Not A Bug No Race Alowed?

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Crowman, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Crowman Active Player

Sorry, i try thinked a better title for this report/ticket but now i cant think anymore coz im focused for this new problem. First now, i wanted to start a race while start the maintenance, but i cant see anothing race spot arround on the shelter area. Literally i cant see nothing race spot. Exemple: GCPD East End. On this area u can see 2 race spot but later i cant see.
    Does it by any related about my actual level on game? i mean, i cant see race spot coz i reach Character Level 30 and Equip Level 369?
    EDIT: US PC
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just asking, but are you wearing any of the 'transformation' type things...like the acro or speed ring, or the boots/back/gloves that used to drop in the vault and are now in Dr Fate? If you have any transformation on you, the race circles go away.
    • Like x 2
  3. Crowman Active Player

... can u ... well, give exemple to items to made them race spot vanished? can u explain me?
    Coz is very weird that u mean coz i got the Robin Ring from Death metal area and when i go to Atlantis map only i can see 1 race spot. Is weird for u too?
    Coz is weird u mean it, and i dont check it... when i log in i gonna check it, but be specific what items made the race spot vanished. later i gonna update this post by mean what items i equip actually.
  4. Crowman Active Player

... can u ... well, give exemple to items to made them race spot vanished? can u explain me?
    Coz is very weird that u mean coz i got the Robin Ring from Death metal area and when i go to Atlantis map only i can see 1 race spot. Is weird for u too?
    Coz is weird u mean it, and i dont check it... when i log in i gonna check it, but be specific what items made the race spot vanished. later i gonna update this post by mean what items i equip actually.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you are wearing the ring, you cannot do the 'movement mode' races, like the ones in Gotham and Metropolis while wearing them. As As Atlantis makes everyone 'swimming' movement, you should be able to do that race, ring on or not. Try doing the ones in Gotham and Metro without the acrobat ring on. Even if your normal movement is acrobat, it might count as 'changing' your movement type with the ring on.

Some other items that would do this would be the speed ring (from the anniversary) or flight ring (from the HQ alert). Also there were 3 movement items, boots, jetpack and gloves...all available from Dr Fate, as well as the 'Bolt Sports drink' which can make you a speedster temporarily.

There might be a few more(like the kryptonian chunk), but I'd guess if you have the acrobat ring, that's the most likely to be the cause...if this is the issue.
    • Like x 1
  6. Crowman Active Player

voy a comprobar más tarde. ¿OK? si soluciona eso, puede actualizarlo.
    lo mas curioso es que uso el petirrojo, pero cuando me equivoco lo desequipo en gotham city, voy a revisar y no funciona. ¿Necesito volver a unirme en el mapa mientras desequipo el anillo?
    like refresh the area?
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

When you remove those transformation items the race spot should immediately reappear.
    • Like x 1
  8. Crowman Active Player

Well. Saddly to me i unequip them but dont showup on the map :/
  9. Crowman Active Player

Maybe is a bug or anything.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Que? And yes....like Catastrophic said, it should happen immediately. But you could have a bug as well. It was just a suggestion for a likely issue....not the only one.
    • Like x 1
  11. Crowman Active Player

So, what happend if is a bug? what should be done?
    holy god, this is not the only bug i got affected... for now i only know 3 bugs and this problem is one of them, others are already reported not only for me, others players are report them.
  12. Crowman Active Player

Aparently i noticed and i now see many race sport, but saddly is weird that ring made trouble about it. But the most weird thats only change map after unequip the robin ring on Gotham and continue not see race spot. When i change map to Metropolis i locate a Race spot but pop up a little seconds to go close to it and dissappear, but 1 second after disappear the spot come back. For now i get back on metropolis, but for now i only see 1 and i dont check others area. but idk, while i answer and update this ticket maybe the spot dispawn :/... im go testing about it and later update it.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If the circles for the races are appearing and disappearing and you are NOT putting on and taking off any of the previously mentioned things that can transform your movement mode AND not in a movement power, like say Nature's gorilla form, I'd say it's likely your system at fault. If races were appearing and disappearing for everyone due to some system bug, we'd be hearing a lot more about it.

There might be some stuff they can walk you through to clear cache files, or check some settings. I'd say wait for a response to the ticket and see what happens. Good luck.
    • Like x 1
  14. Crowman Active Player

"your system"? u mean my PC? or the equip?

And effectively, my equip, specificatly my Robin Ring made that trouble, so i check on all maps and all work well, apparently. IDK how catalog like a bug or this is a mistake and is "Not a Bug" so i can complete many missions about racing.

Anyway, thanks for the tip to fix it.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No problem. Yes, I meant your PC or console. But if it was the ring doing it, that's good news.
    • Like x 1
  16. Crowman Active Player

Thanks, but last one, about the same theme, u mean about my PC or console, like my Antivirus Security software or a firewall? or something, can u specific what u mean about it? by add on my Fix manual book to know how fix the problem on the future?. Sorry for ask it and thanks guys for answer me.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you are on PC, while you can have issues with an anti-virus, that would normally cause you issues when starting the game, or downloading. No, I'm referring to the files that go to make up the game, specifically cache files that keep things like your chat channels, settings and other things that are NOT part of the basic game files that everyone gets when downloading it.

Consoles can also have issues with some cached things, and I know Tech support will go through clearing these as part of troubleshooting issues sometimes. I forgot what my issue was a long time ago, but they guided me through deleting some files kept in my PS3 profile and it solved the issue.

This does NOT sound like your issue as it looks like yours was related to you wearing the acrobat ring. Assuming that's it, it should not be anything that Tech support would help you with.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crowman Active Player

thanks for answer me, for now i understand the problem. For now are show up others problems or bugs on my gameplay but for now this problem related of the race are fixed, thanks bud