New Content Ideas To Keep The Game Fresh

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Radioactive Spider, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Radioactive Spider New Player

You should not have to limit DLCs on just solos, duos, alerts or raids. You have many exciting NEW options to satisfy the community as a whole. Things like...

PVE Challenge progress levels 1-10 from fighting waves of mobs/bosses. (Wave Progression Challenges)
    Hard Mode Version of Raids/Alerts that drop 1 piece of Legendary Gear when completed.
    Legends PVE where you get Iconic/Legend trinkets drops as rewards that are form-changes of DC Universe characters (you can even sell these form change trinkets on marketplace cuz I am certain that they would sell like hotcakes, better than buying a legends character u can only use in pvp).
    Elimination PVP Mode 8-10 Players. Players start in a jail cell with two people fighting with the people in jail watching. as one player gets eliminated another jail cell opens. (would bring new life to pvp)
    New Races this is something that has been forgotten about for a long time now and i think its time to bring it back.
    Training Simulations training dummies who fight back and offer a wide variety of skilled training, weapons/movements/powers. (would be something fun and help train newcomers)

As you see, there are many new things that can be done to keep the game fresh with rich NEW content. What are some new ideas that you would like to see put in the game?
    • Like x 24
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

These sound very interesting and fun. +1
  3. Radioactive Spider New Player

Thank You. Interesting and fun is what is missing in dcuo today. I think the development team could do so much better for this game creating new and exciting things that do not take much time to produce.
  4. Radioactive Spider New Player

The game has been out for 3 years and in each of the past 9 DLCs (with exception to last laugh), they have offered the same solo,duo,alert and raid format. I think it's time to give us something new in the mix.
    • Like x 1
  5. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Kinda like Tag Team.
    I like it.
    Could be a new interesting fun twist.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Really like the first one.
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

I wouldn't mind seeing a PVE Wave mode... We could even have a competitive wave mode(Where the goal is to survive..) I could see competitive wave mode working as follows:
    1.Each new wave hits harder.
    2.Each wave hits on a regular interval.(So don't take too long in wiping out a wave.)
    3.Wiping out a wave before spawns the next wave Immediately for your team.(So burning waves faster than your opponent won't exactly be the key to winning, managing your power and teamwork are key factors to winning, this is about Endurance not who can kill the most stuff.)
    4.The team that survives the longest is the winner.

As for the Training simulator: I'd say have two control panels in the spawn room: One that lets you turn into any Legends character you have unlocked, and one that lets you spawn an NPC version of any Legends character you've unlocked. Then we can also add new simulated spawn collections that let you add different kinds of adds to the training Sim as well...(Actually a "training Sim" wouldn't be a bad idea for custom content... no reward necessary and you can team up with your friends if you want..)

As for new races... Since when did this game have "Races"? Or do you mean skins for our characters?
  8. Lexinator Well-Known Player

God yes, especially seeing as how DCUO is a different breed of MMO. The action format here simply demands more mission/quest types than the standard fetch/kill/fedex nonsense.

Take a look at LoTRO here. When I went up against HUNDREDS of orcs (with burning buildings, catapults, etc), while keeping others safe - I knew I was in love :) No simple fetch quests there (well, not later in the game anyway).

Give us STORY based quests that take hours to finish, but give a great reward instead of the standard theme-park MMO nonsense.
  9. LaughingRiot Well-Known Player

Agreed, they need to add more Legends PVE content. The Huntress and Bizarro content was fun, but way too short.
  10. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

Love the ideas!!! +1
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

I wanna PvP Race in the making, by the way +1
    • Like x 1
  12. Radioactive Spider New Player

yes this was rushed legends pve content and not really what the majority were hoping for. We were hoping for 2 player, 4 player and 8 player legends pve content.
  13. Tweek New Player

Lots and Lots And LOTSS of new feats would help too:)
    • Like x 2
  14. Radioactive Spider New Player

There is huge demand for something new in this Action MMO. I do not think having small group DLC and large group DLC was the answer people have been waiting for. Giving us little additions, like things that have been mentioned above, would help change things around for this community.
  15. Radioactive Spider New Player

This is a great idea as well! They would be able to finally include PvP leaderboards with PvP Race, seeing who has the fastest on each race.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

PvP - Free for All, 4-6 players walk in and try to smash everyone lol
    Cross server/ Platform 4-8 man battles (EU vs US or PS vs PC)

PvE - 3 man alerts
  17. AzraelR Committed Player

I was remembering now when I played Swat 4.
    There was a mode called "rapid deployment".
    The mode was simple, Team A x Team B. There were bombs in the stage. One team had to disarm these bombs in a certain period. The other had to defend these bombs until the time expires. It was strange the second team to leave the bombs explode and they die together (yea, lol).... but it was so cool and fun that no one cared about that (who cares too, they're villains) There were many rounds of adrenaline with the team disarming bombs in the last remaining seconds.

The only thing that approaches it in the game today is the police station (in PVP).
    Anyway... I liked your post and I also think that new things could be added.
  18. Radioactive Spider New Player

Free For All PvP matches are a great idea but I think the reason it was never an option for the development team was because it wouldn't fit with the whole good vs evil they have going on in the game.
  19. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

It could work for villains fighting to be the top dog but yeah heroes not so much
  20. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

• Amped up versions of raids and alerts available via the Events tab would be a welcome addition to game.
    • The magic based DLCs would be another perfect opportunity to reintroduce “Legends PVE” with Zatanna at the center.
    • Any additional mods of PVP would be welcome from “Elimination PVP” to “Battle Royal PVP”.
    • I thought the War Room would offer training simulations to begin, so adding this to the game is long overdue.
    • Like x 1