"NINJA NERFS" Don't exist......!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OldmanJoe, May 19, 2015.

1. jedirobb Well-Known Player

I am not sure I follow you?
  2. Larzhino Developer

The Max damage bug should be fixed internally now. I *think* it made the next hotfix not 100% certain though.

Yeah its not all there yet, had to redo some guts to allow for it. Soon(tm)!
    • Like x 16
  3. tinoman Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I think he is saying, imagine, in the middle of a raid, if all Troll powered dps changed armories and switched to troll and threw p0t then switched back to DPS to continue damage
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Which would be pointless since PoT constantly scales off your current not the initial Vit.
    If you switched to troll gear and activated PoT then switched to DPS the PoT you are getting will scale off the amount of Vit in the DPS set.
    • Like x 4
  6. generalzod Committed Player

Did this correct the damage to quantum and mental ! Are they back too were they were first Intendant ? And so is nature and electric getting a revamp with the dots/hots then ?
  7. Gwalir Loyal Player

Don't Armories take awhile to cool down in-combat?

If a DPS tried that in the middle of combat, he'd have to stay a Controller for around 15 minutes I believe.
  8. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Aren't they reducing that cool down to 5 mins?
  9. Snix Dedicated Player

It'll be 5 minutes after GU48 if I recall correctly.
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Would be before begin the raid. For example, you're a damager with your group in NGN, switch to troll, active your PoT and then switch to damager and begin to attack the adds. But anyone could question: Wouldn't be pointless as when you switch to damager your vit go down? The answer is no. Because even your vit go down and your vit be more or less 2k, you're helping the troll giving energy and in the same time do your function, I.e, damaging the enemy. In the end, we come back exactly to the 5-1-1-1 or even a 6-1-1 IF the overwriting is canceled.
  11. Snix Dedicated Player

Stacking PoT won't be a big thing since Solo Trolling and Trolling in general is way easier than before.
  12. Larzhino Developer

I dunno! Those are really Tunso questions. Ill let him clarify.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Nature healing has three mechanics going for it.

Primary Healing Effects
    • Short Sustained Healing: Savage Growth and Metabolism
    • Cast Time Burst Healing: Bloom
    • Wave Healing: Cross Pollination
    • Single Target: Blossom
    Healing Over Time
    • Savage Growth, Metabolism, Bloom/Cross Pollination, and Harvest
      • Each tick slowly for [1-3] base healing for a total of up to [4-12]
    Power Interaction Healing
    • Pheromone Bursting: Harvest and Blossom
    • Bug Form Power Back: Power back in bug form for all heals and shields while Harvest is active
    The HoTs are not what makes Nature strong. That's one of those urban legends that keep getting passed down from players that don't know how Nature works. Sorcery has better HoT than Nature. One Circle of Protection puts out the equivalent amount of HoT as stacking all four pheromones (and most only stack three). That's before even dropping a Soul Well and potentially the Watcher.

What makes Nature strong is the versatility of its primary healing effects and the power of the PI. The power back is nice for those that use it but it is hardly necessary. I never run in bug form and I don't have a problem with power ever. If this change makes two Nature healers stronger, it's mostly going to be because one won't need to worry about the other casting Blossom too often.

While I don't want to be punished for running two Nature, I would still prefer a different powerset just for the diversity. All the versatility of Nature compliements extremely well with a power like Electric and their safety nets (something Nature doesn't have but benefits from having in the group with it). Plus most groups only want one healer now anyway. HoTs already stack today. This is just making sure two players don't overwrite. It makes no difference for solo healing at all.

TL;DR
    I wouldn't get ahead of myself thinking RIP to other powersets.
    • Like x 5
  14. generalzod Committed Player

Ok thanks I'll wait for a response from him .
    Or I'm sure there will be a update on hotfix .
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

What are the symptoms of this problem? what difference will we see after it is fixed?
  16. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I am not sure Mental was affected by the Max Damage bug. Testing, it only gave about a 30-35% increase in damage compared to Quantum's ~100% increase.

The Mass Levitation portion of Mental is working in line with other power sets at range. Up close, Mass Terror is hitting 33% higher than it should be based on my tests.

Mass Levitation up close seems to be 25% stronger than it should be.
    • Like x 1
  18. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Since the devs are in the process of looking at Mental and Quantum, at the end of whatver you guys are doing, please make Mental do more damage than Quantum VS the dummies at least.
    We all know that the usability/flexibility of Quantum is leaps and bounds above Mental's, it only makes sense that Mental (on a standing dummy) does more damage than Quantum
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Are you talking about the area of effect for Quantum, or is there more to what you mean by the above? I know Mental's attack is in a cone directed forward whereas Quantum has the advantage that its Time Bomb explodes omnidirectional, taking out enemies both in front of a player and behind.
  20. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Didn't even know that lol. 1 more point to Quantum.
    talking about how Time Bomb is a melee finisher, long-range finisher, power back mechanic.
    Mental has 3 separate powers to function as a melee finisher, long-range finisher, power back mechanic.
    Quantum is a 1 2 3 4 mechanic, while mental is a 1 2 3 4 5 mechanic as we need to start with Psychic Resonance to start the cycle. Thus being interrupted is an even bigger hassle than it is for Quantum.
    Quantum also only needs 4 power slots, while Mental ALWAYS needs 5 power slots, 6 if you want a Melee and Long-range finisher.
    • Like x 2
  21. Madddog New Player

DEVS I could not find it anywhere so I am posting it here but a TOTAL RECOVERY kit is only giving 18 bytes back from a t7 mod that took 21 bytes to make. Please fix this ASAP as I lost over a dozen bytes not paying attention to this being broken.
    • Like x 2