New weapon instead #StatsMatter

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by VioletSorceress, Aug 27, 2016.

1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

So I think getting New weapon type with all the new Crit innates and stuff that go with it will be better than going back to the old Stats matter thing.

CR Differential could work a lot better with more Crit % and #GetOFFlatBonuses.

This seems like a good time to discuss this before Devs lose another 12 months with something we might not need at all.

Instead wasting time to bring back something old, work on a new weapon and get rid of flat stats Iconic Innate powers or rework bottom SP bricks with additional Crit % innates. For example getting each bottom brick x3 can grand additional 1% crit damage magnitude/heal/power heal.
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Why not both?
  3. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

CR differential created a big problem whereby you skill was made more or less redundant and CR became the primary determinant of your combat capabilities. If you do not know this, then, perhaps you have more to know about this game and if you do know this and still want to keep CR differential, then you are an enemy to this game.
    • Like x 1
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Cause Mid range update alone took 1 year and is still not finished with 4 powers to go. It started around september 2015. Who knows how much time both are gonna take.

Skills have never been redundant. You cant finish raids without situational awareness and atleast minimal knowledge of game game mechanics. The only problem I see with CR differential is that people with same gear but different amount of SP are doing about the same damage. If we get rid of most flat stat iconics and get more Crit % bonuses from SP this will change.

I dont know how much you remember but we always needed latest set of gear and unlike now we had to be fully modded to be effective in end game. CR differential only made modding redundant but there is a way around this as well.
  5. Gwalir Loyal Player

As it is now, I'd say over 90% of our potential damage/power/healing comes from our gear. Even changing Crits to percentages would still rely on the stats that we gain from our gear to get their increases.

Personally, I'd rather have Stats Matter occur. It's never seemed right to me that the majority of our progression is, and has always been, tied so much to our gear. Outside of some Tech based ones, most superheroes' strength does not come from their gear in the comics after all.
    • Like x 3
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

noooooooo.

please I love DCUO so hurry up and remove CR differential.

No amount of crit percentage is going to fix this broken system, infact it would probably make it worse
    • Like x 1
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Progression has always been tied with Combat Rating and gear. People have always been picked or not picked for raids based on gear and CR. The only difference between now and then is that in the past we needed mods to gain maximum CR.

Id like to see how people will like constant need to be full modded all the time and the new need to buy Total Recovery kits when Stats Matter happen! The whole thing will back fire at us in a big way...
  8. Gwalir Loyal Player

I know that progression has always been tied with our gear. That's why I said "the majority of our progression is, and has always been, tied so much to our gear".

However, mods isn't the only thing that has changed from the CR differential. Before it, few were able to defeat a Raid by themselves even if they were overgeared for it by two or more Tiers. Deathmike's the only one I can think of. Since the differential has been changed though, I have seen A LOT more people mention they have been able to do that very thing. You could be specced for your off-role, and yet as long as your geared enough, you could beat almost anything as long as your gear is high enough.

As for the need to be fully modded, it wasn't really required back then either. I'd say 9 out of 10 Raids I did with my non-fully modded alts I was never kicked. Sure, there will be some that feel that is necessary, but there are some now who do as well, so I personally think it's gonna happen either way.
    • Like x 1
  9. metalfenix Committed Player

No. CR differential has to go.
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry, but the CR system does need to go indeed.

I can't even Run any T5 Alerts anymore on my cr 114 toon, because all the 94 cr adds keep killing me.
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Ironically CR differential works best with flat (linear) stats and innates. A fixed number of % based stats (like crits now) could work with any system and converting all innates to % based would break both linear and exponential stat systems.
    • Like x 1
  12. Roocck Committed Player

This wouldn't be a bad idea. I would rather try something else new before cr removal. CR differential hasn't happened yet and people are down talking others because of their sp, imaging when #statmatters# comes in play.... people not getting invited to groups, people getting kicked, people wont be able to do much people because sp being to low ....etc... so I say keep cr differential and try something else.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

If They keep CR Differential in the game there will be a lot of Us Veteran Players Who have taken a break never coming back.
  14. Roocck Committed Player

These are the ones that so called support the devs and DCUO, but yet threatens to quit just because they dont get there ways. There are veteran players that also support cr differential. I really don't care what rout they take, ill stick around to see what happens after they decide on what they are going to do, I'll stick around and try it out, If I don't like it I'll go.... Even though I would like for the devs to take a different approach and find a different solution before they completely decide to remove cr differential.
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

These are the so called ones that spent thousands of dollars yearly supporting the game and tried to get the Devs/CEOatthetime not to do it in the 1st place.

You should look around the forums a bit more because most Veterans that have left didn't threaten to quit, They just left without a word.

F.Y.I. There are probably as many if not more F2P/premium players that have threatened to quit that aren't considered to be a Veteran just because the didn't get Their way as well.
  16. Roocck Committed Player

Oh my everyone get out the way of the big spender (the one and only big spender in dcuo). I have read alot of forums where Veterans and noobies are always complaining, believe me, I was one of those that complained all the time when there were changes made because know you have to adapt to new ways, but in all honesty DCUO will continue being an MMO game with or without you aboard. I am sure you'll be missed for a bit but forgotten like all the other veterans that left without a word. New comers will always be joining and will always be welcomed.
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

Nice try but You used a hook with no bait on it.

I never said I paid that much.

You lumped ALL of the VET players together and I just reworded YOUR statement.

I am sure I am not missed at all and will not be losing any sleep over the "newcomers" that might join.

Look at all those Who joined when DC hit XBOX1, now look at ALL those XBOX1 players who left because of the same issues PS/PC complained about were given to Them as well. Not even a year in and XBOX1 still has lag and connection issues AFTER They put new servers in place.

Tell You what You can have the last word so You can feel as if You won but actually didn't.
  18. krytine Loyal Player

No oh heaall no make the game about stats and customize your toons the way we want like the game was meant to be.
    • Like x 1
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

We will lose few months in development then fixing bugs about stats matter thing and we wont get exactly what we want cause gear is always going to be the most important. People are still going to be picked up for instances based at CR and not stats. It has been like that since the game exists even when stats used to matter.

A new weapon with all the new SP and innates would be much better. Also reworking Skill Points and Iconic powers would be much better spent time than bringing back something old. We are replacing one flawed system with another flawed system, nothing is or will ever be perfect!

When we get the actual stats matter update and everybody is disappointed remember this thread. :p
  20. krytine Loyal Player

I can't remember exactly which dev had said it but it was also touched on the subject of revamping or something to the trees. Now skill points will alter what you stats are so the will help. Now the cr will just blanket coverage of where someone is at. You will be able to increase your survivability or additional damage or to relieve better heals or what ever yes gear will give you the bulk of your stats but with skill points and mods you will be able to achieve stats close to the next tier so you will have better numbers so an average player can raise their abilities to ab better play style a good player will better and so on and so on. It doesn't mean if I have 250sp that I will be better then anyone just means I will be better then before