New power idea!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nek0 Rey, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Nek0 Rey New Player

I recently came up with a new Sound controller power, this time I am going to be doing a chi manipulation power. The trees are called AURAS, and PROJECTION. This would be a tank power, and the tanking method would be more focused on redirection, and manipulation of the damage. This is going to seem complicated, or complex, but it really isn't. After you check it all out, it is rather straight forward really.

I will start with the tree that is more geared towards the tanking side. AURAS...I call the mechanic Aura dancing. I envisioned this as an always up shield that you can alter to fit what you need at that time. While it does a few things, it doesn't come close to replacing anything. Obviously numbers would have to be changed as I'm sure mine are pretty skewed. Also, while this tree only has one direct damaging move, there are moves that use the auras in the PROJECTION tree.

By the way, this is one of most unlikely powers i've seen someone come up with yet.
    • Like x 2
  2. Nek0 Rey New Player

Tier 1

Chi Aura - Generate an aura around yourself that has varying effects.
    Damage Role: The aura will increase damage dealt from all sources, and occasionally pulse and apply a PI based on your current aura type.
    Tank Role: The aura will decrease damage taken from all sources. Allows you to manipulate the damage you take depending on your current aura type, and occasionally pulse and apply a PI based on your current aura type.
    NOTE: Chi Aura is always on until you deactivate it. Aura types are not always on, and will eventually expire. All Auras pulse upon activation.

Tier 2

Stone Aura - Changes the base Chi Aura to an earth elemental aura. Pulses apply the DAZED PI.
    Damage Role: Changes Channeled Chi, and Aura Bomb to have a different effect.
    Tank Role: Further reduces damage, and applies the aura on the teammate with the lowest health. You take 75% of their damage, but that damage is reduced by 50%.
    NOTE: Casting this aura back to back will cause you to take all of your allies damage. Also, each use whether it is back to back uses, or refreshed will effect a new ally if the person with lowest health is different. Stone Aura has an 8 second duration, and no cool down.

Aura Balance - Refresh your current Aura.
    NOTE: This is the only way to use the same aura back to back while retaining the original effect outside of Absorption. Has a 12 second cool down.

Absorption - Absorb the chi from nearby enemies pulling them to you.
    Tank Role: Absorbs stolen chi as power. Amount restored is 1/8 of the users max power. It is restored over 12 seconds. Also uses stolen chi to refresh current aura.
    NOTE: Cool down is 6 seconds. The power back function does not stack, and does not overwrite. If you activate it once, you will get the power back effect, if you use it again as soon as it is off cool down, you will not get the effect again until the full amount of power has been restored over the 12 seconds.

• Like x 2
  3. Nek0 Rey New Player

Tier 3 + Supercharge

Lighting Aura - Changes the base Chi Aura to an electric aura. Pulses apply the ELECTRIFIED PI.
    Damage Role: Further increases damage dealt from all sources. Changes Channeled Chi, and Aura Bomb to have a different effect.
    Tank Role: Further reduces damage, and applies the aura to the target. Stuns that target, and any one who attacks that target absorb the chi to turn it into power. The amount of power is 1/16 of the users Max power per hit.
    NOTE: Effects only weapon damage. Casting this aura back to back will cause you to lose power equal to 1/16 of the users max power each time they are hit. If refreshed, The aura will apply to which ever enemy is your current target. Lightning Aura has an 8 second duration, and no cool down.

Extended Aura - Supercharge. Cost 50%. Extend the current aura you have to all teammates, or enemies.
    NOTE: If Stone Aura is extended, your health pool is doubled, and you take 50% of all incoming damage for your 4 allies with the lowest health, and you are immune to being damaged directly.
    If Lightning Aura is extended, all enemies in a PBAOE around you will receive the Lightning Aura, and each hit restores 1/16 of the users max power. Like the non supercharge version, this only applies to weapon damage.
    If Burning Aura is extended. Applies a DOT to all enemies in a PBAOE, and those enemies all do reduced damage, and explode upon death. The explosion damages nearby enemies, and applies the BURNING PI.
    If Fluid Aura is extended, all allies receive it, and the aura greatly reducing the damage received.
    Random effect if used with Yin Aura, or Yang Aura.

Aura Sphere- Supercharge. Cost 35%. Envelope your self in a radiating aura ball that restores health, and makes you immune to CC. No aggro loss.

Tier 4

Burning Aura - Changes the base Chi Aura to a fire elemental aura. Pulses apply the BURNING PI.
    Damage Role: Applies a DOT to nearby enemies. Changes Channeled Chi, and Aura Bomb to have a different effect.
    Tank Role: Further reduces damage, and applies the aura on your target. That enemy does less damage. Also when that target dies, they explode, and transfer the aura to nearby enemies. They in turn do less damage as well.
    NOTE: Casting this aura back to back will cause your aura to weaken nearby teammates causing them to deal less damage. Burning Aura has an 8 second duration, and no cool down.

Fluid Aura - Changes the base Chi Aura to a water elemental aura. Pulses apply WHATEVER THE WATER PI WILL BE.
    Damage Role: Changes Channeled Chi, and Aura Bomb to have a different effect.
    Tank Role: Further reduces damage. This aura only effects you, and causes each blow received to glance off of you dealing greatly reduced damage in addition to the reduced damage already generated.
    NOTE: Casting this aura back to back will cause your aura to increase damage taken rather than reduce it. Fluid Aura has an 8 second duration, and no cool down.

Tier 5

Yin Aura - Changes the base Chi Aura to a light aura. Pulses also apply the ENLIGHTENED effect to all nearby allies.
    Damage Role: Changes Channeled Chi to have a different effect.
    Tank Role: Further reduces damage. Each time an ENLIGHTENED ally deals weapon damage, it heals you for 1/30 of the users max health. Each pulse that hits a DARKENED ally will cause the effect EQUILIBRIUM. Being in that state will cause an increase in Supercharge regen rate.
    NOTE: Yin Aura has an 8 second duration, and 16 second cool down.

Yang Aura - Changes the base Chi Aura to a dark aura. Pulses also apply the DARKENED effect to all nearby allies. Pulses are less frequent.
    Damage Role: Changes Channeled Chi to have a different effect. Each weapon strike from a DARKENED ally charges their target, and if that target is hit by a Yang Aura pulse they explode dealing damage to nearby enemies. Each pulse deals damage if the enemy hit is already DARKENED.
    Tank Role: Further reduces damage. Each pulse that hits an ENLIGHTENED ally will cause the effect EQUILIBRIUM. Being in that state will cause an increase in Supercharge regen rate.
    NOTE: The damage dealt from the charged Yang Aura pulse, is based on the might of the user. Supercharge regen effect lasts for 8 seconds, and cannot stack or be overwritten. Yang Aura has an 8 second duration, and 16 second cool down.

Aura Bomb - Focus your chi to cause your aura to explode in an AOE on you.
    Damage Role: Does Heavy damage if the target/s are under the effect of the corresponding PI of your current aura. If used with Burning Aura, and the target/s are burning it does extra damage. So forth, and so on. Also has a special effect based on the aura used.
    Tank Role: Stuns all nearby target/s, and causes a special effect based on the aura used.
    NOTE: In damage role, Stone Aura Bomb will be able to be aftershocked once for free, but with reduced strength.
    In tank role, it will reduce the damage taken for the next 4 hits.

In damage Role, Lightning Aura Bomb will cause a small lightning storm over the user that will strike down to restore the amount of power used to cast Lightning Aura Bomb over 6 seconds.
    In tank role, it will hit 4 random teammates.

In damage role, Burning Aura Bomb will cause an inferno like aoe. It will act as a DOT to anyone in the field. If a target dies as a result of the Dot they explode to cause damage to enemies near them. Each explosion is weaker than the last.
    In tank role, it will infuse allies weapons with chi that will put a short dot on an enemy. DOTS don't stack, and are based on the users might.

In damage role, Fluid Aura Bomb will cause a puddle under you that will heal you for 1/8 of the users max health over 6 seconds.

In tank role, it will douse allies near you healing them for 1/20 of the users health.
    • Like x 2
  4. Nek0 Rey New Player

This is the PROJECTION tree. I see this as a sort of advanced interaction AM mixed with a 1234 AM. I just hope that it comes off the way I see it in my head lol. This tree require powers from the AURA tree to use. Since the ways to inflict dame on our own is limited, the big hits you get will make up for that. The way I see it is you can use the different auras to apply you PI and do weapon damage until they are all set and things like Chi Flash,or the elemental cycling.

I have been wanting something like this that is slow, can buff a little, and hits massively once or twice. Also you can Weapon Mastery the Chi Blast.

Tier 1

Chi Blast - Fires a small ball of chi at your target.
    Damage Role: Applies the PI of the element you are currently channeling with Channel Element.
    Tank Role: Single target taunt.
    NOTE: Aura does not determine what element you are channeling.

Tier 2

Meditate - Enter a tranquil that allows you regen power. The regen is equal to 1/16 of the users max power per tick.
    NOTE: Has the same amount of ticks as powers like warped reality, and has a 30 second cool down

Chi Flash - Unleash built up chi in the form of a lighting quick dash, followed up with a powerful kick.
    Damage Role: Deals extra damage if the target is BURNED, ELECTRIFIED, STUNNED, or WHAT EVER THE WATER PI is.
    Tank Role: Impact causes a pulse of the current aura type.

Universal Pull - Gather cosmic chi to pull enemies to you.
    Tank Role: Ranged multi target pull.

Tier 3 + Supercharge

Channel Element - Changes to the next element in the cycle to effect the PI applied by Chi Blast.
    NOTE: You can identify the current element by looking at the Chi Blast move. The background will change color to represent the current element. Brown for earth, yellow for electric, orange for fire, blue for water. Has no cool down.

Yin field - Supercharge. Cost 50%. Create an AOE field of Yin chi centered on you that prevents most incoming damage to you, and your allies while in the field.
    NOTE: Only available in tank role.

Yang Field - Supercharge. Cost 50%. Create an AOE field of Yang chi centered on your target that doubles the damage enemies in the field receive from weapon attacks.
    NOTE: Only available in in damage role.

Tier 4

Infusion - Let your chi flow through you into your weapon.
    Damage Role: Increases the chance that your enemies will take increased damage. Also has a chance to apply any PI the target is not already afflicted with.

Transference - If your weapons are infused, transfer your chi to 3 other allies.

NOTE: Infusion, and transference have the same effects, but transference damage will be considerably less.

Tier 5

Chi Wave - Fire a large chi blast at your target/s
    Damage Role: Enemies take extreme damage if the target/s are afflicted with at least 3 PI. If target/s are inflicted with all 4 PI you can combo to release a second Chi Wave that will cost half power.

Channeled Chi - Radiate your chi outwards in an AOE to deal damage to anyone nearby
    Damage Role: Deals more damage for each PI an enemy is suffering from.
    If Stone Aura is active you will take less damage while channeling.
    If Lightning Aura is active you will apply a DOT to all enemies hit.
    If Burning Aura is active you will cause small explosions in a small PBAOE around you.
    If Fluid Aura is active you will be able to move while channeling your chi.
    If Yin Aura is active you will increase the healing done to your allies for the duration.
    If Yang Aura is active create small dark chi "mines" randomly around you that explode. The explosions are stronger depending on how many PI the target/s are suffering from.
    NOTE: Locks you in place unless using Fluid Aura. You can hold it down until you run out of power. Cannot have power restored by other player effects while channeling.
    If used while under the effects of Meditate, your power regen duration will be doubled.

Harmony Combo - Perform a 6 hit punch kick combo with each hit using a different type of chi.
    Damage Role: Execute/finisher move

NOTE: Not a melee range only move. IF used form a distance, the punch/kick will shoot a blast of that elemental chi at the target.
    • Like x 3
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

6. Vesper Dedicated Player

Interesting idea, and I can see you put a LOT of work into it.

But........

This will be REALLY DIFFICULT to make it work in game with the cosmetic auras and effect auras going on all over the place.

It's already hard for peeps to always see special effect auras (like the orange-y spray in Lockdown or the wispy purple head in Unholy).

Couple the necessary effect auras with the cosmetic auras (Villain Barbie says you won't be able to try to pry off her Blue Plasmic aura until it's from her rotting dead corpse.....and even then, you'll have a fight on your hands!) and then the special effects of all the other superpowers of your team-mates in a raid (Sorcery Circle of Protection, Ice fields, Fire fields, Quantum gravity wells) and now this aura power will frankly hardly ever be seen or noticed.

As for the power interactions themselves, it sounds very much like a tank version of Mental.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jak-Man Committed Player

Chi bending?? Yes please.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jak-Man Committed Player

CHI-BENDING
    • Like x 1
  9. Nek0 Rey New Player

I completely get the visual issues, and I kinda had them in mind, but forgot to mention anything. I was think that an easy way to fix it would be a small emblem next to the health bar, or something like that. The entire thing has issues as to why it couldn't work, but that one is probably the second biggest.

I like your comparison of a tank version of mental! If hypothetically this base concept was put in, would you play it?
  10. Nek0 Rey New Player

The only similarities is that Atomic has an aura, but ok!
  11. Nek0 Rey New Player

Yay! I'm glad you like the idea. I can see a lot damage role players not liking it as it is pretty slow, but I thought it was interesting enough of an idea to do this.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

which is it tank or troll?
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no, my comment was implying your wasting your time since the new atomic powers is going on test if it isnt already on test.

Which is a tank power.
  14. Nek0 Rey New Player

Well considering that yellow bit said my sound power idea was a controller, and the green part says this one would be a tank, I am going with tank. I'm not sure how that wasn't clear.

Also, I just realized how snarky that sounded, my bad.
  15. Nek0 Rey New Player

That doesn't make sense to me. Why is it a waste of time to make up a new power regardless of what has been revealed?

Regardless, this is going to end up derailing, so let's just end it with this. Would you play this,and why for either answer?
  16. Vesper Dedicated Player

Personally, no, I would not. Not my cup of fur. ;) Lots of peeps would though, and more ideas are always better than no ideas. Your Sound set was really nicely thought out. If only it was a tank set, Ty Roc would by thrilled. I want Sound for my Tyroc tribute toon!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no for same reason I wont play atomic, b/c the whole power seems stale to me. With only having 1-2 "neat" things tied to it. Which 1-2 things wont make me jump ship.
  18. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Creative but hard to implement
    I wanna see an evasion tank though, in which your enemy attacks phase through you or you physically move from place to place or perhaps a tank that can set up a special zone to mitigate damage or heal, it's weakness being the zone would be in a fixed area so moving would be a bit dangerous
    • Like x 1
  19. Nek0 Rey New Player

I really would love that, but can't think how they could implement it the way the game is structured.
  20. Nek0 Rey New Player