NEW Problem w/ Marketplace in Windows Vista 64-bit Edition...

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Jack T. Chance, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The Good News: As of an update or 2 ago, the in-game Marketplace FINALLY works again for users of 64-bit Windows Vista! YES!!! :D

THE BAD NEWS: Now there's a new issue for those of us that are Paid All Access Members. When I'm in the game, in the Marketplace, my monthly 500 MC reward doesn't show-up as available. If I log into my account on the Official Website, I can see that it's available, but there's no way to redeem it from the website. :(

First I had to deal with several months of lost MC due to the first glitch, preventing the Marketplace from working at all, a problem that should've been seen on the Test Servers, and which should have prevented the release of that update until the issue was resolved.

And now, I'm STILL getting screwed out of my 500 MC monthly membership reward due to this new glitch. It's making me wish I hadn't renewed my membership until the Marketplace was back to 100% again, because I'm paying money for game features that I'm now losing out on.

I would have posted this glitch in the Announcement Forum, in the topic about the original bug, but Mepps closed that thread when he announced that the problem was resolved. :(
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

Anyone else had this issue yet? :confused:
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I am confused: Are you trying to get your Marketplace Cash from a PlayStation memberhsip with a PC account? Or trying to get membership MC for your PlayStation that you have for an AllAccess account on PC?
    DCUO memberships on PlayStation and PC are entirely seperate and MC as well as DBC can't be transfered between platforms.
  4. Mathalos Well-Known Player

For the last month or so, even on Windows 10, I can't see the status of my 500 DBC when I first log into the game. I have to wait 5 minutes or so and then open the marketplace again to see the 500 DBC grant status. Trying opening the marketplace when you log into the game and then 15 minutes later. Hopefully, you'll see the bonus grant the second time you open it.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You're very confused. I am playing on the US PC SERVERS (like it says very clearly in my forum signature) and I'm logging in to try to redeem my monthly ALL ACCESS MEMBERSHIP REWARD CASH.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try! :)
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, that still hasn't worked for me. Onto Plan B... or is it C, at this point? Time to download and install Evercrack. It's absolutely ridiculous that I have to do that just to redeem my 500 SC a month, but what can you do? :confused:
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 1
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

you ever thought of maybe not using a 10 year old OS.

Perhaps it's time for you to upgrade.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believed this issue was fully resolved. Please open a CS ticket so we can claim your cash. If possible, also, can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing in the Marketplace?

http://help.daybreakgames.com
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Will do.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]

Also, if I click on "Add Cash", I get the screen where it's Accessing My Account Info, it says "this may take a few minutes", and it hangs up, never progressing beyond that point. This is with a broadband internet connection running at 15-20 mbps. o_O

Let me know if screenshots of any other Marketplace pages would be helpful. If they would be, I'll take them at the earliest opportunity.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In his defence you kept saying you couldn't claim your MC. MC only exists on the PS version of the game. There is no such thing as MC on the PC version, it's DBC.
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

I had customer service tell me it was fixed when I asked them to redeem for me. I had to convince them that the marketplace was available, but not the option to claim the monthly allowance.

I just assumed that the missing option was part of the fix to make it open to dinosaur OS again.

If there was an option to claim the monthly allowance on the website though, that would be a handy addition to those that travel etc and can't login that month, even if they had the latest shiny OS.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yes, I said Marketplace Cash, because it has different names on different platforms. BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT I MEANT BECAUSE I WAS PRETTY CLEAR ON THAT POINT. And again, it's RIGHT THERE IN MY SIGNATURE that I'm playing on the US PC Server. :p

Downloaded and installed Evercrack yesterday, gonna fire it up when I have a minute, create a character, then see if I can claim my Daybreak Cash (there, I called it the right name, happy now?)
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I can now confirm that downloading and installing the original Everquest, creating a character, starting the game, and then going into the Everquest Marketplace DOES allow me to see my Monthly Reward and claim it. So I've now claimed my 500 Cash for this month. Should've done this a couple months ago, but I was busy with other things. :oops:
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And one last update, here's a screenshot of the only thing I can get right now when trying to use the Add Cash option:

[IMG]

Looks like, for the time being, I'll have to either Add Cash through the website, or via Everquest, depending on which option works.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*Bump* Still no sign of any apparent improvement. Is there any more info on how things are coming along with eliminating these bugs once and for all?
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*Bump* Nudging this back to the top because people are still having this issue, including Yours Truly. :(

Haven't had time to download & install the latest game update yet, so I haven't yet tested that to see if it fixed the issue. In the meantime, I hope the advice of what's working for me is helpful to someone else. :)
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

UPDATE: After reading this suggestion in another bug report thread, I tried something today that I'd forgotten we could do... I Validated the Game Files.

After the game identified literally HUNDREDS of little updates needed on files, and then downloaded and installed over 200 MB worth of stuff, I launched the game.

And... bupkis. STILL missing the option to redeem my Monthly Reward, and also STILL unable to add Daybreak Cash from the in-game Marketplace. But on the latter, I DO now get a pop-up telling me I can't add cash that way and directing me to the game's website to do it. So... yay, progress? :rolleyes: