new event god aura (still have to use IRL money) ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

well weekly raid and that other missions that you get the box for a change for collection....

they made it again you need to buy replaybadges .... 3 weeks left thats 6 chances on boxes to get a collection it's not like it's quaranted ...

so far i dont think anyone even wants to sell collections on broker i havent seen a single person ingame with the new aura tbh
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not to mention that there's another 12-piece collection that drops from the same lootboxes, it seems.

If there wasn't a 50 pt-feat attached to a rehashed aura, I personally wouldn't care at all. But rehashed or not, people will push the price as much as they can all because of the feat attached. Your best bet is probably to check the broker prices by the last week of the event.
    • Like x 1
  3. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

There’s also a weekly in the event area and a daily solo that drops them... And alts exist.
    • Like x 10
  4. IonHero Committed Player

I have yet to see the aura's collection drop anywhere but weekly quests.

The daily solo box has only ever spawned the other collection for me.

At time of posting this only about 240 characters have the feat for collecting the aura
    • Like x 1
  5. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

It’s called RNG... but 240? And the event has been out how long? 3 days? 4 if we include resets? Says it all.

I’v been running the solo, daily, on 4 alts, I have 10/12 of the collection and about 20+ million from selling duplicates. I could buy the other two and still be in profit, turning that 240 into 241.
    • Like x 4
  6. IonHero Committed Player

Well in comparison The other feat for the new "Brainiac v Anti-Monitor" collection has been completed around 2000 times.

I've run the solo on about 12 alts daily, and only seen the "Brainiac v Anti-Monitor" collection drop.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

A month long event that has been active for a whole 4 days and already the complaints are rolling in? I am running between 4-7 alts a day through the event and emailing all collections to my main.. then as I get duplicates I send them back down the line to the others. I have not even been keeping track yet of how far along I am toward a complete collection... MUCH more interested in the armor that is dropping and the amount of Qwardian Coin I have so I can but even more.

Biggest complaints I have to date:

1. I realize it doesn't take THAT long but honestly? Why are so many players horrified by the idea of forming an ACTUAL group to do the weekly bounty and take out 4 Shadow Demon Archons?

2. The RAID? I know this was brought up last year but can we PLEASE spend just a little more time actually engaged in combat and a little less time be tossed around like a sack of dirt? I was tanking one raid and got shot half way across the map ... headed back to the Anti Monitor and before I could even get within range I got picked up and thrown again.. and guess what? Headed back and it happened a third time. HEY DEVS just a hint people like to actually PLAY the game and engage in combat NOT watch their alts fly helplessly across the map. :mad:

Other than that i have no complaints. I do realize some players had an issue the first day or so actually getting into the zone and even if they managed that had problems getting the terminals to hand down missions.. Thankfully I had no issue with that glitch and i have not heard anything about it in two days so I am ASSUMING the hot fix worked? :)

Guys we have 25 more days before the event ends ... and even without replays that include at least three normal weekly resets. Panic later.. have some fun now!
    • Like x 1
  8. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

So as a free to play game you are "FORCED" to make alts to get the collections? now read this and think what you said @TechWarrior0329

And among those 240 who have completed are 100% not players who didnt use a single replay badge , hence my OP that you need to pay real money, and we all know collections are things that you get 1 of the same about 20 times so mostly "luck" factor.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Made it larger and bolder in case people can't see it. Also wanted to add, that alts only have to be at level 10 minimum to participate. If you have any that you abandoned for whatever reason that are higher than cr30, now's the time to bring them to temporary active duty. So the excuse that they're forcing people to use replays is flimsy at best. I mean don't get me wrong, i'm sure they'd be happy if you did replay stuff...but it's not required (also, that daily solo mission is only 12 replays...think about that for a sec...just sayin').
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Did it occur to you that some of those 240 who completed the aura collection are in-game millionaires/billionaires??? They didn't necessarily have to dish out any cash if they ran several alts and bought whatever they were missing after selling dupes. And as it has been pointed out, we're only 4 days in. A little too early to cry foul isn't it??? Not to mention this is an annual event which will return next year....just in case you don't get it this year.
    • Like x 1
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Maybe you haven't seen many because this aura is ugly af?

I'm at 9 collection pieces right now. I don't need to use replays. I have bank toons like crazy and they are all level 30. So I run the quests that give caches with them. Made a few mil in the process as well so far... If the event ends and I am still sitting at 11/12, well I have a few mil more by then and just buy the last piece.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dene Devoted Player

"Rome wasn't built in a day" comes to mind lol

I feel old saying this, but i remember "back in the day", when running seasonals, a fair few would have left over feats.. it is normal, especially if you wont/can't replay.

Not sure why people think it is mandatory they must finish every style the minute it appears.

ADVICE - as others have said. Go for the Life Shell first - so you get the feat that gives you extra marks in the event raid. then work slowly through the rest.

Or the alt thing mentioned a few times works too - esp for collections
    • Like x 1
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No YOU need or think you need to pay real money because you think you HAVE to have every single thing that is available in some way in minutes. As mentioned the event is 4 DAYS old... and lasts a whole month. Plus guess what? The world will not end if you some how do not complete a collection ..... i PLAY 7 ALTS because I have 7 I enjoy playing and I HAVE the time to play them. Check with some other players and what they do to complete everything they want on any other "holiday" event.... I've seen players on here that stated they were running as many as 10 alts or more through that stuff.

This game is F2P up to Tier 3 after that you better be ready to pay one way or the other for just about anything you can think of.... Powers, DLC access, Full access to a lair including lair powers and generator mods, TIME CAPSULES and all the lovely things a player can only gain access to through them.. You have been on these forums for more than 3 years and some how it shocks you that the game costs CASH?

MY POINT was I have absolutely no intention of spending a dime on the event and will be perfectly happy with all the armor upgrades and any feats i manage to grab along the way. If you don't want to spend REAL MONEY on it.. don't There is no one forcing you to. Hey there was a thread on here less than a week ago stating that no matter what you do the most SP you can slot into Might/Power is 195 so at around 260 SP you are done. So since we now have well over 300 SP available obviously it is not mandatory to have every single feat point. Well unless you have half a brain and use the rest to increase things like your HEALTH so you do not die every 10 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

We are given lots of those interference shields.. they help you and the rest of your group.. they seem to help heaps, imo.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nothing in this game should be balanced around the ftp experience outside of the leveling missions
    • Like x 2
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ran the Event at least a 12 times so far.... maybe a bit more.

Do not have the aura so far.

So.... if you play the Event only with one character..... unless you are lucky..... odds are you will NOT get the aura.
    Sad..... but it is what it is. :(

To get the aura you will need to

A) Ues LOTs of replays to replay the Event mission....
    and even then.... even if you replay it 12 times... you might still not have the Aura afterwords

B) Use LOTs of Alts to farm for collections
    and even then.... you may still not have the aura

C) Buy the collections on the Broker
    assuming anyone is selling it

And even then...... even if you do A) and B) you still might not have the aura in the end.

Don't know what the drop rate is.... but it seems to be REALLLY LOW... especially considering the limited number of times we can run the Event before the event is gone. :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

@MAGNETOxxFirstClass someone who understands glad to see ^^

People def the game but never seem to understand they made the decicion going f2p , if they want money remove f2p and go back to 15bucks a month and then everyone gets stuff eaqually easy and done.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you may not be aware of is that the event raid is not the only place where the collections drop...they also drop from the DAILY reward box from the solo mission. Want Proof??? Well MAGNETOxxFirstClass, you're in luck....because I made a video about it. ;)

And just as LUCK would have it, I got one of the four I needed to complete the set, and it's one of the rarer ones...and there's still 25 days to go with this event, and I have 11 active toons, and i'm about to add 3 more to active status JUST to farm the daily/weekly boxes.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I always appreciate a good video.
    Good job. ;) ;)

I ran ALL the Event (Weekly... Daily.... solo... etc) half a dozen times when it launched with different caracters.

Then again the very next day.

And then I even started using some of my Alts that aren't loot locked with the Weekly to run the Event again.

So I ran alll the Event at least 12 times... but in reality it is more then 12... but I did not really keep track of how many times.... so let's settle on 12 times.

For the Weekly... that is more then you can run with 1 character without using Replays.
    For the Dailies.... that is 1/3 of what you can run without replays.

So.... so far.... unless we get really lucky like you..... odds of getting the aura are not good. :( :(

And sadly... the odds are rarely in my favor. :(

I could tell you horror stories of playing D&D where the highest stat my character had was 12. :eek:

;) ;)
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

because why bother if u can just close the portals by soloing instead of killing the big one with a group.
    • Like x 3