No more lair battles?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by J MaaaR, Jun 5, 2014.

1. J MaaaR Level 30

I cant do them anymore why is this?
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Pvp maps have changed.
    Pvp maps change after a while.
    • Like x 1
  3. J MaaaR Level 30

How long until they're back?
  4. Saami Loyal Player

atleast a week., could be longer wait also.
  5. Skarlet Lantern Level 30

I have noticed that the maps change every 2 weeks. I have been waiting for 1vs1 lair battles for Legends. I haven't seen It in months.
    • Like x 1
  6. J MaaaR Level 30

They shouldn't change should all be the same all the time
  7. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

they never used to change..... until the infamous GU25. Lost many DCUO friends in that update,..
    • Like x 3
  8. Skarlet Lantern Level 30

The Maps are on a random rotation. All maps used to be in play. But people only played a select few. A lot of the maps never got played cause nobody would queue for them. The 5 map rotation was put in place to help shorten queue times.
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Maps rotate every 2 weeks. They used to have all of them at the same time but queue timers were longer.. The map rotation idea is actually good, the maps they chose for the rotations are sometimes terrible tho
    • Like x 2
  10. Blade Damone New Player

I don't think it's random, we haven't seen a 1v1 regular arena since November of 2013... We've seen 1v1 shadowlands or bat cave dozens of times though
    • Like x 3
  11. Blade Damone New Player

^i meant a 1v1 lair battle regular arena type
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

It hasn't been back since people commented that losing 1vs1 lair battles is the fastest way to earn marks. I think they took it out of the rotation. :( I want to work on the feat for winning lair battles, but I HATE the 2vs2. :(
    • Like x 2
  13. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Yeah that was really the final nail in the coffin, the only way all the changes the devs made to PvP makes sense is if the master plan was to destroy PvP
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

I still need the 1v1 lair win for HT feat. :(
    • Like x 1
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The Lair battle feat doesn't have to be done in 1v1, and it doesn't have to be done in Arena. Last week Lair battles were 1v1 and 2v2 on Legends, you could have progressed the feat with either of these.
  16. Echephyle New Player

Lair battles 2v2 is in for arenas on usps. I don't know what the op is talking about, unless the map rotation is different for each server, which wouldn't make sense.

They're not putting in 1v1 lairs probably to keep people from farming losses. It was an exploit that got people geared very quickly by queing, watching tv or making a sandwich, coming back, reque. Rinse and repeat.
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Queue's took much longer back when they did that. Much, much longer. So no, they shouldn't.
  18. DC-Doll New Player

They BETTER put back 1v1 lair battles. 2v2 is a joke. I hate relying on pugs, getting a partner for it is almost impossible and tbh, all it is is a pissing match for people with group shields vs people without group shields.

In that case, I'm done bothering. The map is a joke.
    • Like x 2
  19. Skylez New Player

I just want lair battles back, to be honest they were the fastest way to get marks, and I still need some for my healer set..
    • Like x 1
  20. X-zero Loyal Player

It really feels like 1vs1 lair battle was taking out of rotation. And not just talking about this game but in anything 1vs1 king of the hill isn't very appealing.

In fighting games where it usually 1vs1 usually it is best out of 3 and in some newer cases best out of 5 (Lair battles fit in well here). After killing someone for the 5th+ time in the Batcave, it makes you think why must I continue to beat a person who has no chance but a never say die will.
    • Like x 3