New episode and previous episode effects

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Jun 27, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I noted that when BoP came out, Daemohedron were made redundant and the vendor replaced with Source Mark prices, with a vendor option to convert your now redundant Daemohedron currency into Source Marks. All very good. So as next in line, will this happen with Metal pt1's currency once Wonderverse is released?

I probably won't make enough Metal Coins between now and then to get what I need, so I'm weighing up options.

Thanks.
  2. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Correct. Dark Metal Coins will vanish when Wonderverse drops.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are correct, they will convert, but addtionally the gear prices will be lowered drastically (more than 50%) for Metal 1 gear, so if you piling up money to buy the gear, save it. Assuming you are still below 296, you'll get metal 1 coins and source marks, which means in Aug you'll have double the source marks you earned and saved to spend 1/2 as much (or less) getting the gear style feats. The BOP drops will attune higher than metal 1 anyway, so other than the quick bump in CR, the metal 1 gear is really only for the style and feat at this point. The materials and other style items will not reduce, so if you need those spending Metal coins now, or source later is about the same.

Other word to the wise if you haven't done the conversion much, when you are buying the conversion tokens after the new DLC drops, go slow as you press the X button. Once you've bought the last 1 mark conversion, the next X you hit will be a style or other item at the top of the list you may not need or want as the list moves up as you are buying and there is no confirmation on the purchase.
    • Like x 1
  4. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

SO logically following that...the lexcoin event is pointless, because that equipment will eventually be switched and reduced to source marks.

This already happened to me, i was trying to get a few pieces of future ret and the next set dropped, ret was removed from vendor and i couldnt find it.

Looking around at old content in the watchtower vendors by the portals, they are almost entirely source marks. Thing is they are way too many for obsolete content. 70 sourcemarks for whats essentially a style piece? thats the same as the newer gears,more even. id rather spend 4 replay badges.
  5. MrStoob Well-Known Player

At CR307, I'm still getting Source marks in Thanagar content (not sure about raids) - will these drop off too?
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It is the opposite of pointless, even if you have already got everything on the BOP vendor. When Lex coins get retired, you can convert them to Source Marks. So you could save up a couple thousand Lex coins now and be able to change those into source marks later, and every Lex coin would become a Source Mark. This is especially helpful for people that are still missing several older vendor styles and are still trying to get those styles/associated feats.

I'm not sure what you mean by "future ret" (the closest recent style I can think of is Retribution which is the purple drop in end game BOP and the style of the unattuned gear box BOP event vendor), but if it was a vendor style it would not have been removed from a vendor. If it was the purple drop/event unattuned gear, it would still be on the event vendor outside the portal to the open world for the episode (and on the event vendor inside the episode open world). If it was the normal episode gear, you have to go into the episode open world for that vendor.
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Those style pieces for 70 marks are for styles that are normally dropped in game. That's subject to RNG and for some players it could take years to get the last style they need to finish a set. Trust me, 70 marks is cheap compared to that. DI just needs to update that vendor and add more styles in there.
  8. inferno Loyal Player

At 307, you're still within the CR relevant window of Thanagar instances, you'll lose those rewards after 308.
    • Like x 1
  9. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

I know, someone was complaining about farming the snake head piece for months on here, dropped for an alt out of a lock box for me yesterday didnt even want it. RNG is rough. Yes i meant the Retrobution set, and Enhanced future crusader set, unattuned gear i think. Whatever gear was removed when they put the jester set up was the one i was talking about. I just got Ret and Crusader confused sorry.
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Since metal 1, I stopped buying regular vendor gear. I still haven't bought one single piece of gear from metal 2. Ran that whole episode with metal 1 elite gear. Skipped the whole metal 2 episode gear. Ran most of BOP with all purple gear and a couple metal 1 elite pieces combined with the OP items for the buff. Just decided to replace those 2 elite pieces with BOP elite pieces but I wont buy anymore gear after that either lol. I just run the Marks up to around 999 then buy stuff to sell on the broker. Keep stacking so when conversion comes I'll get full value
  11. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Ah. K. Well, as someone who can't wait to progress their toon, I'll be losing them soon enough then. :)