Over all precision nerf earth explained and Earth guide

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dj_T, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Hey, I play urf! ;) Agreed about Tectonic Break and Rumblecrush, BTW.
    • Like x 1
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I've heard a bunch of earth ppl now complaining bout their damage out... I think there's something to be said that te two powers that are precision heavy dps are having a harder time with numbers..
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

I thought I'd share how precision-based damage works in this game for reference.

It starts with your weapon DPS. Let's say you have a 77.9 DPS weapon. Every point in precision increases the DPS stat by 0.1 DPS. If you have 17 precision then your effective DPS would be 77.9 + 1.7 which would equal 79.6 That's the important number.

Weapon attacks will land a percent of that Effective DPS value. That percent is defined by a range. For example, (last time I tested) the range for Spin Chop is 224% to 332% of your effective DPS. At 79.6 Effective DPS, you would see attack values from 180 to 267. The range for 1-H single tap melee attack is 28% to 45% of your effective DPS.

There's no reason to assume precision has been nerfed. If anything, the ATK% range for your attacks might have been lowered. Even then, it's one thing to simply say that your numbers feel lower. It's another thing to actually start capturing the ranges of your abilities through testing and come back later to retest and see if those ranges have changed.

The reason I bring this up is because I'm seeing a lot of people posting their numbers but they're not really posting the right numbers. First, ignore crits. Those are based off your crit magnitude and I don't see any of you posting what that is. HINT: The default is 25% and then it goes up based on innates, mods, etc. It's simply better to leave that out (since it's a hidden stat). Really, anyone posting their numbers should include their precision, weapon DPS, the attack they did, and the resulting damage. It's better if you catch the HIGH and LOW values through multiple iterations testing.
    • Like x 6
  4. Dianna WD New Player

Sorry, my fault... I tried again... My best dmg without critical was 803 and the best was 1712. Precision >>> 845... 60% dmg, 50% by Fan and 10% by Chest mod. Ps: I'm spec in the 1% critical chance tree... If, with the 5%dmg tree, my dmg will be 1750 critical
  5. Dj_T New Player

Lol stop assuming that i dont know about earth and before the update earth does fine with str8 precision you need to start watching orbit videos or something yes i went back amd forward as to go precision/might, will when t5 comes out

Yea theres better loadouts but this 1 if you dont use your weapon youll never top lmao i never got beat by a precision/might earth as of today. Yes ill got prec/might but go cry somewere else
  6. Dianna WD New Player

Orbit videos?! He only play with crap loadouts... Sorry, but I never saw a really good earth dps playing on pve. I was earth and I know all about this power and others powers.
  7. blklightning New Player

I used my earth tank and ran w/ an earth dps in Gates recently. Granted, I was setting up some PI's for him, but his dmg out was pretty impressive.

On a side note... to reinforce what others have already said... Unstoppable is an awful way to apply the Dazed PI. Go for Tectonic Break. It's much more DPS friendly, has practically no cool down, and is reliable in its PI setup.
    • Like x 1
  8. Neptune New Player

at least some1 do somethings about this update. Hope Mepps replied.
  9. Dee Pius New Player

There's definitely a "silent-nerf" at work post GU-25, most likely and noticeably negatively affecting Precision.

Playing on my Might based Gadgets, or my balanced Ice DPS'es and not much noticeable difference as far as Numbers go.

Playing on my Precision heavy HL/Earth DPS'es & I've noticed a 15-25% reduction in total damage out and an across-the-board showing of "smaller numbers" per attack, regardless of weapon attack, HL (precision based) combo, or Earth precision after shock, even with higher precision now post-gu25.

Was in the hallway in Gates, I saw Jackhammer splittin & hitting for teens and twenties! TEENS and 20's!!!! Really.. With 800+ precision. Did three runs at Gates post GU25, with my Earth and never did more 750k damage(690k-745k), when my old average pre GU-25 was 950-1.1mil(as high as 1.2 in a 30minute run), easy. These were the same types of 30-35 minute runs, where I'd be use to seeing 1mil-plus on the score sheet.

The last time I scored (so low &) in the 700,000's was nearly a year ago or more when I had 1 piece of T4 & 500ish precision!!!

To say there's not an unnecessary nerf at work here is just a blatant denial of facts. I Didn't work on maxing out my Precision and maximizing my toons efficiency/damage in anticipation for T5 just to be reduced to scrub-level damage RiGHT BEFORE the new & "challenging" raids drop.

Un-nerf me now. Thank you. I mean how in the world am I supposed to burn down T5 mobs & bosses hitting for Teens & Twenties?!... SMH
    • Like x 3
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

There are three ways to get 1.2 mil in gates.
    1) you wipe a lot
    2) you are using an exploit
    3) the other two DPS are really bad

I'm not saying that a NERF didn't happen but I'd keep the final Gates scoreboard out of it.
    • Like x 5
  11. AIpha New Player

I ran a raid last night and my precision jumped up to 899 from 750 due to the added weapon innates and I was hitting less than before the update with my jacks and prec attacks as well. I think you are right and I think it has to do with the added stats in the trees. THey may have add more stats to purchase but nerfed overall effectiveness of the stat boosts to compensate. I definately am seeing lower numbers though.
    • Like x 1
  12. dark luster New Player

t4 armor is the new t3 armor.thank you.for nurfing us when t5 comes out u will the mistake u guys did.
  13. Ogat New Player

Not to step on your toes but 30-35 is kinda sorta long for gates :> And Yes JH always split that way over owerwhelming crowds(I assume a really crowded gateway here accumulators not targeted for long). That beeing said I'll take OgaT from his comfy chair tomorrow and run some test raids- leaugemates bored nowadays anyway and see whats what.
  14. Dj_T New Player

Lol well i beat everyone with this loadout full precision and yes i was all might now all precision, will be going both on t5 only people i have lost too was another earth with this same loadout and a earth with precision and might
    and people that use WD cus im flight

No i didnt choose precision only because i didnt know what i was doing, i choose it becuase its a different play style but going all might will deatroy your dpsing tho lol
  15. Toxiic Committed Player

Just saying.. Devs want the game to get harder not easier. With the right team (preferably my league since I know what they are capable of) We can do Prime in around 30 min. Meaning, when T5 comes out we might be able to do those raids in 45 min and then, after a while we figure out the tricks and its back to 30 min. When you get father in anything isn't it supposed to get harder? So what if we got "weaker" it was most likely for a reason. I don't think devs would just wake up one day and say "hmm I think i want to nerf something today"
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

I did a little bit of testing tonight. I'm not Earth so I simply ran some numbers on 1-H on a training dummy with no modifier or Home Turf mods that would have affected my testing.

Scenario 1: 77.9 Weapon + 532 Precision
    Single Tap Melee: 31-47 Damage / 36-55 Unmitigated (23-35% of Effective DPS)
    Spin Chop: 188-281 Damage / 221-330 Unmitigated (143-214% of Effective DPS)

Scenario 2: 131.1 Weapon + 559 Precision
    Single Tap Melee: 45-67 Damage / 52-78 Unmitigated (24-35% of Effective DPS)
    Spin Chop: 268-400 Damage / 315-470 Unmitigated (143-213% of Effective DPS)

Historical Ranges (Sometime after GU22)
    Single Tap Melee: 28-45% of Effective DPS
    Spin Chop: 224-332% of Effective DPS

So I definitely see two things. The attack percent values for 1-H have been reduced since GU22. The other thing is that precision as a calculation is still functioning as it always has (or else my two scenarios wouldn't confirm the same ranges). I'm not an Earth player, so I'm not clear on whether your weapon DPS affects your precision-based abilities or not, or whether it scales damage off of your precision alone. If it was my powerset, I would have tested that and been able to demonstrate one way or another a long time ago. Also, the other thing I would have done is collected the attack percent ranges for my precision-based abilities previously so that I could test them now.
  17. Clutch_GT New Player

Quite a few other people have as well my 2 handed home run combo damage was cut in half now -__- I haven't even seen a crit past 2500 and megas smash made me lulz earlier today... a pathetic 1231. (this is with 840 precision and 1921 might) jackhammer seems noticeably weaker, and the same add's that i used to 1 shot with the 2 handed lunge now take 3 -5 hits to kill :mad:
  18. renzhe New Player

I've not been pveing much since GU25 hit live.

So, are you saying that the 1H damage out has been reduced in GU25? Or are you just using 1H as an example and saying that there is a general down trend for all precision attacks (be it weapons or powers), and that Earth and HL have not been specifically ninja nerfed or fixed in whatever way?
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Good questions. I am saying the fundamental calculations are still the same for precision damage. The only way for all precision damage to be nerfed would be that the high/low ranges assigned to every ability would each have to have been lowered individually. It's kinda hard to assume that. More case-by-case testing and comparisons are needed,

Unfortunately, we don't have the ranges for every precision attack. I only have a small piece of that puzzle (two 1-H abilities) and I can say they are lower damage. Omaar has all the ranges for HL so we'd have to wait to hear from him for that. In terms of Earth, has anyone ever stepped up to run the numbers for its precision attacks historically? You'd need that for comparison. Otherwise you only have what it is now and some vague testimonies of the damage you're used to doing..
  20. renzhe New Player

I have never bothered crunching numbers. Too lazy. :D

There is no smoke without fire, so it looks as though something is definitely off here, but no one can pinpoint exactly.

The players shouldn't need to have to do number crunching, especially not when it would take the devs a fraction of the time to just investigate this or confirm this or deny this etc..
    • Like x 1