[PC] Leagues - Are they even worth joining?

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Solarstar, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Solarstar New Player

Over the course of two months, I've felt ostracized and felt like I didn't fit in with the new League I recently left because of this.

Maybe it's just me and my anti-social nature or what.. I don't know, but at this point, I feel that it's just not worth being in a League because you either have to deal with the drama, get ostracized or just feel left out due to the veteran League members remaining cliquish.

All I'm looking for is a friendly, casual League that Raids, does Alerts and such and feat runs for Styles, etc.; and yet all I get is the latter.

I don't know anymore folks... maybe I need convincing that there's a League out there that's not leaving people out, ostracizing or cliquish... or something.

At this point, I'm at my wits end.

I'm on the USPC Hero Side if that helps.
  2. Vagrant Committed Player

Don't get discouraged just because you joined a few bad leagues. I am in a league where most of the members have become my best friends. Keep looking a league is definitely one of the more fun social aspets of the game especially when DLC 8 drops.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lakhesis Active Player

That'll be difficult, every league has their cliques, mostly due to people being in a league for a longer time that you have.

I believe that for you to work out in a league, you have to let go of your anti-social nature a bit, I'm like that, but there are times and places where you gotta socialize, even if a bit. Being in a league is one of them.
  4. WonderValkyrie New Player

I feel the same way TC, alot of the ps3 leagues are terrible. Most are tight-knit already established that treat newcomers like ghosts. I have gotten alot more done solo
  5. Youthanasia New Player

Don't get discouraged the good leagues are out there, mine for instance is very friendly to newcomers. We recently just welcomed somebody to the league and everybody loves him, in my opinion the best leagues will find you. My league leader found me in CC one day and asked me if i wanted to join, I had to talk to him for an hour to make sure i fit in, and it worked out. You should never join a league that invites immediately after a application. The best leagues will want to talk to you and get to know you before they even send an invite. My rule of thumb when recruiting, if i have a good long conversation with somebody they will probably fit in very well. Also you have to be careful of those 100+ leagues, they are not close at all and none of their members even play with each other. For example I see the Last Kryptonians PUGing constantly. Keep at it and good luck.
  6. Green Comet New Player

Im sure there is a league out there for you and i hope you find one soon. I can honestly say that i think being in a league is the best part of dcuo. Forming friendships can be hard at first but give it a chance and im sure you will find a good fit for you. Other than that i will say have a look at the league i co-founded CoJ you are very welcome to get in touch and see if we are a league that can help you out.

www.cojdcuo.com
  7. Solarstar New Player

Believe me, I try to but each time it never fails. I've been playing since Beta.

I left my first league after the drama ensued by resigning as Leader and leaving (... yes, I do know how to run a League). The second league I joined... I left due to their clique ways. The third league I joined went well until someone had a hissy fit, then I got ostracized and got left out because of it; and what, a month or so later I leave my current league due to feeling left out from their clique ways and it made me feel ostracized. All of this in a two year time frame I might add.
  8. Solarstar New Player

If anyone wants to contact me IG or on here you can.

Template borrowed from here: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo...ing-for-a-league-use-this-handy-template.103/
    CHARACTER NAME(S): Solarstar | Lady Celestia | Magnastone
    LEVEL(S): 30 - all three
    FACTION: PC Hero Side
    POWER SET AND PRIMARY ROLE: Solarstar (Fire DPS atm until the day GU 23 comes out) | Lady Celestia (Mental Controller) | Magnastone (Earth Tank)
    SKILL POINTS: Solarstar (97 Skill Points) | Lady Celestia (67 Skill Points) | Magnastone (32-34 Skill Points)
    COMBAT RATING: Solarstar (CR 88) | Lady Celestia (CR 83) | Magnastone (CR 33+)
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED DCUO?: Since Beta
    LOCATION/TIME ZONE: NY (EST)
    HOURS OF PLAY: Sometimes morning hours, mainly evening hours
    WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM A LEAGUE, AND WHAT CAN YOU OFFER?: A friendly, casual League that Raids, does Alerts and such and feat runs for Styles, etc. Experience.
  9. Impact Prime New Player

Drama in leagues is a drag. There first few leagues I was in ended up disbanding, rellocating or splitting due to drama. Although, I ran mostly with the few that were always at the centre of it. Moving with people who are so often the cause of drama will just lead you to another episode at some point down the line. Once you find a league that doesn't have it, there might be the occasional bout, but aside from that your drama troubles will be over.
    As for members sticking together, you can't do much about that. Some people become good friends and want to run everything as the same group. It may seem unfair to those who don't get a spot, but they aren't doing anything wrong. This issue is common in smaller leagues where a bunch have been there the longest, meaning have known each other the longest. The combat this it's either get social so you can join their circle, run with them a few times and demonstrate exceptional ability at your role so that they call on you in future, join really early before they have enough frequent players to form a permanent group, or stick it out for a looooooong time until you get invited often enough to find yourself 'one of the gang' by default. Or, just join a larger league where there's always enough people to form multiple groups at the same time, and if you're lucky those people will also be a friendly bunch and offer to run stuff locked either for fun or just to help.

Once you find a good league, you'll be glad you didn't stay solo. It'll be like.. when you pugged, you just completed some content, but when you run with your league mates, you're playing the game.
  10. Solarstar New Player

I've been in every imaginably sized league... the same issues just keep happening in one form or another to me.
  11. Kroye Loyal Player

All leagues are not equal. Don't give up. A good league definitely makes the game more enjoyable.
  12. Black Bat Active Player

Solarstar,
    I'm with you on some points. There really isn't a reason to join a league except for a direct resource of people to help, receive help, and chat with. I'm hoping that the next DLC for leagues will have more of a incentive and reason to be in a league.

I can't stand drama myself, or cliques, elitism, imaturity - the list can go on.

BUT with all that said I have started a league to foster a more friendly, mature, helpful atmosphere - Bat Inc. - and what you describe is what I want to have. So, if you would like, you're more than welcome to give us a try.
  13. Failia New Player

I won't lie. It's difficult to find a league that won't have some kind of drama or clique in it.

I had been playing DCUO for quite a few months until I found my current home. I had applied to a few of them but because they were going through some restructuring or other internal dilemas, I wasn't invited.

In the end I end up applying to a league I was not expecting to at all since I thought it was a female only league. Wasn't until I went to their website that I learned it was simply female character only. I've been a member ever since and enjoy my time here. And I only looked at Justice Girls because of the friendly attitude I met when I teamed with a member during an alert. Many thanks for that, Crimson Sparkle =)

I'm not going to preach saying that we're the best league you need for what you're looking for as that is for you to decide. But, if you want a new home (and I notice some of your characters are likely female), give us a try. Our recruitment thread is in these forums.

Thanks!
  14. Tenacious Blue New Player

A bit of a blunt question, but are you talking to anyone outside of running content? Like actually getting to know people beyond their role in a group. Jumping on voice chat and talking when you're running content, even if it's just an Alert, helps a ton. It's been my experience that 'friendly' leagues are just lists of polite people who pug together sometimes. That works for some people but if you want a league to really work well you've got to actually make friends you enjoy playing with (rather than just seeing it as a way to raid).
  15. CTEN Well-Known Player

Heroside >.>
    Looks like most of your toons are female.
    Try justice Girls as some one already mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  16. Nivho Active Player

I was lucky. U was getting frustrated because most of the leagues that I was seeing were too hard-core for me. I didn't want to feel like I was being forced into raiding or obligated to play a certain number of hours each week.

I enjoy playing the game for fun, casually, so I really lucked out with SilverAge Heroes - they're (we're) a league that has some hard-core folks but mostly has casual folks like me. That means that there is usually someone on running something and someone around to help, should I need it. We've only been with SilverAge a few weeks and love it.

The husband and I tend to mostly duo when we're on during the weeknights but we enjoy doing the 4-man content too and just have to give a shout in the league channel to find someone to join in. I'm not much of a large raid type person (not as enjoyable for me) but the league does raid and I've even had fun doing it. As I said, I'm new to SilverAge but there are raids a couple times a week, usually because someone wants to run one and takes the initiative to put it together with the folks who are online (no pre-done raiding schedules although they tend to be Fri/Sat).

If it doesn't sound too causal for you, let me know. Shoot me a pm or msg in-game.

Laura Hope, Lv 30 Sorc/Heal, CR 66, SP 48
    SilverAge Heroes