Test Discussion New Feat Reorganization and General Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by WritingDesk, May 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WritingDesk Developer

Hello, Feat-Hunters!

We have reorganized and rewritten all the feats in the game, and this is the official thread for feedback and bugs.

Feats should now be organized and grouped intuitively, with a few minor UI improvements all designed to make feat hunting that much easier.

Additionally, the feats menu can now be opened with a hotkey (default "G" button on keyboard).

Please enjoy, and as always, thank you for your feedback!
    • Like x 17
  2. IonHero Committed Player

Inquiry, with the Time Capsule feats having their own section, will the collections associated with those time capsules also have their own section in the collections menu? (Can't check this on test, as those collections are rather unobtainable)

(On a tangential note, you will have made identifying all the feat from census data so much harder...)
  3. L T Devoted Player

Nicely done.

In general I think the time capsule feats are way better grouped together by capsule-- especially the emblem ones, which were getting way out of hand stuck in the style feats.

While I won't miss scrolling through endless styles to find which piece I need, I suspect you're going to get some requests to tag every style with an episode or time capsule before it's opened. Remembering which piece of content a particular style is from isn't always easy. I'm torn. It was nice having all the iconic sets together in one category, but the list WAS getting crazy long... and I'm not sure if just taking the TC feats out of there would have shortened it enough to fix it.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Honestly I wanted something like that for so long, it kind of sorted like the achievements in Guild Wars 2 and I really love that. I need to take a better look at this but I love what I am seeing so far. I am really looking forward to use it on the live servers.
    • Like x 2
  5. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

yh i think that isnt bad good work guys

but wouldstill be nice to have an option to activate feats like u do an mission so u see feat u care whole time and dont have to open menu each 5 minutes
    • Like x 2
  6. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

can their be a fear tracker so we can select a feat that we’re farming on screen so we can see how close we are to the feat?
    • Like x 3
  7. TabulaRasa Level 30

Thank you.. Thank you..Thank you!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

YES YES YES!!! this was needed so badly. always appreciate these quality of life changes
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    What is supposed to be the difference between "Classic Game" and "General"? The other major categories make sense considering the subcategories. "Classic Game" and "General" seem to be a confusing mixture though. Under "General," you have "Leveling" which includes all of the instance grind counters. You can't even do most of those until after you've leveled to 30.

Some other examples:
    -Top Level "General" has the "Natural Talent" and "Pro Athlete" feats. Why aren't these under the "Races" subcategory under "Classic Game"?
    -Under "General" you have the style grinding feats. Wouldn't those be a better fit for "Styles" under "Classic Game"?
    -Under Classic Game->Alerts, you have LPvE feats like "Legends PvE: Faster Responders". Those should be under Legends PvE.

There are several other examples like that.

Those two major categories feel like they end up being as confusing as what we currently have on Live.

I would suggest alphabetizing the subcategories under General, Classic Game, Legends Pve, and Player vs Player.
    • Like x 3
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Under "Episodes," "Shock to the System" should be renamed "45: Shock to the System".
    • Like x 4
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It is too bad nothing else can be done with the "Styles" subsections. As the categories are currently arranged, you have to know exactly where a Style is being categorized. If I want to look up my progress on the "Blood Bat" style, I have to know that is filed under PvP->Styles and not Classic Game->Styles. You also have to know exactly which Time Capsule or Episode corresponds to styles released outside the Classic Game.
    • Like x 1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks good at first glance but as Penryn mentioned, there are still some adjustments possible to make it perfect.

Something that annoyed me for quite a while is this Issue:

New UI
    [IMG]

Old UI
    [IMG]

I don't know when this change was introduced but it was some time ago and wasn't intentional (according to patchnotes). I'm referring to the amount of feats displayed in the overview window. This tracks only shown feats, meaning a stacking feat doesn't show beyond the next milestone. This can also be observed when looking at the total amount of feats possible.
    It would be nice to have this ironed out to always show how many total feats are possible, like it used to be.

Issue:
    When using a controller to scroll the new UI, my cursor has issues keeping on track. What i mean by that is when i open the category Lpve for example, i then scroll down but once i passed league of assasins, it won't continue to area 51 but jump into the general feats for Lpve.
    I'm also having a similar issue with my cursor not properly working on live in the style menu. It's getting lost sometimes and i have to scroll 3 or 4 styles up and down, just for it to get lost on another style piece (its not static). This could be related.
    • Like x 2
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Following up on the previous post, there are also a lot of navigation bugs if you are just using the keyboard:

If you want to go to a subcategory, you have to hold Space + Arrow Key. Pressing space bar by itself will not keep the category expanded.

Once you go into a Subcategory or Feat Listing section, the cursor will scroll off screen if you use the arrow keys.
    • Like x 1
  14. WritingDesk Developer

I definitely share your pain when it comes to Collections. It's something I'd like to also tackle at some point!
    • Like x 2
  15. WritingDesk Developer

The goal between "General" and "Classic Game" is that "General" feats are intended to be very basic feats that can be thought of as achievable across all game content (at least in theory), whereas "Classic Game" feats are intended to be more like if base game content were treated as incredibly large episode that happened to get its own section.

I'm definitely interested in your other examples! We've tried to organize the feats into sections that make sense to us, but getting it right requires a lot of adjustments from the previous system, so if you have suggestions, we're all ears!
    • Like x 3
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since "Back from the Hack" is a feat from the past, that can't be obtained anymore, its not shown in the feat menu unless you unlocked it in the past. This should also be the case for "Honorary El". Since the Superman emblem isn't obtainable anymore and most likely won't be ever again, this feat should be hidden for less confusion. (It's in Episodes -> Death of Superman)
    • Like x 6
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

Thank you so much for changing the Feat list after so many years!!
    I've a few suggestions for changes:
    • Feat "Time-Warped" is under General/Leveling, but it is an "Origin Crisis" and "Amazon Fury Part I" Feat.
    • The Races Feats in General Tab should be in Classic Game/Races
    • The Styles in General Tab should be in Classic Game/Styles
    • The Starro Base Items in Bases Tab should be in "Deluge" DLC
    • The Style Feat in Legends PvE Tab should be in Styles Feat Tab (True Colors)
    • Some of the Legends PvE feats are in the General/Alert Tab
    Edit: Found one more
    • Feat "It's not Old, It's Vintage" in Style Tab should be in "Hand of Fate" DLC.
    • Like x 4
  18. GermanM Committed Player

Nice changes, i only hope one day you could add a Search tab with text, that would be nice to find feats more easy.
    • Like x 2
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm wondering if feats that are based on counters to unlock further feats are working properly here.

Comparing the Progress Overview feats:
    Your Picture vs What I Have Listed
    Episodes: 1789 vs 1824
    Player vs Player: 68 vs 123
    Legends PvE: 161 vs 221

That is what I'm seeing on PCTest right now with the new UI.

Something isn't working correctly somewhere.
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The total amount doesnt take feats into account you can't see yet. You simply have more feats completed on test that had counters attached to them i assume.
    EG: If i finished Lpve 0x as flash but you have done it 25x already, you have one more total feat in the overview.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.