Next DCUO Saga: ZERO HOUR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MightyHornet, Jul 9, 2023.

1. MightyHornet Well-Known Player

I was just doing some more thinking about other events that daybreak could adapt for DCUO. I think the Zero Hour saga would be a great fit as it ties in multiple characters and stories together and would make for a great 3 to 4 DLC story arch. It also gives, a lot of wiggle room for boss fights, as the villains and heroes teamed up together to take down Hal Jordan, Extant, and others. I think introducing Waverider would be awesome gateway to more story telling and DLC’s down the road. What are your thoughts?

“Zero Hour was a crossover event that took place in 1994, intended to deal with numerous possible futures and alternate timelines in the same way the earlier Crisis on Infinite Earths had dealt with alternate realities. The main storyline featured the destruction of the timestream by the efforts of Parallax (Hal Jordan), attempting to restructure the universe and correct things that he perceived to be wrong. Another supervillain, Extant, took advantage of the chaos and tried to use it to recreate the world in his own image. The leader of the fight against them was Waverider of the Linear Men. The conflict resulted in an entirely new Big Bang, which rebooted the entire DC Universe with subtle differences. This served as an opportunity to clear up continuity problems, and fix plot elements and pieces of history that no longer worked well.” (Wikipedia)
    • Like x 1
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

Much as I like multi-Episode Content, I prefer them to be split up over time - along the Lines of AF I-III - because Metal (and the ubiquitous Dark Knights) got very samey very quickly.

This doesn't seem to be a storyline that could fit that structure, and would be a huge commitment in a direction that could turn sour with no way to turn around, and no option other than to soldier on through it.

I like the idea a lot, but I'm not sure how they might be able to execute it without cutting it down in scope?
    • Like x 1
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

personally, I'd rather we lay off the multi-part sagas for a while, & get a few stand-alone episodes instead. maybe down the line we could get a Zero Hour, but I'm still holding out for my Doom Patrol episode first.
    • Like x 2
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Hell. Yes.
    • Like x 1
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

In fact...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ah!!! You hacked the forums! :D
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it would all depend on how strict DC and/or the devs decided to be about the story timeline for us. Yes, we are our own little part of the multiverse and all, but the game starts us off well after the Zero Hour event. During the Lair of the Spectre mission, Hal mentions being a host for the Spectre before, which happened after the Final Night story. So going by that, Hal's already been Parallax, died, become the Spectre, been redeemed and returned to life.

I guess they could use the Zero Hour title and do something unique in the game with it, but it's not tough to imagine either the devs or DC themselves deciding we've already moved past that event and probably wouldn't see anything from the original story itself.
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

On the other hand, We got "The Death of Superman," which was from 1993 -- 2 years before Zero Hour came out. If they really wanted to, I'm sure they could adapt Zero Hour. ZH wasn't my favorite, but then I'm kind'a burned out on massive crossover events (thanks, DC, for deciding everything has to be a massive, universe-ending, crossover event).