PC Players, Double Station Cash is the New Black (Friday)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

This is an award we pc players get for having to deal with being shorted on content because the ps3 can't handle anything else.
    • Like x 1
  2. Melaina New Player

Why no love for the loyal PlayStation subscribers?
    • Like x 4
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Bogus excuses. They always come up with more lies. B4 they said ps3 couldn't have more powers. Now they can free up memory for 3 more. It's not even memory they use. It's the hard drive. Most problems can b solved with an ssd for ps3 and ps4. The other problems r design. Problem is, most people don't have an ssd in there ps3 or ps4 as they don't come that way stock. Reward for lack of content. P.C. always has more frequent and always better rewards.
    • Like x 3
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

lol Hard drive space. Ok bud. I hope you are aware that hard drive space has nothing to do with the memory limitations of the ps3.

You can have a 5 terabyte SSD and the ps3 would still have memory limitations. It's what the system can handle. Not the the hard drive.
    • Like x 1
  5. Impulsively Committed Player

I'm confused. Did Christmas come early this year? :D

Base Builders and now this? YES thanks SOE!
  6. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Yeah the PS3 has what, 512K of memory (256 MB system and 256 MB video), compared to most computers and the PS4 with 8GB. Now tell me how memory wouldn't be a problem... no matter how fast the SSD, it still bottlenecks at the tiny amount of memory. At least with PC and PS4, it can store data in the huge amount of memory space to access without having to read from HDD constantly.
  7. WayneEnthusiast New Player

No love whatsoever for playstation...and I was about to buy mc this morning too, in preparation for tonight. Oh well maybe next year then.
  8. TainanCroft New Player

I wonder when it will be again promoting DLC on Steam? Holiday sale?
  9. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Wait, PS Players get nothing on black friday?
    Bummmer! :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Ivar New Player

Now that´s a proper sale. Let´s just hope your frikken payment backend doesn´t crap out again.
  11. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Do research. The games use the hard drive as a memory. There r posts on how an ssd can b better on a ps3 than a stock ps4. The ps3 will b a lot better just upgrading the 5400 oem drive to a 7200 even. The game makers had to use the hard drives. U would think the memory would b used like a computer (more true of disc based games), however it is not exactly. The slow speed of 5400 hard drive is the issue. It has been proven.
  12. KN1TE Dedicated Player

It would b true if the architecture was setup to work like a computer. All games use the hard drive as a memory. That is why hard drives have a built in memory more so now. The game stores all info on the hard drive. I have done research on this and u can even search ssd in the forums. The ps4 is minimal in it's upgraded specs. The game is 720p. The original 5400 ps3 hard drives r slow. The ps4 oem hard drives r not much better. Developers had to use hardrives with mmo's as memory as u would cache out the memory right away. It is still the case with ps4. The hard drive is the memory. That is why an ssd becomes even faster over time. Anyways, we should get back on topic...the ps4 is a shafts of an upgrade from the ps3, the 400.00 it costs is not worth the slight difference in performance for this game. And the short stick goes to p.s. players again. Hopefully they're is some free legendary some time soon like last year.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I can kind of understand the PS players on this. I was *pretty* sure when Marketplace Cash was introduced that Mepps (or someone else official) said that that would make it possible for them to offer the same kind of sales that they offered PC players on SC.
    • Like x 1
  14. Delta795 New Player

Why even post this crap Mepps? Nothing like enciting a hate fest from your PS player base.
    • Like x 1
  15. D4rkB0w Active Player

Why I don't have Steam wallet as payment method anymore? Did they removed it or its some kind of bug?
  16. Dr Manhattan New Player

I have a question I'm been playing dcuo since it first started then stopped now I'm looking to play dcuo again on ps4 but not a member yet is there going to be a sale for membership this Friday (tomorrow) 2014 if so I'll become a member tomorrow who could I ask?
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You can ask anybody you want, but you probably won't get an answer. They usually do not announce sales in advance.
  18. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

There may be a membership promo by mid-December. Try the Live Chat on the main site for questions.
  19. Ivar New Player

Planetside2 has the same announcement.
    I recently installed it just to load up this SOE account with SC payed through my Steam Wallet.
    Guess what, Planetside2 has no problem accessing the Steam Wallet .. is it Friday yet? ;)
  20. Dr Manhattan New Player

Ok thanks guys I will become a member today I was waiting for sale special but it kool loke it ain't happening lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.