NEW! Volcano Lair Hideout & How to Get It

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 8
  2. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Thanks for this heads up and showing it.

**thinks which toon to have wait for it**
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

thanks mate ;)
  4. Stardazer Committed Player

I just ran the solo and did the other feat defeating 63 HIVE members. I thought it was a countdown to kick me out, so I got my feat and left just before it ended. :p Thanks for posting! Will do it again and wait this time. Haha.
  5. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Unless I'm mistaken, they'll all have to if they want it - the feat seems to come from collecting the lair from your inventory, not the other way around. Looks like you can't have one character do it, and then unlock the feat to get the lair quicker on others.
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I did it this morning, I can't imagine people who plays with 16 characters or more
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The bigger issue for me now is that I am drastically short on the Lava base items from the Anniversary Event and no one runs the old flash duo for the fire signs. So I now have this great Volcano hideout that will be hard pressed to decorate properly :(
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I understand people say get the 63 feat etc etc... but I see the risk dcing or internet going out. I have comcast/xfinity, there are times it will just go out and never know when it's going to happen. I think last week 5-6 days, I kept losing internet multiple times a day. It always happen every so often
    • Like x 1
  9. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

At that point have you complained to your ISP?
  10. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Thanks for the extra clarification :), but I'm not concerned about the feat (**is not a feat hunter**) or getting the lair on all my toons. I just plan on only waiting 30 min for my toons that might use the lair at some point.

I do have 17 toons that I play with varying levels of frequency (and varied powers/styles/themes). I got it for my main and my fire alt already, but I'm debating on a few others.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is it really only dive size?
    • Like x 1
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Man I stood there waiting and go t disconnected for inactivity. Why wouldn't you all disable that while in this particular instance? Now I have to waste more time :rolleyes:
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I have YET to try for this..

1. From the video it is definitely a Dive sized lair. OMG come on I am supposed to stand around for 30 minutes to get access to a tiny lair like that? At best I could see using that as a 2nd or even 3rd lair when larger ones had no more room for furniture.

2.. Quick history lesson.. Remember when they first introduced Oni Synn as a bounty in Thanager and the amount of player her ON THESE FORUMS complaining because having two bounties sharing the same spawn point meant it took much longer because yo9u had to wait. Well that was for an armor drop along with 8 source marks and 8 Thanagrian coins and there was no where near a 30 minute span between spawn. OUR Dev team took all that complaining and turned right around of the very next DLC and created a situation where the ONLY way to get a reward along with the Feat associated with it means standing around doing nothing for half an hour?

3. I can not think of an ALT I own that would have the lair as a base. Closest would be my Atomic Dps/Tank. Maybe if I created a Fire Tank? Had one but lost interest in using it and it got deleted. YEAH I'm going to create a Alt just to have one that the lair works with. LOL

Now on the PLUS side I do like that view out the window. But I just can not see myself standing around inside a mission I have finished for half an hour to get a new lair style. And let's keep in mind I am retired and could play all day if my schedule is clear. Lots of players only get a couple hours a day.. or even a couple hours a week to play. YEAH those guys really want to waste half the time they may have to play that day standing around doing nothing after earning 1 Source Mark, 1 Lex Coin and a couple armor drops.

May want to reconsider ever doing something like this again DEVS. o_O<---- totally confused by the logic that was used making THIS decision
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, it is.

I have 25 characters, but only one would use this theme. So I got it with him, and will simply buy the feat on the others.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so as mentioned I am retired and under strict Quarantine anyway so I grabbed my Earth DPS/Tank whose armor is Thanagarian based anyway and established Lair TWO in Gotham using the NEWLY obtained Volcano theme.

It is most definitely Dive sized

Love the huge window looking out into the insides of the Volcano and used up some furniture I didn't have room for in BASE 1.

Now Stardazer had a great idea.... I finished the mission and the counter started. Then I made three trips up and down the floors of the tower defeated the Hive forces that showed up .. Helped kill the time and I got the Feat for defeating 63 PLUS the feat for being a Clock Watcher and hanging around for the full time.

Ahhh other piece of Info I will pass along. I figured if I was going to be in there that long I'd make life as easy as possible so I ran the "event" mission not the regular. .. and guess what? Yep the feat for knocking out 63 Hive troops and the one for clock watching count in both the event and the Regular mission. My CR 293 has a lot of fun bashing Hive troops silly .LOL

Now the armor was only good for salvage but I still got my LexCoin along added Nth Metal.

No way I do that on all my ALTS but my advice is to pick the ALT you want to have that lair go do it. Lair looks cool :cool:
    • Like x 1
  16. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Easy, I'll just do one a day until all of them are done and have it. No need to do a 30 min exercise on all 17 of my characters all at once all day long.
    • Like x 2
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmmm That's a good idea. I have 8 alts I am playing now so in another week doing1 per day all will have the two feats and the free lair style.
    • Like x 1
  18. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Sorry, won't work - unlocking the feat doesn't give you the lair (was pretty sure but also tried it to check). The lair pops straight into your inventory from turning the "teleporter" cog (not by mail), and the feat comes when you collect the lair in your inventory after (not for waiting 30 mins). Each character that wants the lair needs to do the solo and wait.
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I think you misunderstood. I'm not interested in the lair for most of my characters. Only got one that I'd consider using it on. So I got the lair with him, and the feat. Now I'll just buy the feat with Replays for all the others. No need to wait 30 minutes for anybody except that first character. So it works perfectly for that. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Unfortunately yes. I got it earlier, expecting it to be a larger theme, was disappointed, but it's still cool.