New Company, New PvP update ???

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by PacifistSlade, Feb 1, 2021.

1. PacifistSlade New Player

Like, I cant be the only one that is hoping that the new company/studio works on PvP and actually listen to the community. Like this game still have potential to be the Best MMO RPG on the market, and Daybreak has lived up to its name ( literally) and made it a money feast... idk , just hoping that it happens. I heard in a interview with one of the future dev's that they will be working on new powers... so there's that. To any future dev's that might be stalking forums... please understand that this game can get back popular... and just trust the process ... God bless you all.
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

I doubt that they work on pvp. Wouldn’t mind if they did because I liked PVP but I think the focus will primarily be on PVE as they’ve said nothing about PVP.
  3. Eve YouTuber

The Interview you are talking about was with Jackster who is the CEO of Dimensional Ink (the studio that works on DCUO) he is not a developer\future developer.

While I am not against a PvP update, I have to admit that the game is in a good position and it might not be as popular, but I don't see PvP also making it "More Popular". This is a 10 year old game. They have stated plenty of times they have no plans for PvP and if they will have plans, I'm sure they will make an official thread about it. As for new powers - they said It's possible in the future, but they are not working on powers right now. (Even Mepps confirmed they don't have any powerset in the works now) and adding a new powerset won't magically fix PvP either.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Fixing PvP will definitely make dcuo more popular, it will encourage players to stay on more and possibly spend more money on the game after being burnt from PvE, right now we have a spamfest meta were players don't even bother to use weapons but just powers and shields and tbh it's a sad thing to see, also I agree with the powers not making PvP any better since more powers will mean more work for PvP, so for those who wish for PvP to be looked at, I think we should give the Dev's some time to see what's wrong with PvP if they ever decide to have another look at it.
    • Like x 1
  5. creatine1 Committed Player

original story lines for pvp and base items and gear you can only get on in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  6. TraylacktheOriginal New Player

Now I'm not against doing nothing but PvE updates cause that's clearly where majority of players are. But what would be the problem of just getting a certain number of people on a team to just throw a PvP patch here and there for the people who enjoy it. I wouldn't be so upset about that cause it would show that there trying, but to just blatantly ignore it just feels like a giant middle finger to the people who want it.
    • Like x 4
  7. Monsuta Man Level 30

After discovering Daybreak was working on a Marvel MMO, anything is possible with this passed around entity...

I would guess yes, due to the popularity of competitive play.

Just a normal guy, so what do I know...
    • Like x 1
  8. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Well, here's the thing. I loved pvp back when t4 was top tier. However even then in its hayday pvp wasn't very popular. Pvp was where the elitists of today hung out after they blew through the weekly raids. Of course anyone could pvp but unless you ran with the best players you usually went up against them and lost terribly. So a pvp update although welcome will not make the game more popular.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

TBH, more people ran PvP because it was just fun and more balanced then it currently is, now it's more of a power spamfest, and that would actually make anything pretty unpopular, in it's early days, it was well popular, which is why most of the Youtuber of DCUO were actually into PvP and that counts for the top DCUO Youtubers who were popular in mainstream, also it helped with something to do after running through PvE, the population was also more nice which is why I actually believe PvP will bring in more players, but we'll never know unless the Developers try.
  10. Rhema New Player

If they introduce SBMM, we wont have to worry about running up against the best players.