Peer Evaluations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Just, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just New Player

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone else thinks this is a necessary step
    • Like x 1
  2. Radium Devoted Player

I regularly get called an ******* by my league, thats all the evaluation I need.
    • Like x 8
  3. xhalur Well-Known Player

Nope.

Noble as this idea may sound in theory, this feature will more than likely just get abused, and there's enough divisions in this community and ways to discriminate against players as it is.
    • Like x 8
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

Necessary step in what? Why do I need strangers evaluating me?
    • Like x 1
  5. Mirai Well-Known Player

You would depend on the honesty and good will of your fellow players?

This path can only lead to despair and madness.
    • Like x 5
  6. Captain Just New Player

A peer evaluation system in game would be terrible, you trust these *$&@* you run into in game to not give you an automatic negative rating even though you don't deserve one?
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

LOL @ "Despair and Madness" - Sadly its true :/

Noome will be honest and you'd get leagues kissing butt and pugs just saying no to even the most valuable team members out of jealousy or spite
    • Like x 1
  8. ADG New Player

The only way to effectively be evaluated is by virtue of everyone having in put and sharing experiences. Not one way, but open communication and consensus. To chop off any further concern for vagueness, concisely written guidelines with zero room for interpretation. And not just in game, but anywhere where we think anyone for any reason may need to be held accountable, no matter what position or rank may be.
    • Like x 1
  9. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Already in game via the ignore option.
    • Like x 6
  10. ADG New Player

Best reply so far.

#Bowstowisdom
    • Like x 2
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I posted this in another thread 100 years ago....I'm still burning from the flames...

Community Reputation Status

An ebay style rating system (yeah, throw some hate on that :eek: )
    Everyone starts with 50 Community Reputation Points... the max.
    End of the instance everyone is rated: (+1) positive, (-1) negative, (0) neutral... in real time, everyone sees all the votes and you can change it based how people rate you. Your overall rating determines who you PUG with.
    Players can specify going into a PUG instance choose from 50-25 pool, 50-0 everyone pool
    You have to be +25 to choose from the 50-25 group though.

So your not moving/ mouthy jerk has these options...
    1) smarten up
    2) Leave without rating
    3) Let the group disband and he potentially takes an 3 or 7 person bad rating into is community reputation.
    This method is actually more punitive than 'vote to kick', but it enforces a code of behavior.

Before you say it will be abused like CR is... Any number of players can rank (most will) in the top end. And if a skilled player throws -1 at less skilled player, the less skilled player can -1 rank him right back... the norm will be a neutral or positive rank. But, if you upset a whole group and don't ask to be excused....you could loose 7 community reputation points at the end of a Raid.

Muahahah! :D < insane laugh, not evil laugh
  12. Enickma Dedicated Player

I would NOT want this playerbase evaluating me.
    • Like x 2
  13. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Presidential ratings are always rough. Hehe ^.^
    • Like x 3
  14. Ice Lantern New Player

You out-DPSed me, therefore you cheated and deserve a negative rating.

I more than doubled your damage in FOS3 with me wearing full traces and you wearing T3's therefore you deserve a negative rating.

A tank shouted for Dox and he got invited to another group first. I sent him a tell to get him to leave the group. He decided not to, he deserves a negative rating.

You took my exobit, you deserve a negative rating.

You have a piece of gear that I've been trying to get. Negative rating.

Let's face it, people with anonymity are petty and this would only be abused.
    • Like x 2
  15. KidMidnight Loyal Player

worlds of no.
  16. Solmes202 Loyal Player

It's a game. Evaluations are for work or school, not games.
    • Like x 1
  17. Twilight Man New Player

Maybe if there was less following and more independent thought in the users of this game. The simplest thing is too easily swayed by the need to 'be liked' or 'accepted' by others.

A simple 'lol' after a poorly spelled unfunny joke can open the flood gates to others hoping to get in some attention points and picking an easy target.

I wouldn't trust these people evaluate anything other than what benefits themselves and their for the moment needs.

...no offense. I'm not as bitter as I sound in this post.
    • Like x 1
  18. Statman New Player

It's a very noble suggestion, but sadly a large portion of our community are not noble.

Many of the reviews would just be "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!" :p
  19. Feenicks New Player

I'm good. My league always evaluates me higher than I deserve, but it's because I make them laugh. And I'm old......respect your elders.
    • Like x 3
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

We just fear your witty puns and fiery might. ^.^
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.