Paradox Wave (Raid) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Hjal, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristyana New Player

I haven't gotten past the miniboss at the end of the tunnel that shoots out the 40k damage oneshot yet.

I'm not asking to nerf the damage because it's awesome, but the camera can act a little funky not to mention the fact that this is the only raid where the floors and ceilings move. It's a very trippy effect that can make it hard to pick up on some visual cues.

Can you tweak this attack so it becomes either a lot more obvious he's about to fire it, or slow down the projectile so players have a better chance of getting out of the way? Unless there's something I'm missing in the mechanics, nothing is supposed to get hit by that attack, not even the tank.
  2. Spytle Executive Creative Director

This was being addressed already. As Deadmeat stated in a Repair Bot Thread, we are adding them in. I already knew that was going to end up being the case and wanted to keep the feedback on topic because I knew that would become the dominant comment. Let's carry on.
    • Like x 4
  3. Magmaflash Well-Known Player

Spytle, I say nice work all the way around. Like I mentioned just curious about trash mobs, IE future rare drops or anything.
    I think everyone is getting way ahead judging content, but I do agree with Kristyana about the mechanics. Are these suppose to be somewhat readable, also I think majority of players experienced a great deal of lag the first night.
    We were all like a kid with a shiny new toy.
    :)

Look forward to any feedback!
    • Like x 1
  4. DizzyKraken Developer

Yup it should be readable. The Paradox Warrior does create some energy spheres that are fairly slow moving - when you see the red chevron. Those should be avoided at all cost :)

But maybe the lag on the Test server was causing warning issues. If you guys run into the issue again please let me know.

-DK
  5. Grid Ion Committed Player

Havent been able to get past the mini boss. I am so digging this difficulty :D Got hit for 41k yesterday by the boss and I was like WOW ! Best DLC ever ! Well done Devs !!
  6. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Primal Batman's dead body will block the balls the Paradox Warrior throws out. This has the side effect of making him more useful when dead than alive.
    • Like x 11
  7. Kristyana New Player

About time an Iconic was useful in a raid.
    • Like x 6
  8. FrostCrescent Well-Known Player

Lol. That comment made my day.
    • Like x 2
  9. uXix Committed Player

Why are there no videos or more info about this raid?
    • Like x 1
  10. Kristyana New Player

Because nobody has beaten it yet, and if they have, it takes time to edit what will most likely be an 8 hour video.
    • Like x 2
  11. uXix Committed Player

Yes i know nobody has beaten either raid but at least we saw the Nexus raid in FNL and tomorrow's livecast is only about OPS and solos.
  12. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Odyssey beat Paradox Wave yesterday. Took a long time and A LOT of deaths but it did get accomplished. This is going to sound outrageous but I swear Chill said there was something like 710 deaths total at the end. lol...once again I might have heard him wrong and it was like 71 or something but either way it has been beaten.
    • Like x 3
  13. Daddio New Player

What level gear did you guys have?
  14. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I'll have to ask them man. I'm not sure if they did it in full T5 or partial.
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

Full T5.
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Well there you go:).
  17. Daddio New Player

Looks like we got a long grind to get t5 until most players can finish the raid then.
  18. uXix Committed Player

Any interesting drops from the raid?
  19. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

So far we've been having some trouble with the mini-bosses, but mainly from the adds they spawn. We are tanking the boss, people are rolling away from deadly boss attacks, and then all of a sudden the adds spawn and wipe the tanks (who are shielding and blocking). They seem to be hitting for 2000+ all at the same time.
  20. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Here's a really scary bug: We were fighting the final boss of Paradox in the middle. He started rolling around and everyone's game crashed and we had to restart the entire raid. Submitted this in the crash reporter as well.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.