Now or Later?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Red Jenni, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I like to use an orange healing barrel in the middle of a fight, for power if not for health. But I notice many people like to come charging in and use the barrel right away. Which do you prefer? Now or later?
    • Like x 3
  2. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I like my healing barrels like my atomic powers....orange :cool:
    Nah, but really, I like to use them when I need them. I see it specially in duos, people walking with a barrel over their heads, when O start a fight the boss usually gets juggled a while and it takes some time until they get back on their feet and start actually dealing significant damage, all this time will be lost from the barrel effect.
    • Like x 1
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Now....it allows me to go full out at start of fight I try to spam everything while my trinket and barrel are active......but I am a little more strategic about it if I am trying to solo something deathmike style.
    • Like x 2
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

YOU'RE Divine Touch! I have you on all my friends lists on my villains. I also had armored Mass on all of them until I realized you were a stinking hero ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

In most cases, I like using it later because you have full health at the beginning of the fight. However, there are some places where the barrel respawns very quickly and it doesn't matter if you blow it in the beginning. Also... in the case where a barrel is far away from the enemy and it would be a risk to move back to it mid-combat, I'd use it at start.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Mid way or later.

There's no way to spam powers and be efficient anymore. So, it's best to wait till that moment you actually need it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Controller Devoted Player

I thought this was a candy thread.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

If I believe I can beat the fight without the barrel, I'd rather have it at the start so I can use a more power hungry rotation and speed up the fight. If the fight is a challenge, I'd rather save it for later.
    • Like x 1
  9. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Healing barrels?
    [IMG]
  10. Kreachure Committed Player

People might just use them to start building supercharge quicker or so that they don't have to go all in right away. I guess it could be situational.
  11. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I cringe whenever I see players use a health barrel at the start of a boss fight.
    • Like x 1
  12. grendel007 Well-Known Player

It really depends. Usually I like to save it for later but some powers pop barrels like there's no tomorrow. (Talking to you electric...)
  13. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Me too (don't tell anyone)
  14. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I don't always use Healing Barrels in instances,
    [IMG]
    but when I do I use them in moderation
    and increase my survivability even more.

Play smart my friends.
    • Like x 2
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

I only use them in dire situations.
  16. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Being a healer, I just throw them at the Boss as soon as I can find a barrel. That way I don't have to use my powers to immediately start healing all the melee folks.

When I DPS, I just stay away from the barrels because I usually have Swarm active, and Swarm just loves to break things... I can't take them anywhere.

But generally, I just use the Donkey Kong philosphy when it comes to barrels... see barrel, throw barrel!