One month in...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Redshirt, Oct 23, 2013.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The fact that they also got Arleen Sorkin to reprise Harley was the icing on the Batman voicework cake.

I don't have any problems with James Marsters as Lex, though, and it does work well in the same way as the Batman/Joker casting. After all Marsters and Adam Baldwin did the voices for Lex and Superman in the direct to video Superman: Doomsday film.
    • Like x 1
  2. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

Yes, Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn was quite the boon as well. She does a magnificent job in bringing out the pure unadulterated wacko in a character who is quite likely more looney than her boss.

Im not sold on James Marsters as Lex, and only partially sold on Adam Baldwin as Supes. Dont get me wrong, I loved Marsters as Brainiac on Smallville and loved Baldwin on Chuck (see my sig) - but in terms of the game, just would have been nice if we could have completed the DCAU - DCUO tie-in with Clancy Brown and George Newbern in their respective roles of Lex and Superman.

But, I still enjoy the game and the voicework, regardless. :)
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Hello, welcome to the game.

1. This is an old a well discussed subject. As it stands a fourth color isn't possible the work to get it would be to vast, or so I've read.

2. I agree.

3. Now though GU31 is coming that will deal with this it really isn't necessary. The issue of people running out of missions around level 23 has always puzzled me there is so much to do beyond just the missions. There are many things that give XP, Booster tours, completing investigations/briefings, bounties (well until GU31 that is) and the low level alerts. There are other possibilities but its been to long since I have leveled a character to be sure if they do.

Oh and CR means nothing before 30 so don't worry about it.
  4. aspernator New Player

Welcome to DC! I am a recent CO trasplant as well and I'm enjoying the game as much as you do :D
    I would love to see a 4th color choice myself. And a GL emblem wouldn't hurt either :)
    You might have figure out already, but just in case, keep in mind that respecs are easy and cheap. You can't change you morality, sex, mentor, power and movement mode, but all other build choices can be changed at any time for a trivial amount of in-game cash. Experiment with your power trees until you find a loadout that works for you, then try out some others just for fun. And don't forget to try out a ton of different weapons :)
    Happy gaming!

5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Just a correction you can change your power and movement mode but it costs real money, you can find these in the SC marketplace.

Oh and sorry but the only way you will ever get a sort of GL emblem is if you get the hoody that is a drop in the vault. DC does not allow us to have exact copies of any of their character's emblems on their own, all we can get is souvenir type things like hoodies, hats and t-shirts. Oh and before you ask no green auras either. DC is very protective of their property.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, can't complain about the voice work all that much here.

But if you want to REALLY go complete with the voice work like you mentioned, it'd have to be Clancy Brown and Tim Daly. Daly did the Superman voice for the Superman animated series, Newbern was brought in for Justice League.

I'd still love to hear Brad Garrett do voice work for Lobo if they every bring that character into the game. :D