Pay to win? yes

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by FruityLoop, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You could tap spam with atro all the way to victory. Which most of the other contestents will be doing anyway.
    You can easily bet money that most of the players will be Atro,Cat,Lex,Bane or Supergirl.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

See, part of me wants to see you win with the worst characters in the game, and another part of me really wants to see you use your best characters with no lag... decisions decisions...
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

1500$ on the line. He should just bring a piece of paper of the thread he wrote and just start reading it out loud every time he gets a kill.
    • Like x 1
  4. FruityLoop New Player

Credibility and evidence? yeah right.
    Give me some time and i'll make a "****** people" proof video.

Oh yea watch this video.
    That's me in the black suit

See how that guy with better gear is owning me and i'm not doing any damage to him while i'm spamming everything..funny thing is he is talking **** thinking he is a pro beating down people that have 3 day experience and t1 gear.

Have fun
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Go for it. Until then the point still stands as I've provided a few links disproving what you're saying and you're simply yelling at anyone who disagrees with you.

But seriously do it, I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.
    • Like x 1
  6. FruityLoop New Player

Someone talked about i'm posting this for my interest? do you hear yourself? can you read? I don't think so.
    I said many times that i'm premium hence it's not my interest.
  7. winter13 New Player

A lock on this thread is long overdue
    • Like x 3
  8. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Heres a tip....stick to legends until you get better gear....then head to areanas.

BTW, that video you showed (which not seeing how that proves anything) he should be beating you since he has better gear. The person spent more effort into his character so he should be kicking your ###. Also just spend 5 dollars. Problem solved. It is not pay to win. Far from it. You have the option to either A: head into areanas with cash gear and get your butt kicked OR B: stick to legends where you can actually have a shot at winning.
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

My points had nothing to do with the gear outside the reach of free to play players being better. Anyone who tries to state otherwise is an imbecile so that I agree with you on. Obviously it's possible to beat a player in better gear through skill, but that's not the subject we're on now.

However my points (which goes to show that you did not in any way read the links provided) simply proved that the game's current model is continuing to attract new players and is doing well. So I was simply disproving your statements that the current system is not good for the games survivability. Which is why I had asked you to prove something about your statement there as it is completely unfounded and blatantly false.

But if we're going to talk about PvP you really need to work on getting better with counter mechanics as that was sort of... bad.
    • Like x 2
  10. Grumpy Dedicated Player

The fact that he has better gear is entirely your fault and not the game's. You already said that you are PREMIUM, therefore you are ABLE to get to 90 PVP CR without having to worry about the cash cap since none of the T1-T5 pvp stuff exceed 2000 iirc. You don't want to get killed by overgeared players and you claim to be more skilled than most(if not all)of them? Go play legends and prove it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

No offense but you are pretty bad in that video. You were simply tapping HB. Not a single combo...
    • Like x 2
  12. GammaGreenLantern New Player

This is such a laughable post.....no one here is trying to push players away but if people telling you that you're acting like a self entitled child that thinks companies should spend millions to create games and then give them away for free, pushes you away....well sucks and to be honest I personally would never want to talk to or play with you in game.....
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

There were a few combos in there, hence why he kept getting countered :p
    • Like x 1
  14. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Only worth to be a Legendary in this game. Or are you prefer to be limited?
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Yea, the rage was pretty bad too. If the OP knew how to use combos and how to properly interrupt, block and how to force a ragecrash he could have easily won.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I think that was besides the point by him showing the video, but yea both were on the down low side.
    • Like x 1
  17. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

In the words of George W. Bush, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
  18. DC-Doll New Player

Exactly. The only advantage he'd have for being "Pay2win" would be the skill points he'd get from dlc and even that is stretching it. You can get top gear in pvp and most legends toons without spending a penny. Heck, you know how many times I've kicked butt with Robin in legends? Quite a bit. Practice dude. Just practice. If you're losing in arenas, good. Practice in legends, get skill points, get gear and come back. It's a common experience.
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

I'm surprised anyone is in favor of having pvp gear above 1500. Faster pvp queues is pretty much the only benefit to having ftp players around.
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Gear level has no direct impact on queue times currently as it's determined by win/loss ratio.

Though I do agree about the cash cap thing. Cash in general doesn't serve a main purpose in this game other than broker fees. Really I'm surprised the developers are still charging in game cash for armor and weapons when the relevant marks are the difficult/tedious thing to get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.