ quislet super build up.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sweet Daddy Level 30

thinks guys i'll keep these tips in mink im just lvl 26 lol from u all are saying better not get rid of the main lol
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Depends on what you enjoy. Harder endgame, specifically raid, content, melee dps usually results in a dps downed next to the tank. The numbers are really good if you don't die, but it goes in the risk vs reward part. So players will steer away from it for more safer damage powers.

If you want to tank, it's a great powerset, though I really wish they would make the rage cancellers the same cooldown as the dps side. That still bothers me that it's the only tank powerset that doesn't have the ability to do a damage loadout in tank stance.

I'd say play with it and have fun for a while. You are definitely viable to melee in alerts and lower content. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Eog/scrap/quislet. Berserk and nvb. Lacerate, chains, and the puke puddle. Enjoy the insane amount of damage in tank role.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sweet Daddy Level 30

is that the rotation you recommend in tanking?
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh lord no haha. Well, if you want to battle tank or are trying to be survivable in solos/ duos/ some alerts. I can give you my tanking tank loadout if you'd like. But what I listed is what I use to melee elites in tank role. It is not tanking capable tho if you know what I mean. Of you want a mix of dps and tank ability, run tank gear in tank role with dps augs and scrap/eog/quislet and use redirected rage/hard light shield/lacerate/ whirling dervish/ without mercy or rage bringer/ and berserk. Let's you tank while doing decent amount of damage.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

*heh* That both sounds fun and boring at the same time. Why is there so many powersets needing things outside their powerset to be viable?

Anyways, thanks! I'll keep that in mind if I feel rage coming on because I was trying to start a thread that others want to derail. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Absurdly fun melee dps. Great for regular content. It can also range dps, but it feels wrong. Tanking is effective but always felt too restrictive with the modified tank only cooldowns. If the tank cooldowns ever matched the dps side, tanking would be more enjoyable.
    • Like x 3
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm changing my name to Captain Derailment
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

So will it be a con"troll"er power? ;)
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Rage was fun (tanking) before stats revamp. Double immunities, high health with lots of ads, so much fun! Dps sucked as it was dreadful blast and plasma retch.

After that update…bleh. All tanks became the same except for the color. The day my sweet rage toon died. So glad I got uncorrupted before then.