New PVP Season Where Art Thou?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Benn 10, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Benn 10 Committed Player

I'm not totally oblivious to the current state of PVP in this game. The PVP community is like a lost civilization lost in time. Lol but that doesn't mean that content should stop being added to it. I haven't heard a mere mention of anything PVP related in some time now. What's up with that?
    • Like x 1
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

What's this pvp you speak of?

(But really, i'd like to see more pvp movement as well, regardless of my not-so-big enthusiasm for pvp)
    • Like x 1
  3. Benn 10 Committed Player

Re
    Lol I know right? It's like an ancient language on the dead sea scrolls or something. Lol but progression is def key.
    • Like x 2
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

אנחנו עדיין משתמשים בשפה הזו, אגב.

We're still using Hebrew, but I don't know if PvP will be as lucky :p
    • Like x 4
  5. Benn 10 Committed Player

Lol
  6. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Whereabouts of PvP you say? Some people argue this.
    [IMG]

Hopefully we get something, well anything really.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Don't worry man. I recently heard that an employee is spending one Saturday every 8 months or so to help with PVP. It will be fixed soon. :D

All joking aside, all anyone can do at this point is just sit back and wait because PVP doesn't seem to be a focus point at all for the Devs.
    • Like x 6
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It's coming soon
  9. Power Girl Well-Known Player

I still beat that dead horse with a stick every once and a while, but it'd be great to see it again. Alive. You know? I kind of miss it.
  10. Lionxoft Committed Player

Daybreak has absolutely no clue how to run an MMO. That's what happened to the new PvP season. They have added more to the cash shop than updated their actual game in this mode. Their priorities are misplaced as an organization.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

Forget just a PvP season, I'm wanting another PvP DLC. Show love to the 20% of the DCUO community that is tired of recycled PvE content (case in point... BDay = slightly harder A&B).
  12. Volkenraider Loyal Player

They said they wouldnt do a PVP DLC, Last Laugh was their lowest selling DLC (or one of). Apparently too much of the community was excluded, as you mentioned you neglect a lot of people.

At this point not much can be done without a big overhaul which I doubt will happen. I really wish I can be proven wrong
  13. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

Well I read that PvP isn't being looked at because apparently it makes no money. Not even slightly true. PvP in fact DOES make the game money. What the devs probably don't realize is there WAS a PvP community that only played this game to PvP. Those players played PvE only for skill points to improve their performance in arenas. Completely ignoring PvP and leaving it the mess that it is drove those players/leagues away from the game which resulted in loss of subs, power token, & replay badge sales. So yes PvP does bring make this game money. It's been said that they also don't currently have the resources for PvP atm. I don't know what that "resource" is but if its money they're' talking then maybe they should quit putting out terrible updates that keep driving subs away instead of actually keeping them around. (ex. gu36, 41, 47)
  14. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

No you're absolutely right. It is the silent minority that wants more PvP stuff :/

They way they COULD fix this is to offer a reward system like they do in PvE, where you could decide your reward. Then PvE players who were done with their daily and weekly PvE mark earning could do PvP to earn a few extra Marks of Victory, while the PvP players now have a higher audience to slaughter fight.

Win-win. :D
    • Like x 2
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I really would like loot to be dropped in PvP again and would love to decide my reward.
    +1 Chiroptera

Marks of Victory and Valor could be used in Open World.
    I would like that a lot.
    Adding Open World operations that require fighting villains would be a blast.
    Allowing Entrance to the villain and hero safehouses for both factions would be good too.

I wish they did another PvP DLC.
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It'll be nice to have abit more customisation also,

PvP exclusive white Mods available to F2P also, Pet a Trinkets, Damage/Stun Consumables (They were fun back in the day, and are useless atm), costume trinkets and consumables should be allowed again also.

Bring back the role gear sets! Add 3 faction fights, PvP arena boss fights, leader boards, etc.
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I'm not a hardcore pvp player and even I have to admit that something needs to be done about it. They need to stop listening to the groups they have been in the past that's the number one pvp problem.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

The problem with Last Laugh wasn't that it was a PVP DLC, it was that much of what they added was just stupid. (Home Turf, poorly designed maps, and replay badge gear just to name a few.) I get they were going for the whole GW2 thing, but kicking a "football" around on a REALLY laggy map isn't my idea of fun.

There were so many things that could make a great PVP DLC, sadly I don't think they will ever try and cash in on any of the great ideas that have been posted over the years.
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While I don't think it is the "number one problem" I do agree that it is a problem.
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

Sorry have to correct myself. LL only provided 1 new weapon, new gear with mark lockouts, and several useless maps that were locked to owners of the DLC only. That is why it failed, not because it was PVP orientated. The PVP maps are actually more of PVE with opposing factions on the same map than literal PVP.
    • Like x 1