Old & Boring Content Still Old & Boring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sgt. Rock, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Yeah Alts... been there done that..

Did you read the initial post of this thread?

Reading is fundamental
    • Like x 1
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Likewise.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

When did he say replays? 10 years at $120 a year is $1200...a few 200 artis on a few toons at say $200 a pop is maybe another $1000. Sprinkle in some Stabilizers to pick up TC collections and styles for another few $100. Almost any 'normal' member could spend $1000's on this game over years of play with never replaying a piece of content outside the 1 a week raid. I'm as cheap as they come and have done very little by way of replays and I can guarantee I've spend 2K+ on this game. Even premiums who were buying eps, or escrow tokens + working on artis could spend $1000 easy. Guess they were all 'rushing' too?

And FOS2 was 'top' content for months if not a year, so yeah....most long time players have played it 100s of times if running alts and wouldn't need to use a single replay for it. This is true of most of the DLCs (save the few 'monthly' ones that had raids)....we spend 3 months at current and about a year with it being in the 'relevancy' window (like WV is now...it's over a year old), where at least 1 weekly run could be expected....on multiple toons for some. Not sure where replays come into the picture....you projecting much?
    • Like x 1
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Still spent money because he wanted to rush everything, rush TC, rush Artis, rush new toons.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How is 10 years of sub a rush(by far the biggest number in that list BTW)? How is getting a few artis a rush? Most people have a few Artis at 200 now, it's almost getting to be expected. Rush new toons?...you plan on doing 250 bottle duos, Artifact finder feat, 500 CC bounties or 100 WV bounties on each toon without replays? Back in the day MOST people ran 5, 6 or more alts keeping up their SP and that was before we could buy feats across them. Some still do, but most people I know run 2 or 3 at most, and to get 200s on those without spending any money is not a cause for 'rush', it's just standard requirement now, about the only way to keep more than 1 or 2 viable endgame toons is to spend some money. Bruh, you are pointing the finger in the wrong direction. There are a TON of people on the clamp side of the argument who are the ones spamming Elite day 1 and then yelling 'I'm bored'...therefore we needed to open up the previous 10 years worth of stuff...to give them something to do. Heck they are already spamming FOS2 to complete the renown there and we are only 2 weeks into a 3 month 'DLC'.

What are you smoking dude?
    • Like x 2
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

i thought at first they would bring fos1, 2 and 3 out at the same time...
    what a disapointment, when i saw they would bring only fos2 (worst).
    not a big fan of the solo, yet the elite version feels pretty easy to me.
    the alert sucks: its either super easy and no challenge, or impossible.
    also, the instances are so acromatic and bland, it is boring to look at.

next will be ice berg lounge (my most despised solo instance of all),
    family reunion (cant realy tell how that will be, i only know it as long)
    and of course the batcave (i hate to get wirled like in a wash machine).
    probably, i am going to leave out the next addition of save the universe.

for themiscyra, i only hope they will add some elite duos: port of paradise,
    and while at it, why not adding a second one: supply lines, wasn´t it?
    yeah, i think they should definitively add two nice looking elite duos,
    even if they are allmost the same, i had a lot of fun running them dayly.
    not sure though, if i realy am going to run them as much as i allready did.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

considering the old On Duty menu will go away... is the new one working as intended currently? We can't specify instances to Queue for with the new On Duty menu????? Speaking about Omnibus pug'n group content.

When one does, (I have not), click Omnibus/Raid/T1, do you only Queue for T1 raids? UI makes noise, but is utterly not descriptive in what happens.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I got from CR 140 to 322 in 2 days with this new update, and my highest arti is 160 and Im still more competent than the avarage try hard in this game.

No one held a gun to your face and forced you to purchase extra.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh...you don't sub. Ok, cool story bro. I still have no idea where you pulled replays into anything. And for the record I never said I spend money on any of those things (outside sub)...was just saying you CAN spend plenty on the game without replays (or even artis, now that you have moved to those)....which was your be 'gotcha' you threw at the other poster....change your tune as much as you like now, the post I replied to was just pure smoke you conjured up from your mind about over replaying stuff. Hmmm....smoke? Yeah, that again makes me ask what substances you are on? You've now moved to player competency....I guess next you'll discuss how you have neato styles? Off topic much?

I'm a big believer in NOT spending extra money on the game...that doesn't preclude me from recognizing the fact that some have. And no amount of money spent negates the fact that yes....old boring content can still be (and in some peoples opinion...is) boring post update.
  10. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Thanks for keeping the game up so I can play for free!
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I said 'cool story bro'....what more do you want?
    • Like x 1
  12. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Sounds like you need a new game...or a nap
    • Like x 1