One Simple Thing That Would Make The Bounty Grind So Much More Bearable:

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Let the next fight trigger 30 seconds after the previous one dies.

Enough with the standing around and waiting!
    • Like x 9
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My feeling is that at some point they might need to do this. Once we are all so OP we can one shot the bosses (cr 500?), having them run back to back would allow for them to be done in a reasonable amount of time vs the 50+ hours required now. I think for now the timers work, but at a point they won't be needed. Also, no timers would allow for longer fights for phases where there are not enough people to get it done in 5 min, but maybe in 6.

To me it's especially bad since they added the locked phases. Assuming you get into a good phase, you can't risk warping to base or WT, or stepping into the solo walk in as you can be locked out of the phase, so waiting is your only option.
    • Like x 3
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

On the up side, I did use the looooong waits between bosses to wrap gifts this morning... so. yay?
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I generally will play on PC and PS4 at once, so I'll have my opposing toon doing something else while I wait for a new boss. Luckily I'm about done with spamming, so it doesn't come up much anymore. During my 1 run a day at this point I just do the dailies or clean my inventory of the awesome base items and gen mod drops.

And wrap presents? Is there a holiday coming up? Though it was being called on account of the 'rona.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Christmas is the 25th.
    • Like x 1
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I think they understand the whole bounty thing was a bad idea from the start. But atleast we pve player base are not stuck waiting in the watchtower for a pvp revamp they will never get. Atleast we get to do something in pve well we wait for a pve revamp we should have.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

We can only hope. . . .I'd have more faith if they didn't double down and make it more awful the second time around.
    • Like x 1
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I would think they would learn a lesson at this point. It is time for a gear revamp/content. Its not right keeping the player base at end game when the game has so much to offer. They really need to revamp the game so we can start over with way more progression. I dont care how they do that but they really should do it to make the game grow. Throwing cr skips at new players is not how you handle this problem
    • Like x 1
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

They did this to avoid having people hop phases all the time. All open world bosses start at the same time in all phases.

I find it good in some ways (all phases have the same boss at the same time, so phase hopping will be necessary only for joining a group or getting into one that has a few more people and a greater likelihood of defeating the boss), bad in others (because of impatience, mainly). The only way something like this would be viable is to lock the phase once this process starts... that is, no new players may enter that phase. It would have to be done by a vote... every player in the phase who just received some kind of reward would be given a "yes/no" choice... and if the majority want the next boss to start now, then it will... but the phase is now locked and will die off and reset after the last person leaves it.
  11. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Yeah, fortunately for me, my youngest son and I play together so if we find a boss spamming instance one will stay and "hold" the instance while the other takes care of business/switches toons etc. Sometimes finding a 'working" instance is extremely difficult.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I generally have an 'anchor' toon on PC so I can flip between PS4 toons when I have a good phase. Still, there is a chance you get locked out on return if the phase is hopping. More so in LLL than WV at this point, but WV this week has been sketchy due to the 2x marks.

The original point the guy made was still valid either way. Once we are a bit more 'OP', the wait will get more tedious even with a smaller group, assuming you can find one. At this point the wait is still pretty short as 2 min or so except between Hydra and Murk...especially if Hydra doesn't pop up due to an earlier fail. Once things are down to 1 phase the forced wait will be un-necessary as you can't phase hop anyway. Assuming we do get to CR 400 or something, and can take down the bosses fast even solo or duo(also assuming scaling works better than it seems now), grinding them out at 10-15 min a rotation vs 30 will be much easier to stomach.
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Or the 24th ;)
  14. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Just to play Devil's advocate, as it's something I'd pondered too.

As it stands, the bosses spawn the same across the phases on a timer. If each phase has to track differently, that could cause issues internally or when changing phases.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Not really. I just phased when one boss was defeated and it shows as "you have recently been victorious in this area" so there's already a mechanism to prevent exploiting this in some way.
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I'll buy that for a dollar
    • Like x 1
  17. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Wasn't referring to exploits, moreso the code to manage differing timescales across the phases.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Loot is locked out on 30 min rotations as far as I've seen, so yeah, if we shortened the rotations, it's possible the 2nd Murk you knocked out in that 30 min you would not get pay for, but for kill counts it would count. I'd guess those lockouts could be set to a lower number vs 30...15 maybe?. Again, most of this would come into play later when likely we'll have only 1 phase active.