PC Test Game Update 51

Discussion in 'Public Test Update Notes' started by Mepps, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 51

Titles

With Game Update 51, we are introducing Titles to the game! Titles are a great way to display your accomplishments, or just your personality. You can obtain Titles by completing specific feats in game. Feats that grant titles are denoted by a yellow ribbon in the Feats Menu. To set what title to display on your character, go into your Style Menu and click on the Titles tab. You can also control whether you see titles on other players by going into the Settings Menu, and clicking on the UI tab.

Legends PvE: Hall of Doom Armory

The newest installment of Legends PvE is now available! Players can test their skills by creating unique teams of iconic DC Legends characters and entering the Hall of Doom’s lethal Armory! Discover what has awoken dormant weapons inside the Armory that threaten our extinction!

Players will be rewarded with Marks of Legend for defeating all the bosses and completing the instance – each boss will drop at least one Mark. Players will also be able to earn feat points by completing the achievements in the event itself. Look for Hall of Doom Armory in the Legends PVE section of the Feats menu.

To queue for the event, just look for Legends: Hall of Doom Armory under the Events tab in the On Duty menu!
    • Like x 5
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

PCTEST ONLY
    • Equipment Supplier 151617 now has gear for purchase.

Animation
    • The Staff idle animation has been updated so that the staff will not interpenetrate the player’s leg.

Audio
    • Earth Powers
    o Changed the sound effect on Reinforce so that it was gender-consistent with the Crystal pet.
    o Changed the Earth power transfer sound effect so that it didn’t feel quite so loud.

Powers
    • Rage
    o Power regeneration mechanics for Rage have been updated. This now applies a regeneration effect rather than an instant power return.
    o Increased the damage of the Rage Combo versions of the following attacks:
     Eviscerating Chain
     Outrage
     Dreadful Blast
     Frenzy
     Revenge
    • Celestial
    o Power regeneration mechanics for Celestial have been updated. This now applies a regeneration effect rather than an instant power return.
    o Reduced the Power cost of Divine Light.
    o Reduced the Power cost of Plague.
    • Quantum
    o Power regeneration mechanics for Quantum have been updated. This now applies a regeneration effect rather than an instant power return. The power regeneration effect is applied as the abilities are used rather than all at once when Time Bomb explodes.
    o Gravitonic Field now benefits from Quantum's Power regeneration mechanic.
    • Munitions
    o Power regeneration mechanics for Munitions have been updated and now apply a regeneration effect rather than instant power.

Styles
    • The Focused Neophyte's Longbow will no longer clip with player hands when equipped.
    • The Alumni's Jacket for Acrobat body types had an issue around the hands where it would flicker on and off. We removed some additional geometry from the asset that did not need to be around the hand to eliminate the issue.
    • On the Marketplace Fishnet Pants a setting in the material was not allowing players to reach an absolute black, but rather a dark blue. Changed a setting in the material that now allows players to reach an absolute black value.

Summer Seasonal
    • The Atlantean Ships have moved out of the harbor until next year.

Tutorial
    • Subtitles have been added and updated for all Mentors when exiting the Tutorial mission.
    • Like x 5
  3. Pumpkie Active Player

I tested Rage dps but I didnt see a good damage buff on rage it needs more buff. I m hitting the same amount of damage. And Can you fix celestial's Cursed idol it hits as dots damage and we are dying coz of reflections of bosses while cursed idol is used( even before reflection) and there is no even a canceller of cursed idol...
  4. Ergotth Committed Player

so now the gravitonic field is part of the Time Bomb mechanic?
    Also, could you guys make the cooldown of divine light equal to plague? This way the rotations can work either way. (hint: you can use plague combo twice before Annoint is over, and between one plague and another, you can do a single combo, so basically: annoint > plague > random combo > plague.)
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

Devs, could you make it so we can see our title on the health bar, next or under our name.
  7. Konialis Well-Known Player

I just did the new duo on test with a quantum partner while using rage only melee outrage->frenzy->plasma retch, and while using chain for finisher and relenless anger in bosses. Also when bosses where blocking only then did i use rage blast. He used his quantum AM and once in every boss orb.strike (i didn't have orb.strike with me).
    Our dmg out difference was only 6k and i was only interrupted by the first and second boss, hawkgirl we killed in like 20 secs so she probably didn't have time to interrupt me. I am not a good comboer and yet i managed to reach 1.336k dmg with rage even if it was just a duo. That makes the dmg buff of rage's melee combos pretty good. As for power regen i think it actually fits rage more given that if you screw up a combo then you still have the regen from the previous one still going therefore gives you extra leeway to start up your am again.

Let's not forget however that this was simply a duo i have no idea how rage plays in raids yet.
  8. Konialis Well-Known Player

Also forgot to say the last hit of frenzy did 17k crit and while hitting plasma burned boss hit 21k. I think that frenzy has officialy become a staple in all rage melee dps loadouts with this update.
  9. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Anyone can tell if the titles are optional and Can I not get it if I dont want it? Also is quantum update a good thing a bad thing? I hope someone answers thanks
  10. Blackedout New Player

Well, I play a quantum dps as my strongest on live, and just tested it on test, and I can say that I had less power issues on test than on live, the power return being tied to each power activation make you less susceptible to becoming power starved and the damage seemed similar, though my live and test gear was too disparate to be sure. Also in case anyone wants to know if I just used the dummies that fill your power, my testing included a run of the duo alongside a rage dps and just being a quantum blasting powers off into thin air, which does still leave your power full.
  11. mr-sinister30 New Player

like last time id suggest a more survivability approach for rage if ya want us to melee stuff

how about the remoreless recovery power, aswell as giving health back for damage out how about it also gives something like a 20% decrease in damage recieved, would give us more of a chance to survive tose one shot kills
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

The quantum power changes do keep your bar full at almost all times. I ran with it on several instances and never once dropped below 80% power.
  13. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

Just going to go ahead and post my two cents about the rage range dps again... still not on par with other DECENT dps powers. For fire (yes, I know, it's OP) I'm hitting 750k on live, and with a toon with the same skill points, gear, and mods (except precision instead of might), I'm hitting for barely 400k. I'm not asking for an OP range loadout to go along with rage's previously existing OP melee loadout, but I don't believe a bit more damage would hurt :) I should be doing 550-600k at least with my 5000+ prec, in my opinion.
  14. Hemmy Committed Player

I'm hoping the hotfix comes soon so I can test out gravity well in a quantum rotation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.