No Modding Epidemic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Celestial Thor, Oct 17, 2015.

1. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I've only modded the crit affinity slots on any toon and only with betas there's very little boost from fully modding gear, so small that I could actually not have modded at all and never seen the difference. OP what you are saying is unnecessary. I'm sorry kicking people who aren't modded is selfish and childish. If I focused more on trying to beat unholy I could with or without mods, but since I have limited play time since I work midnight shift yea I'm not wasting time on any big permanent mods. So yup kick me, I'll find a group that will accept me.
    • Like x 6
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

How about a 131 unmodded electricity doubling the damage of a modded 140cr sorcery in Bombshell Paradox.

Mods don't make up for just being bad, they only give an edge against your peers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Same. Just unlock those affinity bonuses and you'll be good. When you keep in mind the stats you get from the trinket and Sodas, Mods have a small impact compared to the stat soda and trinket. Even the trinket surpasses the resto given by most end content mods. I'm not absolutely sure though
    • Like x 4
  4. Graviton Well-Known Player

Depends on role and sp. Try running UM with an unmodded healer or troll who has less than 100 sp .
  5. Saami Loyal Player

Personally i mod elite gear wit hbest mods and rest with beta. Works fine for me.
    • Like x 3
  6. Graviton Well-Known Player

.....and out burning someone don't make them bad. I'm HL and out burn Ice dps's tons. They have more burn but are prone to dying more being up so close, meanwhile my weaker burn is getting more hits hiding in the back while shielded . Another example would be a 100 cr with higher damage than a 142 cr . In a duo a cr 100 ice will steal kills from a cr 142 quantum waiting on his time bomb to explode ,in the right content......no matter the burn , some moves and powers are slower.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

I agree with you about modding not being that big of a deal for completing content (min/maxing is different of course) but I wouldn't call mods insignificant compared to colas. For instance, the precision cola gives like 950 precision but modding prec-prec/health-prec/power gives 836 precision. The cola is more but it is temporary, which needs to be factored in if players intend to constantly pop colas.
    • Like x 2
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Lets start with Regular Mods that require exobits, focusing elements, simple and complex materials along with the right recipes to craft a mod that will actually help my role. YOUR time is precious? But I'm supposed to spend hours roaming around Gotham and Metropolis hunting for glowing little rainbows that hum? Or sped a fortune on the broker buying them from someone else when the things BARELY make a difference these days? And you talking about modding gear for END GAME?

Seconded! I am not going to spend hours I could be using to run missions and earn marks to put high tier mods into JUNK 112 CR armor or even the higher stuff that drops when 2 months later I'll have to do it all over again...

Synthetics? Forget it. 5 marks a piece and 10 pieces of armor to mod = 50 marks that's amounts to not buying a CR 124 mask and necklace right now so I can up my stats a little? So I guess the question is do you want a CR 139 or a CR 140 on your team? Since CR is the BIG factor in overall stats .. I want the 140. Now lets add to that 50 mark total .. Now, thanks to GU 47, I need to obtain 10 marks every 60 days to keep all 4 utility belt slots open. Lair powers? Just to open Backup, orbital strike and supply drop to Tier 2 costs 150 marks and then to open them all to Tier 3 runs another 21 marks every 60 days. There are no more MOTs to buy stuff like that anymore so it all comes out of the same pot as the marks I need for new gear. And you want players to toss away another 30-30 marks a month to replace synthetic mods every time a new episode begins and we get between 4 and 6 new pieces of gear?

LAIR mods.. okay its possible to get most of these to 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3 with out paying for them as they drop during missions but see here's the thing .. These days there are team leaders looking for Tank with a DPS armory and I was even on a team where the leader was looking for a Troll with a DPS armory. Didn't find one so we went with one TROLL.. ME. The thing is unlike armor mods you can't switch generator mods and save them for each ROLE... Now my Troll is CR 137 and I have those mods set to benefit my troll which means Increases in Vit and Dom. Now the other two rows are set to add health and power, and Might and some precision but I can't change those .. so when I change over to the 135 DPS side that middle row is NOT a lot of help. And since my Generator isn't inspectable how would you or anyone else know if I had ANYTHING slotted there?

Your letting things that only affect abilities a tiny bit try to run how people play the game. Hey You don't want my CR 137 healer on your team because I only have T 1 mods slotted fine.. You stand around kicking players for half an hour to you find what you LIKE .. in the mean time I can get TWO teams through DC(N) and be looking to recruit for the third. If TIME is so precious to you why do you set such ridiculously high standards that prevent a ton of players from joining your teams? Do the math.. it might take say 3-5 more minutes to complete say a DC (n) with DPS with no mods slotted.. But it took you 25 minutes to actually build a team with mods while I can build one in 5. Seems like you just wasted about 20 minutes to me.
    • Like x 4
  9. X-zero Loyal Player

Only the chest, legs, head, and shoulders are useful on dps, controller, and healers. The boost in the actual stats if your cr remands the same isn't that great if you are a dps so you can use alphas or betas. All tank affinities are worthless. Controllers and healers are the only two were the actual main stats are still useful with the cr system. Since it mainly affects damage received and dealt.

The reason why the mods doesn't count for cr is so people can't use clever calculation and hold at useful numbers. Remember when people were trying to hold at 116. Imagine if mods counted for cr you could by all the vender gear and farm all t6 and t7 and stay under 116 by not using high level mods.
    • Like x 2
  10. Graviton Well-Known Player

Amen . Sometimes that's the difference between completing content smoothly , and completing content while needing tylenol and a drink.
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

If your group is failing because they aren't modded correctly, then your group is full of terrible players. Mods are always and will most likely always be an optional extra. They cherry on a Bakewell.

I'm not against R&D improvements, though. I love crafting in all video games. Whether it's your own army in Command and Conquer, your own hospital in Theme Hospital, your own base in Ark: Survival Evolved, it doesn't matter, I love it. I would love to see R&D improved and expanded upon.

Unfortunately, it's one of those things where it's gonna take a lot of development time and therefore money to do, which means that it's probably not high priority, much like the new UI.
    • Like x 4
  12. Proto1118 Committed Player

Mods need to matter again. The CR increase was a good way to make them useful but now since they don't increase CR, the devs need to find a way make them important again. Also use less exobytes.
    I still use Synthetics because I like the stat increase even though CR trumps everything right now.
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

4 me as long as we have a lottery and 3 month turn over its betas 4 life and yea I beat everything just fine. Even on my alts with 100 skill points
  14. Controller Devoted Player

Those who don't mod fail to realize that these mods - even the basic "Alpha Mods" give important bonuses to your toon.

For me as a Controller, it gives the potential for up to 25% more power out bursts. I'm certain the effects are similar for Tanks, dps's and Healers (25% more dmg, more critical healing, etc).

There is really no reason at all why players can't spend a few marks (literally) to place a simple "A" mod in your slots - even if you're only going to wear that gear for a short time.
  15. Graviton Well-Known Player

To each his own , and there are tons of factors .If I see someone lfg with a weaker power (electric for example), low sp , and unmodded.....then I see someone LFG with a better power, twice the skill points and they include fully modded in their lfg , you can imagine who is getting the invite.
    • Like x 1
  16. Celestial Thor Well-Known Player

I wonder, are those saying that they are able to get through content with the lack of modding are doing so because the rest of the members in your group are modded?

This is a team game and although most posts I have read here claim to have beaten the alerts or raids keep in mind your not doing it on your own and have others to thank for it. A team is only as good as its weakest link. I am just saying that one member can make or break a run if not playing properly, this includes having affinities from your gear mods, base mods for your weapon, back, neck, chest, hands, feet, generator mods, supply drop, orbital strike, maximizing SP and specing properly, popping colas. All of the aforementioned items should not be seen as luxury but rather as necessities.

Whether or not you choose to do it is your prerogative, but do not cloud the new class of players into thinking that it is not necessary.
    • Like x 1
  17. Veritasum Loyal Player

Absolutely. And props to the electricity person.
    All things being equal, I'll take mods over no mods. But it's definitely not the definitive factor to completing content.
    • Like x 4
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

Fair counter id give u points for except this pesky max cr vs needed cr. Needed well has allowed some cream puff content to roll out. Dc elite if u can que in ill run with u. U ever run 5 dps cause groups carrying players then also. Happens all the time. ALL the time
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

I think it's lazy when people don't at least put in an alpha or beta mod. They're essentially free, just a small amount of cash, and they get you the affinity bonus.

But if you're talking real mods or synthetic mods... nah, too expensive for too little benefit. Especially since recovery kits don't drop in T7...

And you can't expect everyone to have the white base mods. They may be premium and may not own the base stuff.
    • Like x 4
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Mods only matter if you are not one of the OP powers. As my new earth toon....I was out dpsing people fully vii modded over 200sp and 10-15 Cr higher...and I have no mods and 59sp at the time.....no need for mods in that situation....made me feel bad for those fully modded players.
    • Like x 1