ONCE LINK DEAD... IT WONT LOG BACK IN FOR ABOUT 10 MINS

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TAKINGYOURSHOEZ, Feb 8, 2017.

1. TAKINGYOURSHOEZ New Player

anyone know why this is?
  2. SalamanderMan Well-Known Player

My only guess is zone changes, for example if I get linkdead in instance and get kicked or if its in pvp and my link dies usually I cant log back, imo due zone change but I can be wrong :rolleyes:
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Idk but it is so annoying. Also trying to log back in before that 10 min window resets the 10 minute timer. It's so annnnoyyying
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Link death should return you to the game seamlessly. If/when it fails, you will need to stay out of the game entirely for 10 minutes for it to clear.
  5. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

That being said, if and when this issue happens in a raid, it makes people that are sitting there wonder if they will get their person back in the raid or if they have to waste their 1 vote (every 3 hours was it?) ...but wait! Suddenly two other people get the same Deadlink issue in the group but you guys already wasted your 1 vote (for the 3 hours or whatever the ridiculous amount is). Then your group gives up and decides to disband the whole instance.

So...the one thing that would resolve that issue. Allow a vote every 15minutes. Or less.
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Last year there was an issue with link dead in Gotham during the Valentines Seasonal where there were several "dead zones" throughout the city. If you got caught in those zones you were basically screwed. Even if you waited the 10 min or so you would still be booted immediately upon log in. If you were lucky you would have a max of 3 seconds to try and run or fly out of the affected area. Usually a group of players in an area all "disconnected" was a big sign of not to go there.

I have to wonder if whatever was used to fix the link dead issues last year as it was eventually shut off for a period of time has led to a new issue with the feature. I know I have been getting disconnected and link dead way more than what I would think is normal. Be it warping into or out of locations and even getting booted while just standing in my base make me wonder if the next big release is going to break something.
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

That was last Halloween. I know because I made the issue about it. So far it's been fixed and no dead spots to my knowledge. But yeah that dead zone issue was a pita for sure.

But look in my sig for a link to help end linkdead thingy.
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

From my experiences, this is how Link Dead works.
    Previously you would DC rarely, and when you did, you would no longer be in the instance you were in.
    With Link Dead, you or members of your instance, will DC a lot. Usually you'll be able to get back in. (provided you are not kicked). You may also miss a Loot drop.
    I don't know why the DC rate is so high with Link Dead; but it is.
  9. Revafall Well-Known Player

Please get it fixed instead of acting like it's ok this way...
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

the problem we are talking about is having to wait 10 minutes.

fix it. There is no excuse for that. mepps that was a cop out
  11. IonHero Committed Player

If you can't resume play from a link-dead state (on a PC),

While The game is still open (and stuck on the Loading screen... DO NOT CLOSE IT)
    Open the launcher and click play while logged into the same account.
    The Second Window should force logout the Link-dead character. (You may now close the first game instance)
    You should now be able to play.

The downside is you will be booted out of any instance you were in... although since you were stuck in a loading loop you were not likely to be able to continue that anyways.
  12. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

Hello. Thanks for the reply. This Linkdead just happened to my one and only character I ever created 3 years ago and have invested around 1,000.00 bucks in. I would be very disappointed if I lose my charcter along with all the hours, days, week, months and years playing this title. Please resolve this issue
  13. Sexy_Shell Active Player

bloody hell fix this. it's rather annoying. I don't wanna have to keep deleting and reinstalling. this has happened to me twice since 2017 xmas event arggg
  14. Kestral Committed Player

Or just don't apply the 3 hour penalty limit to kicking players that are 'disconnected'.
  15. Savynaa Well-Known Player

If you can not log back with the link dead. Log on different serv for exemple if you character is on EU if you log on US you will kick from EU. That work for PC, i don't know for PSN.