People are going to be pissed tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by BigBabyGeezuz, Apr 22, 2013.

1. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

...when they realize that they don't get any marks after winning the second PVP match on any given map. The regular PVPers are going to use replay badges (myself included) to farm the arena boxes but a lot of people won't. If you don't have money to buy replay badges, or don't WANT to buy replay badges, it's going to be very hard to gear up your characters in a reasonable amount of time. This is going to reduce the amount of people queuing into matches.

I hate to say this, but it makes SOE look very greedy. Not against a company trying to make money selling a product but this seems to be gouging people who have already paid for the game.
    • Like x 21
  2. Radium Devoted Player

Well so far it looks like it'll be easier to gear up then it will when Checkmate came out. Have to check the numbers to be sure though.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

How large is the gear disparity? If those farming boxes on day one get a sizable advantage over those who decide to run it daily (even if both sides are premades), then this will be a problem. You only get marks for winning, and in order to win you need the best gear, to which those who use replays will have it first (essentially preventing regular players from gearing up).

SOE has put themselves into a tricky situation with this new format.
    • Like x 3
  4. Stitch Well-Known Player

One of the developers has commented on how you can finish all tier sets in a season without replay badges
    • Like x 3
  5. Mini Lini Loyal Player

The only BIG difference I noticed was the 3k HP and roughly 400 Toughness difference between Cash - T5 PvP gear...

That was from the DPS gear I seen though, idk the other roles.
  6. petvpets New Player

What ? same deal when last laugh hit then.

However I totally agree with what you said, this is a blantant grab for cash. As I said in another thread it wouldnt have been so bad IF and a big fat IF they did NOT reset the pvp season every 6 months or so (as they said)

So the lastest new tier gear becomes the same as t1. You can bet the first 2 seasons will have the mad pvpers wanting to get to the highest gear possible. After that and having your gear reset and needing to keep remodding, this is going to die in the a ss very quickly. It might mean getting to at least t1-2 or even 3 and then just grind out the rest for the remainder of the season..I havent done the math on current prices for gear /replay badges and rewards from the matches but wasnt it something like 50 bucks onreplay badges to get t4 if you wanted it within a day/week and kept on winning.

I understand full well the game is free to play, but this is just something else.
    • Like x 3
  7. Azrael New Player

no comment on how often the map rotates?

so if i play a map.. win i get marks and i can't play that same map for marks until next week?

what happened to arranged matches?
  8. Mr AFK New Player

its time to find New Game...
    • Like x 7
  9. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Arranged isn't ready yet.

And there is a Daily lockout, and then a weekly box lockout. Just like how there is now for MoS.

Idk how rotations will be yet though..
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Nobody knows the rotation, but its being assumed once a week like on reset day.

You play the match once a day for marks, you get a weekly box though thats obviously only weekly.

Next update.
  11. MockingBird New Player

Someone should have asked how many months without ever losing.
  12. Azrael New Player

oh theres sitll a Daily lockout , so people were complaining about last laugh just because of a weekly reward box lock. thats not bad at all i cant live with that.
  13. Azrael New Player

arranged matching- is going to be awesome for leagues. i see a big bump into making leagues and ppl joining leagues... perfect with DLC 8 being next....if only they could get this whole base business right ::sighs::
  14. Mini Lini Loyal Player

We did but got no reply.

We made guesstimations of about 3-4 months.
  15. MARK2099 New Player

The point is not get top tier, the point is have enough time to get sets for both roles and have enough time to enjoy the gear before next season hit.
    • Like x 3
  16. TheLoneLantern New Player

Well, you can keep running that same map until you win. If you lose the first time, it doesn't mean you're locked out of marks for that day.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Think quoted wrong person xD
    • Like x 1
  18. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

hate to say it but this is exactly the thought i've been dwelling on all day.

last year i replayed my 1st t4 set in less than 2 weeks.
    the second style for my main and then more sets for my alts i all just grinded out.

so, last time it was about 2 weeks with replays or 6 months without...
    i'm just not sure i feel like dropping real cash this time around, so yeah... its gonna be rough.

good news is at least Legends will get you marks for gear this time, so there is some upside.
  19. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

You must be F2P...in that case.....GOODBYE AND THANK GOODNESS! I won't be pissed but still happy happy joy joy.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Um... replayers will find themselves not being able to fight lowbies anyways. The more you win, the higher your rank. So if some league decides to go on a replaying spree, then in the end, they will be at the top... but it will be lonely there. :)
    • Like x 6