Old player Coming Back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xColdFront, Feb 28, 2016.

1. xColdFront Committed Player

I used to ice tank/DPS. Stopped once they changed ice to AM DPS god i hated it. So i only tanked plus thats what every1 always wanted me to do cause they could trust me to succeed. Currently what is the best tanking power? Is ice still good? I stopped playing around WOTL 2 cause i thought it was terrible "no offense". I have about 200 skill points if that matters.
  2. MuTeDx Committed Player

Ice is still sitting high on the throne right now, not OP anymore in my opinion but maybe I'm not seeing super ice users. The AM is still no fun so no changes in the way it plays so far. Other powers now have a better chance at keeping up and even beating ice now so I'd say it's somewhere in the right conversation as far as DPS goes.

Tanking- it really depends on what you are doing. Ice is still a very strong on boss tank but for large groups of ads I prefer rage. Ice tanking hasn't changed much if at all so you should still be good once you get back in the flow.

With your SP you will be fine. Just read into the powers and make sure to much hasn't changed and get info on what has. The tool tips in the power selections have all been updated to include the latest and greatest. Good luck and welcome back.
  3. xColdFront Committed Player

Awesome man thanks. I'll stick with my original power then and probably just stick to tanking. Another question every month there's new content now that means better gear. So every month i need to make new mods to put in the new gear or did they chage that somehow? Cause that sounds like a bit much to do every month.
  4. MuTeDx Committed Player

Every month we get new gear, yes. But you don't get the same gear pieces every month. The dev's have spread 1 set of gear across 3 months of episodes. so now each episode has its own gear to be sought after. The gear pieces you get are good for 3 months just as before but every month you will get about 4 new pieces.

Basically this month we get chest, legs, waist, and back. You won't see those pieces as drops again for another 3 months so you should still mod.

The rate of growth is the same tho, don't let the monthly fool you. Before it was 1 full set of gear per DLC which we got quarterly or every 3 months. Now it's the same just spread more evenly like good peanut butter.