PC Test Feedback: Player Rewards Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Tunso Developer

This thread is for feedback and discussions of various loot improvements in Game Update 31. Specifics are outlined below:

• Players that defeat a boss or sub-boss will get their own loot that is separate from other players’ loot, meaning players will instantly receive their loot and will no longer roll against other players. This includes items that are not guaranteed to always drop such as Research and Development plans or Utility Belts. Some players may receive these items from a boss, while others might not. It is important to note that items dropped from regular non-boss NPCs are not included in these changes, and will be rolled on by the group as they did previously.
    • Races now only award experience for Platinum awards.
    • Research and Development introduction plan items are now level 8.
    Marks of Triumph and other new rewards are now awarded for completing a variety of leveling content. Completing the last missions of an episode now awards a Mark of Triumph and a sample marketplace consumable item in addition to its regular rewards. Exceptions to this are:
    • Watchtower and Hall of Doom Tours now award a case of 5 Marks of Triumph.
    • Completing the first mentor mission featuring Superman vs. Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman vs. Circe or Batman vs. the Joker, now awards a case of 5 Marks of Triumph and a sample marketplace consumable item in addition to its regular rewards.
    • "Religion of Crime" mission line now awards a case of 5 Marks of Triumph and a sample marketplace consumable item in addition to any other rewards.
    • Completing the final mentor mission finale awards a case of 10 Mark of Triumph and a sample marketplace consumable item.
    • Like x 4
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Has the new loot system been implemented across all difficulty tiers?
  3. BumblingB I got better.

This is a very interesting question, when you are leveling with someone else and you fight bosses that drop loot, is it intended to have to role on that gear too? As that gear can help both players when doing it. I understand that all queued instanced based drops are personal loot, love that, but I think this makes it a little bothersome when you are leveling and kind of forces you to want to play solo until you queue. I remember having loot issues with my friend when I first started the game with him, I thus learn about just passing or hitting greed, but back then I didn't understand the concept.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Finished my first story line last night and saw the rewards and seeing I got a Radar Enhancer was really cool. Will be VERY useful getting those Exobits while leveling. Loved it.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Radar Enhancer is for Collections. RnD Scanner is for Exobits. :) You also get EXP Booster in a slightly higher quest.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Show i really never use them lol
  7. Tunso Developer

Yes the bosses for all group content, duos and above, at all levels now uses the new loot system. So even low level alerts like Area 51 and Gorilla Island.
    • Like x 4
  8. OmegaHero New Player

Really liking the mots you are rewarded from side missions and others. The new loot items added to some like the exp boost R&D scanners and so on do help some as well and thanks for adding them.

Only issue I dont like is not knowing I completed a mission like before I would open my quest log and look now I dont even realize I have completed the side missions.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

So, these rewards we get that are previews from the marketplace aren't stackable? I can kind of get them not being account bound, you want the benefits to that individual character, but them not stacking makes it difficult to use when you want them to. If possible, can you make these stack?
    • Like x 1
  10. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Proto-Repair Bot seems to be a very high level reward - can't see the missions past Aquaman, but it's a reward on a level 30 mission for completing all of the duos. However, the repair bot would be most useful when people are in the open world, far away from repair vendors. It would make more sense to have this as an earlier reward, as when people hit 30 they lose a lot of the need for it. There's been a couple of times when leveling I wanted to use a repair bot but we hadn't been given one - in instances, you can just go back to the beginning.
  11. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I can see a possible reason for these not stacking. Most of us active in the testing have been around for a while. We know what these rewards are, we've probably used them. We know that you pop one and it stays active for a set amount of time and you go from there. Those leveling toons for the first time (which is whom this is largely catered to I believe) would be completely unfamiliar with the item. Yes, the tooltip is descriptive, but I imagine and issue would be that people would equip them immediately (in their one trinket/consumable slot as they shouldn't have utility belts yet) and activate it. If they stacked like soders...they would probably activate it until the stack was gone and then be unaware they wasted anything. I would say don't stack them.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, but only the booster juice box, mailbox and repair bot goes into your consumable. The rest are activated in your inventory. So what you are saying that they would be wasted no matter what, so it doesn't matter to stack. I don't think that's a good idea.
  13. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Ah, I have been schooled. Never used a radar so I didn't know they activated in your inventory. The only issue then is whether or not you can activate one at a time from your inventory. Do they stack on live?
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Everything you buy off the marketplace stacks except for respec tokens and styles for obvious reasons.
  15. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I would prefer them stacking.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

*Receives Proto-Mail bot as a reward*
    Me: Something like this actually exists?
    *Signs on to Live and checks the Marketplace*
    Me: I guess it does. I've never seen anyone use one before.

It would be nice if these rewards stacked. These rewards can definitely eat up a lot of inventory space.
    • Like x 1
  17. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Question:

Currently, groups running content in the open world are required to roll whenever someone finds a collection node. Since this is due to no one else's effort but the person who did the collecting, and is rather bothersome to figure out whose stuff is appearing in the loot window, would it be possible to make collections drop only to the collector? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it seems topical.
  18. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I'm not getting anything in the mail attachments for collections/briefings. So I left the last 2 unopened. Bug?
  19. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Thus far level at 16, leveling solo.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

One problem with the new streamlined system is that you don't have enough renown at level 30 to buy the 1 MoT gear from your faction vendors. Even using the Renown pack I got from the final mission reward, I'm still a ways off from being able to buy Zonewalker gear. I usually buy that gear when I'm a fresh level 30.

I had enough Mark of Triumph to purchase two pieces of T1 as a fresh level 30, but I'd rather fill out my equipment with Zonewalker first and then upgrade to T1.
    • Like x 4