Open World PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by BustaPrimes, Jun 21, 2017.

1. BustaPrimes Level 30

Brief History of Fight Club
    Back in the day there use to be fun Open World PvP where heroes and villains would gather and fight each other. What made this different than arenas is the fact that anyone could jump in if they wanted, there was that feeling of insecurity and whether or not you should jump the 2 guys 1v1ing and risk getting teamed up on or communicate with the opposite faction in versus chat and secure an area from all gankers where players could Open World PvP and build a PvP reputation, it was very fun and something a lot of us old school fight club players remember as one of the best highlights from this game and it is where most of us met our opposite faction friends.

The Problem with Open World PvP
    I understand PvP is broken and not something the developers really care about as most Free-to-Play players seem to migrate toward that over PvE(we were promised new PvP sets every 6 months). I feel PvP would be fun again if we could do it in the open world without being 1 shot by PvE players, this is the number 1 reason why myself and so many other PvP players no longer do Open World PvP, all there is for us now are PvP matches and even those are now scaled, hell we can't even duel unless we find another player with a PvP set on or switch to PvE(again most Free-to-Play players don't have good PvE sets). Currently the ONLY place we are able to PvP in and compete is in arenas, no more tactical Open World PvP as everyone now uses PvE gear.

Potential Solutions
    I have several ideas that I feel could make Open World PvP great again(queue patriotic music)

1. Disable PvE Gear in PvP Phase((for the default Metropolis & Gotham not DLC based open world instances)there would be problems with this for players trying to level up, though new players should be defaulted to PvE phase anyway)
    2. Disable PvE Gear when in PvP combat
    3. Copy an existing area or create a new one dedicated for PvP (maybe add rewards or something enticing)
    4. Make PvP Gear Significantly stronger than all PvE gear (it cant be used in PvE instances anyway)
    4.5 Increase PvP Gear Stats every content drop so it stays higher than PvE Gear (alternative to adding additional gear sets)

I'm sure there could be more possible solutions and some of these may cause problems in other areas however I do feel we should come up with a way to make Open World PvP fun again as well as encourage more players to start engaging in PvP more because as of right now other than the dedicated PvP'ers people only do it for feats and most do not enjoy it and I feel this is one of the reasons why, you can't use it anywhere but arenas.

What do you guys think? This post is aimed toward players who actually enjoyed PvP at one point. I know there are hundreds of posts about this but maybe if we can give them some potential solutions to think about and enough backers then maybe, just maybe.. we can get them to do something.
    • Like x 6
  2. Chuberty New Player

Your number 1 would not work. Disabling PVE gear in a PvP phase would make it almost impossible to do dailies in that phase. We would lose all of our defense without that gear and get destroyed by any adds.
  3. BustaPrimes Level 30

I should probably specify that I am referring to the basic Metropolis and Gotham not content instances such as Central City, New Genesis, Typhon Invasion, War Torn Area51 or any of those DLC based instances.
  4. Chuberty New Player

Arkham Asylum, Ace Chemicals, Strykers, and Steelworks all have those earlier tier open world dailies as well.
  5. BustaPrimes Level 30

Yeah that is true however most players who do that aren't going to be doing it in PvP phase. I would rather them dedicate an Open World for PvP players and perhaps add PvP missions there and other PvP related content but I don't think they would ever dedicate an Open World to just PvP
  6. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I like this and have wanted this for a while. Disable PVE gear when in PvP phase.

Also, that is the idea, to get the simplest add destroy you, that way you are forced to get PvP gear!
    If i want to do dailies and what not, I can go to HQ and use the Phase Shifter and go about doing them with my PvE gear.

While in PvP phase, loot drops should also be PvP gear (even if the lowest possible quality, so that people can at least get a basic set).
    • Like x 1
  7. Vaper Level 30

Hell Yeah !

Nice Post :)
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree, but they need to make it so pvp gear works and trumps pve gear. Someone who resets the current content of pve and is 202cr should not be stronger than a 101cr in pvp gear. The toughness needs removed from pve gear when you engage in pvp activities. Hell, there used to be a big Rock with blue stones you could throw a people in pve world and switch them to pvp. That was funny, but it should work the same way. Why or how they broke it, I dunno. It just needs fixed.
  9. BustaPrimes Level 30

I believe the best thing to do would be to bump PvP gear stats to where its higher than the best PvE gear and raise toughness so that PvE players cannot do much damage to players in full PvP. By doing this it wouldn't effect PvE players who are doing missions in the open world however it would allow for PvP players the opportunity to compete against each other again without being 1 shot by PvE players.

The other idea I really liked is to disable PvE equipment when in PvP combat, the second you hit someone or get hit by another player your PvE gear should become unusable, debuffed(scaled lower) OR the player with PvP gear would some sort of stat increase.

As it stands I don't think many people care about PvP gear other than for the feats.

I wish they would take PvP into consideration because I feel they would make more money and have more active players if they fixed that part of the game and added more content.
  10. bobjenkins102 New Player

I've been playing this game way before they decided to make everyones gear forced damage role, Allowing pve gear to get out of control and dominate pvp players in open world Phase. I can say that any true veteran of pvp open world will 100% agree with you and are CRAVING this change, But... what most of you can't get through your skulls is that the developers do not care about pvp in any way shape or form anymore. Pve content generates the delicious green cash flow for them and they have stated there is no plans of fixing pvp, They probably will never fix pvp to the glory days as they were. It sucks to say that but it's what you get when you get a company that only cares about sucking the "teet" dry from their pve cash cow.
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Do you remember T5 & the open world missions? That and the open world bounties. People were using PVP gear to exploit those missions and instances. You could solo the T1 bounties with CR 14/15 PVP gear. That is why the PVP gear was nerfed in the first place. PVP gear will never be allowed to be stronger than PVE gear because of the players that were exploiting/cheating the content.

If DCUO would just make the same stats for everyone PVE & PVP then everything would be 10 times simpler. NO exploiting PVP with PVE or exploiting PVE with PVP. Everyone would be the same.

Let's face it. Some people will always cheat and do not see anything wrong with cheating. Make it all the same and be done with it. Less man hours on exploits between the two, less man hours for two different types of gear. Less man hours period. Make PVP cheaper to run & Then maybe PVP will get some lovin.
  12. BustaPrimes Level 30

DCUO was the one and only game I have ever preordered and I've been playing since January 2011, I've been lucky enough to experience the golden days of DCUO(primarily as a PvPer) and like many others I've had to deal with changes that have impacted the game for me in such a big negative way, I can't count how many times I've quit this game because of changes, first it was Weapon Mastery for me, then it was PvP Stat clamping as well as some other minor changes in between, each one pushed me further and further away from PvP and the game in general.

Anyway, I do agree with you that the devs don't care for PvP as it does not generate them revenue, however you can't say that they wont do anything if there is enough demand for it, they've been doing a decent job of listening lately and hopefully if enough people support a post like this then maybe they will see it and make some changes. Sadly not enough people visit the PvP section of the forum or even the forum in general as most of the player base plays the game only browsing the forums when it's down for an extended period of time or when theres an update announced.
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree wholeheartedly Busta!
  14. Vaper Level 30

Bump.

Was sort of wishing / dreaming a dev would come in to tell us about some of the exciting future plans to open world PvP.
  15. Roguester Well-Known Player

Busta,this post is one of many that should be taken by the devs in the back room for a talk.
    Sad part it will never happen.
    Funny part,there is always that **** pve player that comes and asks:``How will i do my pve dailies if they disable my pve gear in pvp phase?`` .........uhm go to PVE phase? to do pve?....stay in pvp phase for pvp only?
    Your vision is great bro,but there will always be those people that have no clue to what your talking about and only get in the way.
  16. Chuberty New Player

If this was directed at me, I love open world PvP. I used to open world constantly. I'm not against what anyone is saying but Disabling PvE gear in PvP phase isn't that way to go about this though. A toughness buff while in PvP phase to cancel out the ridiculously high stats of pve gear would be much simpler and appealing to everyone.
  17. BustaPrimes Level 30

I asked this question in the developer Q&A the other day, they stated that PvP gear is meant for arenas not so much open world. They also stated that they will drift apart again overtime not sure what that means exactly.

They just recently stated that they've increased PvP toughness, I checked my gear and didn't notice a difference so I assume it was minor, I'll have to check the patch notes again and see what it said exactly.
  18. bobjenkins102 New Player

This post right here is gold, I always laugh real hard when that kind of person that has no clue what a pvp phase is and then they say something about how he wont be able to do his "PVE" content on the "PVP" Phase. And oh boy are there many of these kind of people. You have an entire phase for player versus environment aka specifically for killing npc's and you think it's okay to roll on into a phase that is strictly pvp focused. Many of these players that are in pve gear will go into pvp open world phase just to abuse the fact that at the moment pve gear has a advantage over pvp gear, Which is complete bs. And again this is just greedy developers that do not care for pvp at all as it isn't generating any revenue for them. Just like many threads in the past, This post will either get locked or ignored. Especially now that so many of the old school pvpers quit, There isn't enough momentum for a post like this to go anywhere since all of this has been talked about numerous times in the past.
  19. BustaPrimes Level 30

Back in the day Toughness use to decide the amount of damage you take from players but nowadays its completely useless, maybe they should at least make toughness work like it use to, the more toughness you had the less damage you took from a PvE player, since they have no toughness they use to get 1shot by PvP players and it didn't effect PvE related combat.
  20. BustaPrimes Level 30

Toughness is suppose to reduce damage taken from enemy players, if they significantly increased PvP toughness where players using PvE gear couldn't do an insane amount of damage to them then I believe that would fix the problem entirely, what do you guys think?

Also if you agree with anything in this thread please like it and refer your friends so we can gain some attention from the developers so they know how much we need this change. I do believe that if there's enough demand for something they will act. I also understand that they may not always have creative decision when it comes to the game and what they can change however I do believe a change like this would be minor and fairly easy to do, at least in my non-developer mind.