Official: Tom Holland Is The MCU Spider-man

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TrueGODofMarvel, Jun 23, 2015.

1. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122003

[IMG]

"
    They've kept us waiting, but we now finally know that Tom Holland (The Impossible) will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the currently untitled reboot which is set to be released on July 28th, 2017 in IMAX and 3D (that's new information too). Sony and Marvel have also confirmed that Jon Watts (Cop Car) will direct. That film made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

The press release states that after an extensive worldwide search, both Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal were impressed by Holland’s performances in The Impossible, Wolf Hall, and the upcoming In the Heart of the Sea, and by a series of complex screen tests. Watts meanwhile also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal, and the studio, before winning the job.

Commenting on the announcement in a press release issued through Marvel.com today, Tom Rothman, Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group Chairman, said, "It’s a big day here at Sony. Kevin, Amy and their teams have done an incredible job. The Marvel process is very thorough, and that’s why their results are so outstanding. I’m confident Spider-Man will be no exception. I’ve worked with a number of up-and-coming directors who have gone on to be superstars and believe that Jon is just such an outstanding talent. For Spidey himself, we saw many terrific young actors, but Tom’s screen tests were special. All in all, we are off to a roaring start."

Feige commented, "As with James Gunn, Joss Whedon, and the Russo brothers, we love finding new and exciting voices to bring these characters to life. We spent a lot of time with Jon and find his take and work inspiring." Pascal added, "Sony, Marvel, Kevin and I all knew that for Peter Parker, we had to find a vibrant, talented young actor capable of embodying one of the most well-known characters in the world. With Tom, we’ve found the perfect actor to bring Spider-Man’s story into the Marvel Cinematic Universe." What do you guys think of their decision? "
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    I personally have no idea who Holland is. I do think he has the general look for the part though
    • Like x 2
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

Yeah I agree he looks the part just fine. There are still people trying to say he looks too young but he is 19 years old and fits the criteria of the younger look Marvel wanted.

He hasn't been in any major movies or major roles (he did have the title role in a decent stage work though but not many people are into stage theater) but this role has pretty much set him up for any future major roles. Marvel loves to give spotlight to a lot of relatively unknown actors at times.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Sheesh, another Spiderman reboot?! Wonder how they'll spin the story this time, lol! As for the choice, never heard of him. Looks like a young ginger from the UK. Is this Spiderman actually going to be able to interact with the MCU plan? That might be interesting.
  4. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Yep, this supposedly "origin-less reboot" is to get him up and running swinging in the MCU.
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, just read up on it. Hey, I was right! He's a Brit! I hadn't heard about the deal between Marvel and Sony to let Spidey into the MCU. That's pretty awesome, indeed.
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

He does look the part and he supposed to be in high school, I don't get how some are saying he looks too young. Do they want another Andrew Garfield who was 29 in the Amazing Spiderman but portray a high school teenager? :rolleyes: Hopefully Sony doesn't meddle with this and let Marvel studios finally get Spiderman right. I think the plan is to put Spidey in Civil War which leads to his solo film

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Is that a guy? Looks like a sissy spiderman to me...
  8. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

dang man. That is extremely old news... Are you roommates with Patrick from spongebob?;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

:( I has a sad.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, the new MCU Spidey is in Junior High School and has a radioactive chin-zit? Does his webbing come out of there? o_O
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

lol, you guys. The pic was from an old film he did and that was when he had a mole on his chin but I think he had some work done and had it removed.
    [IMG]
  12. Morcra Committed Player

learn some
    how about u gather info

after this has been said and discussed for months, once again. there not rebooting. its been said over and over that spiderman will just appear and be spiderman with no flipping origin. sheesh

sry if i came off a bit rude
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

He does actually look more the part there. Actually has some musculature. I'm keeping an open mind. ;)
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

No worries. I don't regularly keep up with such things. Glad it's not an origin reboot. Tired of those. ;)
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Will wait for more pictures
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well here it is, the alleged first look into a mysterious costume for Marvel Studios on the set of Civil War. Many are speculating its Spidey
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

Superior Spiderman anyone?
    [IMG]
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That looks more like the "Eye of Aggiemomtop*" that Doctor Strange has around his neck

*or however he calls it
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Spider-man costume leaked?

Coinciding with my post a while back, (now take this with a grain of salt) it seems someone claiming to have inside knowledge on the look of the new costume that will be featured in Civil War released drew up a mock sketch of the suit. He would not reveal how he got this information or who he was, but he did give a detailed description of the costume which has now led to fans speculating and even making drawings of what it will look like.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, just... no! :(
    • Like x 1
  20. Faust74 Loyal Player

No Carnage? Not interested. [IMG]