new powers and weapons

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, May 25, 2021.

1. Robotsidekick Active Player

Shadow - based on Shade
    Controller

Magnetisim - based on Dr Polaris
    Tank

Light - based on Dr Light
    Healer

Numchuks
    Numchuks with three sections
    Whip
    Chain with mace
    • Like x 2
  2. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

You can’t forget about a super strength power set and maybe a stretch power based on plastic man
    • Like x 1
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sorry to say this to you but Shadow and Light have been requested more times than can be counted. I do believe Magnetism has been mentioned but I don't think it has been all that often. It is a 10 year old game after all, it has all been said by now.

As for weapons, it was said long ago that they have no plans to make any more. The process is a pretty big undertaking that just doesn't have the necessary gains to make it worth shifting things around to make it happen. Also those specific type of weapons have always been said to be outside the capabilities of the system to make work for players. And think about how the game is designed, can you honestly say that nunchucks would fit in with the normal fighting design of DCUO, how would that work?
    • Like x 1
  4. Fwames Well-Known Player

I just want them to release or finish their proposed concept of "Serum".

The reason of "Serum" as a powerset might encourage drug use seems ridiculous to me (I am entitled to my opinion of course).
    I don't know if it really was the case but if it is... it really sounds stupid.

I don't see people blame Munition for gun violence.
    I don't see people blame Fire for arsons.
    and I don't see people blame Earth for earthquakes!
    • Like x 1
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Maybe the Developers can revamp the polarize interaction in Electricity and make it more closer to magnetic abilities and viable for dps, and revamping the dark side of Celestial can also help with the requests with shadow powers, cause I believe there was a reason why Electric has the polarize interactions and Celestial with shadow looking powers.

As far as what I would like to see, maybe a Brute force powerset and less magical looking would be nice.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That project was binned long ago, it's not coming back for a variety of reasons (like the fact that they aren't working on any powers right now for one).
  7. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Yea it seems like a total double standard, Bane uses Venom to get stronger faster there really no difference between Venom and serum. Slade Wilson a supersoldier by a serum also, so this power should go back to being rereleased. It's not like showing Roy Harper being strung out like come on.
  8. Robotsidekick Active Player

if they stop making new content like powers and weapons, they may as well scrap the game and make a new MMO because there's still too much missing
    • Like x 1
  9. Fwames Well-Known Player

The topic asked for it so I said it
    • Like x 1
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

If they want to keep the game going for another 10 more years we will need new powers and weapons, for sure. That said, we dont need them right now or in the near future, there are more urgent features.

Plus, they should revisit every power before thinking about new ones, I dont want to see a power done with the highest potential of the engine while nature still uses some ps2 quality animations.
    • Like x 1
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There was a pool and people voted to scrap serums for water, I cant find it though, the confirmation was 6 years ago.
    https://twitter.com/Spytle/status/615991717800509440
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We've had no new powers since Water was released. We're still here. No good reason to scrap the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I get it, this is a pie in the sky fantasy thread, and you wanted to shoot your shot for something we all know isn't happening. If this is your idea of fun, enjoy.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

New weapons are not happening...not unless a genuine miracle occurs. New powers eventually...yeah. But like you said, we need to spruce up what we have now before adding new shiny.
  15. Robotsidekick Active Player

Interesting logic but no, beyond this forum the game is dying.
    New powers was the thing that hyped everyone and brought in new players and brought back old players.. without it the game is life support mode tbh. So may aswell start work on new game if that's the case.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Oh Noes! The game is dying! Again. Same as every year since beta.
    • Like x 3
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The game has been dying since day one of the forums. TEN years later and people still repeat that mantra. Meanwhile when the company got sold it was reported that they were bringing in new players, and there have been threads from returning players. So you can say what you want, but the evidence says otherwise.

Now, having said that, yeah...new powers would be nice...for a little while. When the excitement of the new wears off (as it always does), we'll be right back here complaining about this, that and the third. Also, before new powers, again...we need to spruce up what we got.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Based on various bits of info and data I've come across here and there, I'd say you're correct in that there's very little evidence that actually links violent and/or destructive themes in video game and other entertainment media to any increase in violent and/or destructive behavior in the vast majority of people. However, in the world of PR, public image, social climate and other factors that are less clear cut and tangible tend to carry a lot more weight than things like research, facts, statistics, data, etc. And considering all that, ain't nobody with half a brain gonna let their company release a product/update that centers around hypodermic needles while our society is smack dab in the middle of an opioid epidemic that is (thankfully) gaining more and more public attention. That ain't a good look.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm pretty well traveled in many DCUO social circles and I rarely encounter people who participate in the forums. Funny enough, I constantly encounter people who complain that the devs don't listen to the community all while failing to see the connection between feeling like they're not listened to and declining the opportunity to voice their opinions on here. But my point was, If anything, the forums, under-represent the game's popularity.