Oh My God, I Got You a Cool Idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saturn Girl, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I think I threw up a little in my mouth...

Was great for a Friday laugh though.
    • Like x 5
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This is a cute idea but nah.

I don't see it happening, even if I squint my eyes.

Would I mind, not really, but there's just something off about this idea to me.
    • Like x 1
  3. inferno Loyal Player

YESS!!! I have an evil villain "Da Lawyer" that loves this idea! Finally, the circle will be complete.
    • Like x 1
  4. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

This post kinda reminds me of ones I'd seen from an old forum member. Circe I believe it was. Though between grouping up or joining a roleplay league that's close to what you are looking for. Maybe do the tunnel of love duo or play the Valentine's day event together with your husband or wife or something for a similar effect and results.
    • Like x 2
  5. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Yeah I almost meant this, but it would be funny as an episode, with some character wearing new Formal outfits wallpaper, some missions in parties like manor gala, and it is my best option, I REALLY REALLY WANT OUR CHARACTERS HAVE AN ALIAS WHICH APPEARS ON THEIR HEAD and A FIRST and LAST NAME WHICH be their OWN names and be repeat able by different character, for example 10 characters have a same first name and... And if anyone decided to create a character like a robot which doesn't have name, just don't enter any name and skip.
    If this Thread be such a stupid idea, I still want first and last name for our character and we type it in the character creation before typing the alias. :)
  6. Saami Loyal Player

I would like to have a butler. Any volunteers?
    • Like x 2
  7. Vesper Dedicated Player

Nope. Not interested. This isn't a SIMS game. And if the entire idea is only limited to boys with girlfriends and girls with boyfriends, it's leaving out all of the toons whose creators envision them as non-hetero or never wanted a sexuality-motivated in-game event directed at their toon.

One of the biggest moments of players being angry about gender in this game happened in War of the Light 2. We've had clothing styles be male-specific and female-specific since the game launched. But in WotL2 we actually had 2 entirely different gear sets. There was a slinky body-hugging Star Sapphire inspired set for female toons, and a big bulky Manhunter inspired set for male toons. The controversy was that there were a lot of players (myself included) who wanted to put Star Sapphire gear on a male toon and there were some people (fewer, but vocal) who really wanted to dress up as a female Manhunter.

The overwhelming amount of upset players who were extremely vocal on the forums and in YouTube videos and the like eventually culminated in NO split-gender style SETS since. Gear-wise, everything since has been wearable by male and female toons. We've had a few things cosmetic only that have been set for one gender or the other (Bombshell Hair Style Pack comes to mind) but nothing that actually effects progression in the game.

In short, if you want a boyfriend for your female toon, no one is stopping you from doing that in a Role-Play league. I've attended a DCUO wedding, where the characters got married in the peninsula park in Chinatown. The players had gotten married in real life 3 days before and were making it "official" in their League.
    • Like x 4
  8. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Such a too long text, I can't really read it. But I only can answer you we got this text in last page.
  9. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Seriously why did you talk about different styles on genders, I wasn't talking about characters gender in the thread, actually it wasn't about it.
    But as a short answer, I'm gonna say sometimes styles should be different on genders, I actually don't like to see a man between pink lanterns, sometimes women should work together and men together. :) ;)
  10. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

i think it a cool idee
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

couldn't we just live together a little while first to see how things work out?
  12. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Oh you mean we be able to leave that family group? Right?
  13. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

Final Fantasy 14 has loads of animation and you can marry in the game :))), i think that will be cool
  14. Saturn Girl Committed Player

I have never played that, this is a request for DCUO not another game, we got too many characters who are heroes or villains and have super powered children like Black Lightning or Hawkgirl and Hawkman, Starfire and...
    Actually we don't want kiss screens or saying I love you, no absolutely no :confused:
    It is DC Universe, a game of all contents in DC comics not only a frightening game. The group family gives same last name or even powers for the children characters some shared things, actually we won't want a stranger person to make this group, we want our friends, and it would be nice to share things in family group.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Alright, alright, you win. I'll marry everyone.

The next person who posts in here will become my wife.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

maybe if this was game of thrones.
  17. Vesper Dedicated Player

LOL Your first post in this thread was a wall of text. Okay. Whatever.

I talk about styles and genders because it's all related. You want to set up "families" in this game, but then say that boys should have girlfriends and girls should have boyfriends. But you do not say anything about any other kind of family. Some people are gay, some people are asexual, some people are bisexual. This game is for PEOPLE to enjoy playing, not just one sex or one sexual preference.

And regardless of your lack of desire to see men in the Star Sapphire corps, it's canon that men CAN be in it:

[IMG]

And based on this fantastic art, I wanted my toon Ty Roc to enlist!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Ah GOD, Shameful... :confused::(
    You shouldn't say such a embarrassing words in a public.

I said that was a joke of boyfriend and girlfriend, Eeuh, nevermind.
    I didn't request for sex action in game :confused:

We are not going to make family group to kiss our... Whatever like you said people are not all girl or boy :confused:
    If you have look at wiki powered by fandom (DC comics), every character has a list of relatives, for example Darkstar is Starfire's sister or One of the Doctor Fates is Hawkman and Hawkgirl's son or...
    If they be villain or hero they are almost a super powered character except someone like Bruce Wayne... Anyways the family group doesn't mean the parents room in base or going to hospital when the baby is coming :confused:
    It actually doesn't mean a second life, please promise to me to read the comments as well, I'm repeating, it means you buy its DLC then you invite one of your good friend to tge family group (male for female CHARACTERS and female for male CHARACTERS) then you queue up for the first missions due and finish it till raid and you don't put your fingers on in the raid, you attack with someone like Joker Goons in the raid or something like that, then oracle calls you and tells you congratulations for finishing the mission and save the wedding and sends you something like a dead to buy a base for all members and then you have some new items in the base such as a bank for family shared money and gears (which are not trade able be trade able for family) and something else in the base and you can want one of your other FRIENDS to join you and you invite him and and when he accepts, he will enter to the character creation and create any character that he wants maybe just with a locked powerset which matches with the other members of family powers (parents) then he will choose his character's first name and alias and then starts playing from the brainiac ship mission and...
    It makes the game more nature, I again say parents do nothing to make baby :confused: OMG I feel embarrassed to talk about these.
    Please don't get everything so negative, look at things beautifully.
    • Like x 1
  19. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Star Sapphire corps is for warrior women. I can't understand who could dare to make a Man character with pink lanterns ring.
    I hated this. :(
    • Like x 1
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Marriage is not uncommon in an mmo. My guess is that it was never added to this game because it doesnt really fit the style of the game. Kind of like how we dont have a job system here. I don't think it would be game killing or anything like that, but I dont think its needed either.
    • Like x 4