New to DC Online

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SaberCodeRed80, May 15, 2020.

1. SaberCodeRed80 New Player

Is it worth buying a bundle ? I'm going back and forth with it. Will I have immediate access to make my existing character more powerful? I'm only a level 17 and enjoy playing the game. I just noticed there are so many people playing with much higher levels.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Buying a sub later on around CR 43 would be better.
    • Like x 2
  3. Legasei Well-Known Player

Hold off on subbing for now. Take your time. Learn the ins and outs first. After level 30, your progression will depend heavily on others. So I suggest not subbing until you find an active and supportive league.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

With all the episodes (except a couple I think) being open and free right now, take advantage to get as high as possible without subbing. Once you reach a point where you feel you must sub in order to survive content, that's when you sub.

Also, make sure you work on skill points on the way. They are more important than most realize. On an equal gear setup, 500sp makes a massive difference compared to 100sp.
  5. L T Devoted Player

they frequently go on sale during the summer time. Sadly, buying the episodes piecemeal instead of subscribing results in a mostly broken game experience at later levels. Not being able to use the broker to complete things is big handicap, and you miss out on quite a bit because of that.

If you do buy a bundle, you'll want to make sure it includes lairs and utility belts -- those have become a very big part of the game.
    • Like x 1
  6. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I would suggest subbing for 1 month.
    -Just the daily Vault and Stabilizer event alone at your level is worth it. The Vault gives Nth Metal, a source mark and piece of gear. The Stab event gives Stabilizer fragments, after so many fragments you get a Stabilizer to open Time Capsules
    -No cash limit, the benefits are too long to list
    -All Episodes or DLCs
    -Bag and bank space, more important than most realize
    -I know I forgot a few

If you enjoy playing the game, take the next step and see everything it has to offer. There's ways around the restrictions of not being Legendary but if you can afford to sub, avoid those hassles.
  7. Eve YouTuber

The bundles are honestly pure cosmetics. The Batman trinket is not helpful at all, just a nice thing to have.
    I'd suggest finishing leveling to level 30 and experience the game first. Then I suggest subbing and start doing On Duty content.
    See how you manage to work in group, and how you manage harder solos on your own. Welcome to DCUO, btw.
    And if you need there are plenty of websites to help you with feats and such like DCUO Bloguide, DCUO Wiki, etc.
    There's a lot of helpful information there!
    • Like x 1