PC Test - GU36: Animation Consistency Pass

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Expect a letter from my attorney. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. SavageArms New Player

The animation for RumbleCrush isn't working right. The rock and hands picking it up are raising at different speeds.
  3. Drakonicus New Player

I have suggestion/question for the Devs and the people who have a better handle on the powers that i do. How do you guys feel, about changing the animation time of Fan, Plasma Retch and Fear Gas, to something like Vortex Cannon ?. I am not talking damage or knock down here, just animation time.
    • Like x 5
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, the hands raise before the rock. Looks weird.
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

Ok so after changing my weapon from Rifle to DW (just randomly choosing for no special reason other than testing), I found that indeed Rifle is causing issues to the HL combos, hopefully once they get fixed it would be a viable weapon (even with it's changes). I'm able to do almost any type of HL combo with no problems right now, even JC (if we can still call it that anyway) is a bit faster without the rifle due to it's issues. One thing I still believe should be done is give back a tap range shot to Fan like it had when JC was still used, it doesn't have to be instant or something that can cancel it, but if at least once you activate fan you tap range again it could shot a range shot from any weapon you had on, or you could give fan a tap range combo, like I've said (and many others) Fan is just useless on it's own now that you can't JC it like before, and it's only combo is for Claw which makes it dangerous for bosses that require range attacks, it just takes too long for a single click attack.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I played with Earth a little bit and why is there a wind up for Jackhammer? Please tell me this is a bug like with Light.

It doesn't have that delay with the aftershocks, but the tray power is horrible. It's hard to do your dmgA as a tank. Going to block after an aftershock is fine, but you can't get to the single one you need easy. Either you miss your cue or you do too many trying to get it right. This needs to be looked at as it is very breaking for an Earth Tank.

Also Rumble Crush... LOL
    • Like x 5
  7. Drakonicus New Player

Ted Kord look mad in that video...
    Edit: Cheese it, Ted !
    • Like x 1
  8. KeT New Player

Here's what I think:

Earth: it got even worse. Too slow for the amount of damage, now with the splitting jackhammer is almost useless I may say.

Rage: so Plasma retch is a bit slower but not that big of a deal, what's a big deal is Dreadful blast , by itself it doest do that much damge you need plasma retch to go CABOOOOM, and with how slow it is I need to do plasma retch everytime now instead of one plasma retch every 2 dredful blast and this I don't like. It is almost useless because with the buffs that rage has using dreadfull blast as slow as it is in this update is almost foolish, you can deal more damage with hand blasters doing the ranged hit 2 times instead of one dreadfull blast.

Light: everything with light is wrong now literally just leave light alone leave it as it is.

Gadget: same as light don't change it leave it as it is.

Celestial: not that big of a difference, I can live with that.

In general I'm not happy with these changes, there completely throw equilibrium in the trash, for the dps to be equilibrated there was just a need to revamp earth and electricity, nothing else.
    • Like x 1
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

They are aware of the Jackhammer issue. Pretty sure the wind up is intended, as part of the animation timing standardization. I think the only way to fix it is to eliminate the need for aftershocks to get absorption. The Rumblecrush animation has also been brought up.
    • Like x 2
  10. rododododo New Player

The 2nd combo of dreadful blast should speeded up a little bit, no need to be as fast it is on live today but the second part is slow motion, like the character is trying to lift 1ton.
  11. SnagyAtom Level 30

I would ask this though for the fans of DC movies and such and probably the main reason why anyone played this game, who would enjoy watching the superheroes if they were as slow as they are now, e.t.c Green Lanterns, I don't think the way you are moving away from the content you base the game on is pushing people away very fast. We want that intense experience, we don't want your own version of how you want them to be like, make the speed of powers as close to the original content as possible!

"LOGIC and FACTS didn't seem to get through to them :( "
    • Like x 1
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think the goal is to force us to use Outrage, Dreadful blast, and be enraged to get the best damage results. No more can people spam dreadful blast for easy damage. high risk high reward
    • Like x 2
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I also want to say I was disgusted with this. So disgusted I began testing rage and fire instead of Earth. I literally Laughed out loud when I tested Jackhammer. Dev's please return that to normal. You guys basically gave earth a cast time...WHeres my 60% modifier ? Good Job on Upheaval though. It might be useful now.
    • Like x 1
  14. spord Developer

All super power animation times are going to fit in the 1-1.2 second range. We understand that Jackhammer feels bad right now and are working on a new animation to help with that part. We are compiling feedback on earth as a whole right now and are taking into account that this now takes twice as long to get your absorption as a tank.
    • Like x 15
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Thank you for the clarification , Spord.
  16. KeT New Player

I do that all the time but what I meant is that it's just a pointless change.
  17. Black Star New Player

Just got to test (finally) and noticed that with Quantum. I'm not sure why the animation is longer and locked (can't seem to clip) on Gravity Bomb and Singularity. Were these powers OP somehow? Quantum is not a very clip heavy power, and definitely doesn't need to go any slower. Please check this.
    • Like x 4
  18. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Can you do a light fix to Mental's Mass Levitation? I just seen the update notes ·Ballistic Assault, Spike Quake, and Chompers will now add the Dazed power interaction to enemies·

Mental's Mass Levitation is currently the only Cast time/AoE power that is also a PI setup, All cast powers that are damage other than Mass Lev, uses a PI, not set one up. Mental really got screwed here during its revamp. So can this be changed into a None-Vulnerable to Interrupt, 50% Damage magnifier move and (Maybe add Damage Over Time) have its Animation cast lowered to the 1-1.2 second range to bring it inline with other AoE PI setup powers like Sorcery's Shard Of Life please?
  19. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Hi, Spord.

Some problem i noticed, and i hope is not a joke :D, fireball animation is like.. really long.

Check the mark @1.42, wasn´t like this before, it takes now as much as inferno to be casted.

Also, on the video you can see how backdraft is still slow, when it´s supposed to be faster. I recommend use the animation that is used with backdraft when brawling is equipped, and tweak it.

Inmolation, Enflame and inferno are still slow. What worries me, is if they stay slow and whenever the damage review happens, it won´t be balanced properly.

Also, i don´t understand why detonate was slowed. Is already hitting kinda low in live server. There is a bug on detonate when sometimes it triggers twice (live server) and mess with the rotation, i´ll check if this bug is present on test server.
    • Like x 3
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Was messing with Hardlight after today's update and am wondering about the animation locks that happen after an enemy is down and no other target is available. Sometimes the player toon will hold a pose to continue through the the full animation time. It looks odd, but that's fine. With Gadgets Photon Blast the beam stay active even if there is no target. The player can actually move the PB beam onto a new target after the original goes down.
    I was wondering if the HL constructs should be remaining visible until after the animation finishes or the combo transitions?
    For example, Light Blast, like photon blast, can be moved to a new target - it could be helpful to leave that beam visible too?