New single player content idea: boss challenges

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I have been thinking for some time about a new game mode, it would be a solo instance and inspired by a raid type instance.

The idea would be to have a boss to confront as a solo player in an arena-like content, it would be an iconic boss that would be changed every week, for example a week could be Bane, the following week it could be Freeze, then Lex Luthor etc. boss ideas for this mode do not fail, see why not imagine bosses never to confront in DCUO? so the idea of operating this type of content would work in the same mindset as the FFE raid to which we return Brainiac and, where, the one behaves of several levels.

The boss would have a system of palliation, each palliation of the boss pass, the difficulty of the boss would increase, the change of palliation could be done by a very dangerous super attack, which could subsequently put the boss to sleep while we can choose our loot, or else, make an automatic receiving loot (?) at the same time, a message will indicate that the boss increases in difficulty, this in order not to surprise the player, moreover, the menu of this instance, will have to explain well the functioning of this type of content.

As said, this mode will be seen as a weekly content with a new boss to meet every week.

The difficulty.

The difficulty of the boss could go from the beginner, normal, up to elite level, see elite+ each pallier would give rewards, the reward spoils should work as with the functioning of the existing instances today in DCUO and thus, be proportional to the different levels of difficulty. Moreover, this new mode could also be seen as instructive content to new players, it would allow new players to learn the different levels of difficulty that can be encountered today in DC Universe Online instances.

The rewards of this world.

Rewards must match a normal raid loot to elite raid or slightly lower than 8-player raid content. We could imagine as rewards source marks of course, but here I would see, I would see more rewards revolving around materials concerning artifacts and allies, so we could win NTH, artifact catalysts, allies catalysts still difficult or expensive to obtain nowadays, which would help a lot for the last levels of allies to pass, see why not, imagine basic objects on the theme of the boss encountered.

It would be a kind of boss of challenges to do every week. Players often ask for more solo content, this could be one, in addition to being instructive content to learn the different levels of content for those who dare not yet take the step of difficult content in DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Sounds like a single player stabilizer mission, with increasing difficulty versions.

Can’t you just run solo missions? Or the elite version of solo missions? Weekly content drops have never been a thing…so they’d probably have to batch create them and add them together to an update (monthly/bimonthly).

I mean they could do this…I just don’t see a reason to or anything that would make this super unique or exciting…and definitely don’t see them making money off this.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah but elite solos (at least the ones we've seen) are not what I personally consider as remotely difficult. Take the current elite solo for example, the mobs in the hallways are more challenging than the bosses. Scarlet Speedster overall was a better challenge than any elite solo I've been in.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tolly Committed Player

The idea here is to offer new content to the single-player game as well as to offer a "learning" side for all difficulty levels that can exist on DCUO. As for the current single player instance, it's frankly not very interesting...