Old OP items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Is there any point to hanging onto old OP items? Right now I'm hanging onto them for part sentimental sake and part for the hope that one day you'll be able to put old OP items into new OP items similar to augments.
  2. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I think after a while, they should be able to let us make them into base items. A display case of goggles, A wall hung guitar. A roof hung Brainiac "Angel" wings would be pretty cool. A themyscirian pedestal with athenas crown
    • Like x 4
  3. BumblingB I got better.

At the moment, no, but I am a collector. I have most of them too. Still need the OG OP helm on my main and one or two from the drop era.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nostalgia....and a way to eat up those pesky free spots in your bank.

I too keep 1 of each piece...so I can gear up as "OMNIPOTENT MAN".....and get the feat.

Wait....there's no feat? Crap....
    • Like x 5
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I suppose they could be use in clamped content for some extra stats, since the game considers them a piece of all around equipment, you end up with a piece of gear that gives the maximum possible of every stat. (although the extra stats are not for your role, at first glance).

You could end up with a battle role that has increased might & precision over what would normally be possible, or with a dps that has extra bulk thanks to the increased defense.

Come to think of it, healer gear does not grant dominance, but if you were to wear OP gear in all slots you would end with a bunch of extra dominance on top of the restoration you would have anyway. Would a healer wearing every possible OP gear in every slot be ridiculous overpowered for their role's purpose in clamped content? Obviously, there's no healing a OHKO, but how much of an improvement is technically possible?
    • Like x 1
  7. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Thought I was the only crazy person to hang on them. Guess it really is just nostalgia at this point:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See...now that's REALLY obsessive. I won't keep duplicates at least. Not even duplicate pieces...like I kept the WV OP head and will dump it after the current head goes out of favor. Can only wear 1 at time.
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

To me, Omnipotent items are either so rare to farm or took much effort/resources to make, I cannot see the justification in salvaging them. For me they are worthy trophies that are stored in the bank along with extra SM chest/leg/back styles. It fills me with pride to see that at least 1/2 of my bank is gold. ;)

Funny enough, I had a same idea about turning the old OP items into base items. I had kinda pitched the thought with a friend. I guess great minds do think alike!
    • Like x 1
  11. IonHero Committed Player

Yes, for Omnibus instances, but only 1 of each type of piece (exception for 2 rings)

When running Omnibus instances, gear that runs over the level cap gets clamped.
    if OP pieces item level is above that clamp, technically the gear is better, than a regular piece of equipment, when running that content.

All gear above the clamp gets clamped down to the same equivalent level, so in tier 1 a item level 300 piece is just as good as a item level 77 piece; however, it retains the role when clamped so a clamped Tank piece will still has slightly higher health and def, than a clamped DPS piece

OP pieces get the benefits of each of the roles gear, Tank's higher health and def, DPS' might and precision, Healer's resto, Troll's vit and dom. and for the most part also will keep any affinity mod bonuses.

Basically, if
    (Item Level) >= (Clamped CR) / 1.15
    then OP gear is better to wear in that instance.

(Also for rings, The Legion Flight Ring, and the Speed Force Ring stat wise count as OP pieces, however do not count as elite gear)
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The day that I start considering all of the variables involved in every OP item for my Omnibus queues... just put me down. I'm too far gone to be any good to any one.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Agreed. But going back and helping someone with tough feats in clamped content such as Raving Mad, etc. It's worth considering.

Also, I seem to remember a debate a while back about how soloable or doable with small groups some clamped open world bounties are. I imagine having several pieces of gear with tank stats or battletanking/battlehealing with more DPS stats can certainly help in that regard.